Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained (2821 Views)

President Buhari's Shoes Costs $8000 - Adeyanju Deji Claims (photos) / This Is How Eze Ndigbo Was Flogged In Deji Of Akure's Palace (pix) / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by newgroom: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
The embattled Deji of Akure, Oba Oluwadare Adeshina, has been deposed. Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko on Thursday deposed the monarch and banished him from the city of Akure for a period of 6 months, in the first instance.

The deposed monarch was alleged to have engaged in a street fight with his estranged wife, Bolanle, on Sunday, May 30, 2010.

He was said to have left the palace in company with his current queen, Remi Abiola, two of his chiefs and some young men suspected to be thugs, to pick up a quarrel with Bolanle, who now resides in her father‘s house on Hospital Road.

Minutes before the decision to depose him was announced by the state government after an Executive Council meeting presided over by the State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, the monarch was  arrested by a team of armed policemen led by John Mark, the Officer in Charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Ondo Police Command.

Sources at the Police Command said the deposed monarch would be tried for assault against his wife, Olori Bolanle who presently is undergoing treatment at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Owo for chemical burns.

At the press conference where the deposition was announced, the Commissioner for Information, Ranti Akerele, his Chieftancy Affairs counterpart, Diran Iyantan and the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Eyitayo Jegede, said government acted in the interest of the general public.

Akerele said the kingmakers have been directed to nominate three regents from the Ruling House to the state government to enable the state executive council approve the best that would handle the affairs of the town pending the formal selection of a new monarch who will emerge through the acceptable tradition and norms of the town

According to a release by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State Kolawole Olabisi, the State Executive Council has subsequently directed the Akure Kingmakers and the Akure South Local Government to immediately commence the process that would lead to the emergency and installation of a new
Deji of Akure.

And in order to forestall the breakdown of law and order and protect the rights of others, Oba Adepoju was banished and ordered not to step into Akure Township for a period of six months in the first instance by the State Executive Council.

''Council in its decision, which it based on the provisions of Section 17 (1) and (2) of the Chiefs law 1984 as amended that vested the State Executive Council with the powers to suspend or depose any chief if it considers such suspension or deposition to be reasonably justifiable, noted the outrage, protest and condemnation that greeted Oba Adepoju’s conduct as demonstrated by the protest embarked upon by the National Council of Women Societies, the Federation of Women lawyers among others.''

Source- The Guardian, with addition report from The Punch
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by EzeUche(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
Good news!

It was unbecoming of a monarch to act in such a way.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Osama10(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
What a pity he lost his throne because of a woman.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by tpiah: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2010
can we have some info on this remi abiola who cost a king his kingdom.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by oderemo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
oba nimal. ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by tpiah: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
why seeking forgiveness from the land gods when he hasnt sought forgiveness from his wife?

and i thought they said he used to live overseas?
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by MAYOWAAK: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
tpiah:

can we have some info on this remi abiola who cost a king his kingdom.

She was a former wife/concubine of late M.K.O ABIOLA
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Great to know that their is some kinda law afterall for Nija
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by oderemo(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
retreated to “Igbo Idumale”, (the forest of spirits) to seek the help of his ancestors and would remain there without food and water for seven days. It is unclear how the police would be able to reach him in the forest to enable them conduct their investigations after conceding to pressures that the feud must be investigated. The Police had earlier said the assault was a domestic matter.

Bet he comes out with obanimal part 2. cool cool
nigeria police cant read or what, the place is called IGBO IDUMALE. so whats diff. there.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by tpiah: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
excellent write up here:

Lessons from Akure

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/48882/1/Lessons-from-Akure/Page1.html

i see the writer is already being threatened by a commentator.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by tpiah: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

She was a former wife/concubine of late M.K.O ABIOLA

did abiola have two wives called remi because a remi abiola died last year or so, and she was also abiola's wife.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by chidichris(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
this is what i expected to happen to obasanjo who behaves like a madman.
when he slept with his daughter inlaw, he was suposed to be banished.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by OAM4J: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
My people will ask 'se eedi nde ni, abi won nsa si ni?' ( is he under some kind of spell or what?)

He almost lost the throne few months ago for act of hooliganism, but was save by the Governor

only for him to arras his own wife with thugs in the public. Something is definitely wrong with him. 

chidichris:

Were you there? did you see him sleeping with his daughter inlaw or do you have any evidence?
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by bkbabe97: 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
chidichris:

True, I agree! When Ojukwu slept with his best friend's daughter, a girl whom he attended her christening when he was 43 years old and whom he was made her "god-father", and ended up marrying her, I expected him to be banished too. . . . .
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by EzeUche(m): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
bk/babe97:

True, I agree! When Ojukwu slept with his best friend's daughter, a girl whom he attended her christening when he was 43 years old and whom he was made her "god-father", and ended up marrying her, I expected him to be banished too. . . . .

Shut up Yoruba. Why must you always bring up Igbo this and Igbo that? A Yoruba with an identity crisis. I should have known you would be lurking around these parts.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2010
Thank You, mo dupe!!!!

This is what I wanted made of the jackazz since I heard the news of the abuse.

Nigerian men need to start being taught a lesson. God did not make us to become their cow meat or punching bags.

I pray that kidnappers get their hands on that oloshi and give him his own pharmaceutical dose.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
Sources at the Police Command said the deposed monarch would be tried for assault against his wife, Olori Bolanle who presently is undergoing treatment at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Owo for chemical burns.

I knew the bas/tar/d used some sort of chemical substance.

Deji of Akure, Oba Adepoju Adesina (Osupa111)[b][size=13pt] has headed to the bush [/size][/b]in the town to seek forgiveness from the land gods after bringing the stool -ship into disrepute last weekend by assaulting his second wife.

Eranko lasan lasan, thatz where he belongs. In the forest with the rest of his family
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Ibime(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
hmmm. . . . see wetin woman done cause. . . . grin grin grin

Pls, the Chief of Police in his district should do his job and bring criminal charges against the disgraced monarch. . .
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Cohomology: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
bk/babe97:

Yoruba goat, comparing marrying a young woman (legal and moral) with incest (illegal and immoral)?

Must you bring up Igbo issues on Yoruba threads? Ewu!
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Nchara: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
The beating of a woman by a king and the forced relocation to the forest to ''chew grass'' is the first of its kind in the world as a combo event. The only other monarch who got a banishment to the forest to ''chew grass'' was Nebuchadnezar of Babylon, but not because he beat his wife. This one from Akure surely deserves inclusion in the GBR.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by redsun(m): 12:01am On Jun 11, 2010
Foolish fascination for money and woman can bring down the most toughest man like a deck of card.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by bibiking1(m): 12:27am On Jun 11, 2010
Some real monarch he turned out to be! Abeg the law suit should follow quickly jare
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by redsun(m): 12:39am On Jun 11, 2010
That guy has the look of an omota though,omo iya were,like shina rambo.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by otokx(m): 1:05am On Jun 11, 2010
Ondo state is more civilized than Zamfara where YERIMA still holds sway; that YERIMA ought to be banished into the sahara desert for a period not below 12 calendar months.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by googles: 1:55am On Jun 11, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Serves the frigging king right
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by mamagee3(f): 2:09am On Jun 11, 2010
Serves him right. . .I hope he rots in hell jail.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by bkbabe97: 6:10am On Jun 11, 2010
EzeUche:

Shut up Yoruba. Why must you always bring up Igbo this and Igbo that? A Yoruba with an identity crisis. I should have known you would be lurking around these parts.

Nigga, u keep running ur mouth cus black aszz, manly looking, FL Gators got u hyped up! oh, u now know how it feels, huh? Good! grin
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by bkbabe97: 6:11am On Jun 11, 2010
Cohomology:

Yoruba goat, comparing marrying a young woman (legal and moral) with incest (illegal and immoral)?

Must you bring up Igbo issues on Yoruba threads? Ewu!

And who the hell r u again? Exactly, now bizzounce!
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 11, 2010
see as the dudes prick has made him lose both ways the new wife go pick race sharp sharp - no for better for worse with trad rulers
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by hatch: 6:42am On Jun 11, 2010
The Remi Abiola involved in the Deji of Akure is not the same as the now late MKO Abiola.
The Remi Abiola that was married to MKO was an actress and she died last year.

I think the Oba has finally found what he was long looking for ! Its a shame he let power,fame and women get into his head.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained by chidichris(m): 7:04am On Jun 11, 2010

ok, u are talking about marriade when thomas okoya is still marrying or do u think abiola if he is still alive wld not gone into the guiness book of record in his marrying abilities?
wait till obasanjo dies and u will see how many wives he has. you guys can marry even while sleeping.
who is even sure abiola is not still marrying overthere.
we were thought in school that in this kind of circumstances, the council of elders will advise this deji to commit suicide so am surprised.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic / Daniel Sacks Aides For Refusing To Dump Pdp / Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.