Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel (25649 Views)

2023 Election: Fayose Mocks Tambuwal (Video). / Ekiti Election: Fayose Arrives Polling Booth, Casts His Vote (photos) / Ekiti Election: Fayose Orders Sit At Home, Offers Government House To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by damiloladuke: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2018
The road to the 2018 Ekiti election is already seeing politicians coming to the electorates with their promises of incentives to motivate them to cast their votes in their favor.

Late on Monday, July 9, 2018, the state's governor, Ayodele Fayose, took to his Twitter account (@GovAyoFayose) to reiterate an earlier promise to compensate residents of the state who are illegally arrested by the police or Department of State Services (DSS).

He posted:

"Henceforth, anyone that is arrested illegally by Fayemi and his rampaging Policemen and DSS on this election issue will get N50k for each night spent in detention."

The governor initially made the promise after he met with Aborisade Sunday, a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), who claimed that he was illegally detained by the DSS for five days.

"They detained me for five days. They put chain on my hands and legs. I cannot hear through my left ear now due to the beating I received from them," Sunday said.

The governor promised him the sum of 250,000, amounting to 50,000 a night, and further promised to reward other members of the PDP in DSS custody.

Fayemi gives free fuel to okada riders

In similar vein, candidate of the All Progressives' Congress (APC) in the July 14 election, Dr Kayode Fayemi, provided free five litres of fuel each to commercial motorcycle riders in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Monday.

According to a report by Vanguard, the supply was launched at Mobil Petrol Station along Ikere Road in Ajilosun with the riders forming long queues, many of them reportedly decorating their bikes with the posters of Fayemi.

Fayemi was reported to have showed up to the filling station at about 10:45 am to wild jubilation from the beneficiaries of his free fuel.

He told the riders that he doesn't plan to ban commercial motorcycle operations if elected, as alleged by the PDP, promising instead to provide more incentives including soft loans, equipment, as well as to provide good roads to aid their operations.

He also noted that during his first term as the state's governor, he gave the riders' unions N150,000 monthly allowance for logistics and running of their office, procured 280 motorcycles and 500 tricycles for them, and gave their union a brand new bus.

He said his administration also celebrated Okada Riders' Day and provided 3,000 free helmets for their use.

https://lailasnews.com/ekiti-election-fayose-promises-residents-n50000-fayemi-provides-free-fuel/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by veacea: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2018
Chei am seeing things oo oo oo oo oo. All this is just making fools of the electorates.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Administration1: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2018
hihi

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Elnino4ladies: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2018
Desperate fools

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Omeokachie: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2018
Hahahaha

You collected billions of naira from the government and only 5litre fuel is what you are giving them.

Is that how you are deploying the so-called "federal might"?

Abeg make we dey go jare.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by capatainrambo: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2018
Lol. which way nija

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by PointZerom: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2018
FRAUDyemi is an unrepentant fraudster. Take his free fuel and be cosumed by its inferno.

Cc Immhotep Lzza shalomc madridguy sarrki sarkin cilicmarine ngeneukwenu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by BlindAngel: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2018
Cat and Rat
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Baawaa(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Fayose is sick,what happened to your two sons let them come out and other lazy youths will follow them

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Authoreety: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Fear dem
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Senatorfm: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Lol.
Some people still don't believe that Fayose is drowning.
He was ruling Ekiti state like his immediate family affairs. I pity some outsiders here supporting him online because of heart attacks and depression
Every worker is aware of his dubious ways of life and deceit.
If not that of his guilty conscience, why forcing people not to embrace the opposition. This alone should convince those supporting him blindly that he has no much followers.

This election will prove that fayose has never won any election in ekiti without rigging effects from the federal, during obj, the father of election riggers, during GEJ, a soldier already gave reports on how they rigged and obanikoro has returned his share of the money for the rigging. This election a test of his political weight
Note this although some will not have sense to discern that pdp has failed in Ekiti before the election. He declared public holiday during pdp rally but stylishly declaring curfew when Apc is to have rally.
He mandate workers to attend pdp rally but warned them not to attend Apc rally and cagged cab drivers from working so that people would think Apc has no chance of winning. This is to deceive the online friends and sympathizers.
A lot of pdp supporters will have a lot of alcohol drinks come this weekend to suppress the effects of depression and sorrow over pdp loss in Ekiti gubernatorial election.

Anybody can quote me.

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by jchioma: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Money politics will always be the bane of Nigerian politics... stomach infrastructure.

Why can't these politicians perform meritoriously when they had the chance, so that their works would speak for them during electioneering?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by madridguy(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Electorate should stop collecting Greek gift from politician.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by SamAzing: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2018
So many peeps praying to be arrested right now. Lol. grin
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2018
wow...mumu people everywhere...
they take us for fools

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Henjor48(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by zeedof(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2018
Anyone that's is arrested...... imagine
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by kasimshafii: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2018
This man ehn
Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by skubido(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2018
Oboi nawa ooo,, if I dey Ekiti ehn, I go collect all their money, fuel. Wetin concern me.. Na dere headache b dat

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by kstyle2(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2018
Paying 50k but can't pay salaries. The people need to ask why these politicians always show up when it's time for elections but are never seen after assuming office.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Sj11: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2018
Ppl can never learn from their past mistakes,voting for Apc is like digging your own grave

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2018
Chaie we are finished in this country

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by simplyOJ(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2018
The citizen should collect all they give them & vote their conscience. Nigerian Politicians dancing makosa on citizens destiny since time immemorial.

Well on a lighter note, what the PDP officials in the State needs to do know is to look for security officials to slap & plead to locked up for days and collect Fayose's gift.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by yerokunphilips: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2018
All of them are the same ,but I want PDP to win to send a strong signal to PMB that he has failed and the people have started rejecting him and his party .The killing of innocent in too much ,the poverty level have increased ,rule of law ignored,to I am disappointed in this administration is an understatement .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2018
People should be more concerned about where these people are getting the money from! Best thing is to collect the money and fuel but still vote as your heart desires. No polithiefcian is worth breaking a sweat over in Nigeria.

I hope Fayemi loses though...he's just all grammar, posing and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by assavin: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2018
July 14th is almost here.....
Like for Fayose
Share for Fayemi

22 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by Owaincouncil: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2018
Wow. I need to slap one DSS officer now in order to get this money. I am damn broke

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by ThatCEO: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2018
One person PROMISED 50k; another PROVIDED free fuel.

Anybody who has half a brain should know who to vote for.

How does he intends to collate names of detainees? What is their fate if his candidate lose on Saturday? The reason why politicians rightly believe the masses are fools is because they fail to ask simple question.

I don't have any question for Fayemi, he didn't promise, he acted.

Na today these people dey promise, A'begi

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by PointZerom: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2018
Baawaa:
Fayose is sick,what happened to your two sons let them come out and other lazy youths will follow them

Shut up. Where's Yusuf Buhari?.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel by onatisi(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2018
kai , see politics . fayose is good ,
damiloladuke:
The road to the 2018 Ekiti election is already seeing politicians coming to the electorates with their promises of incentives to motivate them to cast their votes in their favor.

Late on Monday, July 9, 2018, the state's governor, Ayodele Fayose, took to his Twitter account (@GovAyoFayose) to reiterate an earlier promise to compensate residents of the state who are illegally arrested by the police or Department of State Services (DSS).

He posted:

The governor initially made the promise after he met with Aborisade Sunday, a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), who claimed that he was illegally detained by the DSS for five days.

"They detained me for five days. They put chain on my hands and legs. I cannot hear through my left ear now due to the beating I received from them," Sunday said.

The governor promised him the sum of 250,000, amounting to 50,000 a night, and further promised to reward other members of the PDP in DSS custody.

Fayemi gives free fuel to okada riders

In similar vein, candidate of the All Progressives' Congress (APC) in the July 14 election, Dr Kayode Fayemi, provided free five litres of fuel each to commercial motorcycle riders in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Monday.

According to a report by Vanguard, the supply was launched at Mobil Petrol Station along Ikere Road in Ajilosun with the riders forming long queues, many of them reportedly decorating their bikes with the posters of Fayemi.

Fayemi was reported to have showed up to the filling station at about 10:45 am to wild jubilation from the beneficiaries of his free fuel.

He told the riders that he doesn't plan to ban commercial motorcycle operations if elected, as alleged by the PDP, promising instead to provide more incentives including soft loans, equipment, as well as to provide good roads to aid their operations.

He also noted that during his first term as the state's governor, he gave the riders' unions N150,000 monthly allowance for logistics and running of their office, procured 280 motorcycles and 500 tricycles for them, and gave their union a brand new bus.

He said his administration also celebrated Okada Riders' Day and provided 3,000 free helmets for their use.

https://lailasnews.com/ekiti-election-fayose-promises-residents-n50000-fayemi-provides-free-fuel/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osamede Adun Defects To PDP, Curses APC 'Spies' That Would Return / Why Federal Government Should Take Over Obasanjo’s Presidential Library — Sagay / Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.