Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) (44847 Views)

My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid / Starting My Goat Farm / Beginning Of My Goat Farm(a-z) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
ideepaul:

the only challenge is having it in appreciable quantity for large scale farmwork
Well, it's mainly for people into subsistence farming.
Every household has this.

We have this bad goat that used to eat everything. Money usually miss in my house and fingers were pointed until we saw this bad mama goat chewing naira note. My mama refused to sell this thief of a goat because she always bear triplets. Can you imagine that? cheesy

U wash clothes and spread, she will feast on your clothes especially my mum's wrappers grin.
Very bad mama cheesy. Came back one time and she was gone. Mummy refused to tell me what made her sell that goat. Who knows, she did one she couldn't endure again.
Very big goat. Always bleating at the top of her voice cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

Well, it's mainly for people into subsistence farming.
Every household has this.

We have this bad goat that used to eat everything. Money usually miss in my house and fingers were pointed until we saw this bad mama goat chewing naira note. My mama refused to sell this thief of a goat because she always bear triplets. Can you imagine that? cheesy

U wash clothes and spread, she will feast on your clothes especially my mum's wrappers grin.
Very bad mama cheesy. Came back one time and she was gone. Mummy refused to tell me what made her sell that goat. Who knows, she did one she couldn't endure again.
Very big goat. Always bleating at the top of her voice cheesy

grin grin
That's my kind of goat. Na me for buy DAT goat wink

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
jidestroud:

grin grin
That's my kind of goat. Na me for buy DAT goat wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I noticed you have a poultry thread too and just added another yr to your life.
Happy birthday.

I pray your farm will grow to become a big farm in Nigeria and you will live long to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

3 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by IamAsiri: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Happy birthday to you sir. Long life and prosperity.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I noticed you have a poultry thread too and just added another yr to your life.
Happy birthday.

I pray your farm will grow to become a big farm in Nigeria and you will live long to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

Ameeeeeeen!!!
Wishing you same also. Great exploits to us all.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
IamAsiri:
Happy birthday to you sir. Long life and prosperity.

Thanks boss!!!
I'm honoured.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good News once again

Patra just kidded again this evening. A male & a female added to the family. cool

Honestly, I have to put a check to this unwanted pregnancies. Working towards 18 months spacing henceforth as advised. Nevertheless, congratulations once more to me.

Proposed Names:
Male = Covik
Female = Dorothy

4 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Wow... My goats needs to rest biko

Patra last kidded on the 3rd of January, 2020

Then,

Another one today, June 26th, 2020

That's barely how many months angry angry

These WADs are too promiscuous walahi... cry

3 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by obaaderemi: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
jidestroud:
Wow... My goats needs to rest biko

Patra last kidded on the 3rd of January, 2020

Then,

Another one today, June 26th, 2020

That's barely how many months angry angry

These WADs are too promiscuous walahi... cry
How much is a female goat now? Fairly grown.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
obaaderemi:
How much is a female goat now? Fairly grown.
It varies from location to location, and ofcos, breeds. You should be able to get a 3 - 4 month old WAD goat for 6/8k. (Sometimes cheaper if you are going to buy directly from rural communities).
I was at Alaba rago on Wednesday last week and saw a Sahel goat for 12k.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by obaaderemi: 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
jidestroud:

It varies from location to location, and ofcos, breeds. You should be able to get a 3 - 4 month old WAD goat for 6/8k. (Sometimes cheaper if you are going to buy directly from rural communities).
I was at Alaba rago on Wednesday last week and saw a Sahel goat for 12k.
Is this cheap?
Is it safe to buy sahel goats at the open market for breeding?
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by konews: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by adescopy(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2020
great thread
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2020
adescopy:
great thread
Thanks Baba!!!
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bn a while I updated this thread.

It's been good news & bad one coming from my goat farm. Bad news first;

I lost my 1 acre plantain plantation to my goats. Walahi, they leveled the place, stripped the whole leaves off each stand and prevented new ones from shooting out. grin grin grin . I have decided to kuku leave the portion of lands for them. Na me no kukuma use my brain before. undecided

The good news is that I was able to sell off 15 goats just between last week and today. I had to depopulate them urgently. Their population exploded biko, leaving me with fights separation every now and them between bucks, broken horns etc.

4 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Musty112: 6:38am On Aug 30, 2020
jidestroud:
Bn a while I updated this thread.

It's been good news & bad one coming from my goat farm. Bad news first;

I lost my 1 acre plantain plantation to my goats. Walahi, they leveled the place, stripped the whole leaves off each stand and prevented new ones from shooting out. grin grin grin . I have decided to kuku leave the portion of lands for them. Na me no kukuma use my brain before. undecided

The good news is that I was able to sell off 15 goats just between last week and today. I had to depopulate them urgently. Their population exploded biko, leaving me with fights separation every now and them between bucks, broken horns etc.

Well done bro. Please may I bother you on the prices and age of the animals when you sold them. Also, did you sell in bulk or one after the other.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Musty112:

Well done bro. Please may I bother you on the prices and age of the animals when you sold them. Also, did you sell in bulk or one after the other.
Most of the bulks went for price range between 19k to 16k (well over a year). The like bulks (over six months & castrated) sold for 10-12k depending on size. Two Does went for 12k (7months each)

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Musty112: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
Thank sir. This thread in addition to other things has inspired me to have my own goat farm. I intend to raise goats up to 50 pieces and sell off 20, raise the remaining 30 giant to make it it 50...rinse and repeat. My only concern is how to dispose off 10/20 goats at a go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
Great News

Exactly 5:28pm to 6:00pm, we made 3 more additions to the family. grin. Let the celebration begin... God bless you Hinata.

Can't wait to name them.

3 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Musty112: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Congrats boss. Kidding period is always exciting
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Musty112: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
Congrats boss. Kidding period is always exciting. 3 at a go, way to go :DCongrats boss. Kidding period is always exciting. 3 at a go, way to go
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
Musty112:
Congrats boss. Kidding period is always exciting. 3 at a go, way to go :DCongrats boss. Kidding period is always exciting. 3 at a go, way to go
Thanks boss. cool
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jp130(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
This specie is very productive o, their mother is your oil well

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2020
Happy Sunday Folks

Time to dispose off some goats. cheesy
I need to reduce them even further.

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jfking2005(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2020
jidestroud:
Happy Sunday Folks

How many are your goats now after selling off 15?
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
jfking2005:

How many are your goats now after selling off 15?
I"m going to be leaving just 2 females.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
A section of my plantain farm is almost gone cry. It sure won't survive the harmattan & my goats. Therefore, I am selling off the goats and only leaving 2 females behind.
Meanwhile, I will be setting up a proper goat housing farm for them and probably the introduction of rams.

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jfking2005(m): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
jidestroud:
A section of my plantain farm is almost gone cry. It sure won't survive the harmattan & my goats. Therefore, I am selling off the goats and only leaving 2 females behind.
Meanwhile, I will be setting up a proper goat housing farm for them and probably the introduction of rams.

i really like and appreciate your dedication and passion.
i will be looking out for that.
By the way, i wanted to also go into farming, but crop and livestock and i just acquire about 7 acres of arable farmland now somewhere in South west any advise from you? dont even know whats next sef! ...
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by akata1: 6:40am On Nov 09, 2020
am learning o
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by mexxy1(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2020
jidestroud:

Sorry for your loss. I think the mistake was letting them roam free range. The plantation area should have been cordoned off with a high wooden fence. Goats are very stubborn animals.

I have been following this thread to learn from you and, I am planning to try starting goat farming sometime next year hopefully.

Thank you for creating this and other threads.

I wish you the best as you restart.

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
mexxy1:

Sorry for your loss. I think the mistake was letting them roam free range. The plantation area should have been cordoned off with a high wooden fence. Goats are very stubborn animals.

I have been following this thread to learn from you and, I am planning to try starting goat farming sometime next year hopefully.

Thank you for creating this and other threads.

I wish you the best as you restart.

Thanks. And yea, so hopeful for next year.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by olaide68(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
jidestroud:
Happy Sunday Folks

I am interested, I want to buy.
Watshap me on 08169496284.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Someone Gave Us This Pig As Gift / Make A Living With Piggery Business / See How Herdsmen Destroyed Our Bee Hives(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.