Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,467 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria (16139 Views)

Arsenal Complete £17.2m Signing Of Sambi Lokonga / Lucas Torreira In Tears As Chelsea Win Europa League Final (Photos) / Arsenal Announce Signing Of Midfielder, Lucas Torreira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by tommykiwi(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
Arsenal have officially completed the signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria in a deal worth £26.4million, the club have confirmed. Torreira, 22, becomes Unai Emery’s fourth signing of the summer following the Gunners’ captures of Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus, Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen and Sokratis from Borussia Dortmund. Strengthening central midfield has been a priority for Emery ever since he replaced Arsene Wenger at the Emirates, especially after losing Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla, and Torreira emerged as the club’s top target.
The Uruguayan will wear the No. 11 shirt which was vacant after Mesut Ozil took Jack Wilshere’s No. 10.

He enjoyed a productive campaign for Sampdoria in Serie A, with his performances earning him a place in Uruguay’s squad for the World Cup in Russia, where he eventually nailed down a starting spot.

Despite agreeing a fee before the tournament started, Arsenal were keen to allow their new signing to focus exclusively on the World Cup so delayed a medical until Uruguay were eliminated. After defeat to France in the quarter finals, Torreira opted not to fly with the rest of his teammates back to Montevideo and instead jetted straight into London on Monday, passing a medical and penning terms.

Source.....https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/10/arsenal-complete-signing-uruguay-midfielder-lucas-torreira-26-4m-deal-7628712/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by dotcomnamename: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
I can never forget what this guy did to C.Ronaldo Portugal vs Uruguay? I'm sure if you mention Torreira to Cristiano Ronaldo he will avoid you for life. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Yomzzyblog: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by opeyehmmy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
A reason to smile again as a GUNNER!
Getting d biz done as early as possible and getting d needed players unlike d previous regime which was all about signing youngsters at this time and trying hard to get major deals over d line when d season starts proper. #GUNNER

35 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
I hope he adapts to the physicality of the premier league

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
opeyehmmy:
A reason to smile again as a GUNNER!
Getting d biz done as early as possible and getting d needed players unlike d previous regime which was all about signing youngsters at this time and trying hard to get major deals over d line when d season starts proper. #GUNNER

I wouldn't say this is a major deal even though I know he's a good player because I think he's not yet a proven one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by opeyehmmy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

I wouldn't say this is a major deal even though I know he's a good player because I think he's not yet a proven one

Yes, u are right and neither am i wrong. At 22 he still has a lot to prove.

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Aare2050(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Good one for arsenal.

My fellow Chelsea fans, which way are we going tonight.

Like for Kante, Giroud

Share for Hazard, coutois

You can as well check my signature grin

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Sirpaul(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
OYA NA
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Welcome on board.
Let's see what you can do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by royalamour(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Leno
Monreal
Sokratis
Mustafi
Bellerin
Torriera
Xhaza
Ozil
Mikitaryan
Lacazete
Aubameyang

Hmm.... Xhaka can now move forward to his right position.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by ybalogs(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
COYG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by MRBabaSuwe(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
REAL MADRID MINUS CR7 = BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB cry cry cry cry cry cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by ybalogs(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Seriously, too many players with almost same abilities. Who gets benched?
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by LazyNairalander(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Is this how they want to contend for epl? all I see is average here and there.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Obito555(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
I kw him he live behind our yard...He is a good player

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by GavelSlam: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2018
At the world cup he was decent.

Arsenal is beginning to have a formidable squad.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by ybalogs(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bellerin or Lecheinstener
Torrerra or Xhaka
Aubameyang or Lacazette?
Will Mkhy see playing time if Emery decides to go with three man midfield of Torrera-Ramsey-Xhaka? How will that affect our attacking game. Too many questions begging for answers.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by ybalogs(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
At the world cup he was decent.

Arsenal is beginning to have a formidable squad.
his performance at the WC is quite ok to get us dreaming again. Let's hope he gels in fast.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Welcome to Arsenal, do hope you make us proud.

COYG

GUNNER FOR LIFE

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Alva2018: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Arsenal mean business this season

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by McCobble(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Toreira aka "Terrier", aka "bulldog" aka "lion" Welcome to Arsenal FC.

#wearearsenal#

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by ybalogs(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
royalamour:
Leno
Monreal
Sokratis
Mustafi
Bellerin
Torriera
Xhaza
Ozil
Mikitaryan
Lacazete
Aubameyang

Hmm....
Where's Ramsey? Emery already earmarked him as a mainstay in that team.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by lilfreezy: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
North London is white
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by royalamour(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
ybalogs:
Where's Ramsey? Emery already earmarked him as a mainstay in that team.

Really? Our squad is beginning to be formidable.
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by GavelSlam: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
ybalogs:
Bellerin or Lecheinstener
Torrerra or Xhaka
Aubameyang or Lacazette?
Will Mkhy see playing time if Emery decides to go with three man midfield of Torrera-Ramsey-Xhaka? How will that affect our attacking game. Too many questions begging for answers.

Profusion of talent much better than dearth.

The season is long and gruelling.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by overall90: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
And why is nobody talking about CR7 move to Juve.
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Mikeross62: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
good
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by sprints1: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nairaland mods where una dey...Juventus has signed cristiano ronaldo who be torerrea abeg
Re: Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria by Tapout(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
I hope he adapts to the physicality of the premier league

physicality?? Hmm did u watch this guy at the world cup? sad He has A++++++ in physicality

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sweden Vs Switzerland: World Cup (1 - 0) On 3rd July 2018 / Brazil's Iconic Maracana Stadium To Be Renamed After Pele / Super Eagles Vs Peru (0 - 1) On Thursday May 24th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.