Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? (6191 Views)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:10am On Mar 27, 2007
what a woman can't do, can't be done.
That is just a slogan. We want to see what you are doing. wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2007
"what a woman can't do, can't be done."

IS THAT A NEW VERSION OF THAT SLOGAN? grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2007
Maybe dt came out this year cos not heard of it.LOL
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2007
If someone is barely interested in a subject, they are unlikely to make any meaningful contribution in debates on that subject.Women are rarely interested in politics and would not make any meaningful contributions to the politics section.

We are already plagued in the politics section by a deluge of inanity.We need to be spared of even more inanity
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2007
4Play, what's that thing that Muki likes to say to you? Thunder scatter your keyboard! angry

All these silly little boys. I tire sef! angry
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2007
Oya
Razor, Sweetchick, cute-ass, LadyT, ghettochyk
Go and mobilise more ladies to come to this thread and defend your course

Your own women emancipation starts here, afterall "what a woman cant do cant be done"  grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2007
LOL.U mean we shld have PDP on Nairaland.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by tijehi(f): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, what is prove it? is it not obvious that we are more intelligent?  should i start counting offices where men have failed to perform, yet women came and effected changes which helped to establishing standards in such offices. Over the years in this countries, our economic woes can all be credited to the mismanagement of public funds by men (all our so called president). Year in year out they come and blab how they are going to better our economic living condition, only to worsen it. what are you asking me to prove? is it the obvious? Women in positions in this country, have used their offices to better the lives of the people (including men o). I'm sure Dora Akunyili sneezes like one million times a day becuase of the accolades that is been poured on her everyday by the local and international community, Oby Ezekwesili, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Ndidi Okereke, Hauwa Audu, Cecilia Ibru, Nenade Usman etc. they are just too many. Please stop asking me to prove the obvious.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2007
if possible,

Razzor = Josephine Anenih = woman leader

grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2007
We're talking about the young women on Nairaland and not the handful of female politicians we have!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2007
Come to think of it, you guys should be realistic. How many women do we have on nairaland? Seun, please answer that. I bet there are more men than women here.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr:

Come to think of it, you guys should be realistic. How many women do we have on nairaland? Seun, please answer that. I bet there are more men than women here.

I guess the following variation will help calculate how many ladies we should havein politics

(X) / (Y) = (A) / (B)

Where x= total number of ladies in nairaland
y = total number of people in nairaland
a = total number of ladies who should patronise politics
b = total number of people who patronise politics

So when we work out the number of girls who should patronise politics (A) relative to the absolute value (X), we then compare it to the actual number of girls who actually patronise politics. Let say (A')
With that we will find the truth. which is (A' - A)

I bet you (A'-A) = -ve or a value less than zero.

I am simply enjoying myself grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2007
Yea. Seun, your response please. Talk true o. . . grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:54am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr:

According to www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-stats, there are 2.1 males for each female among registered members who have filled in their profiles.

I've also noticed that ladies tend not to indicate their sex in their profiles (I often have to do it for them). This may be because they don't want to be toasted or they are afraid that they won't be taken seriously.

Another interesting statistic: the most talkative members of the forum are ladies. They love offtopic posts a lot. wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by tijehi(f): 9:54am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr, Seun's response to what?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2007
Great! So we can say that for every 2 nairaland boys, there is a nairaland girl. So why do you guys expect so much from us. By the way, I disagree with that saying that women are more talkative. It's the other way round! grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by tijehi(f): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, Iam not getting you at all? so because we contribute to discuss on romance and games, we are not intelligent, and therefore cannot contribute to what you and your sex alike term "important" discuss. P-U-L-EEEEEEZ, get serious, you are begiinnig to sound chauvinistic?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2007
I disagree with that saying that women are more talkative. It's the other way round!
The twenty top posters on Nairaland are:
hot-angel (female), Rhodalyn (female), eveseh (female), Seun (admin), mukina2 (female),
nike4luv (female), Free (female), z4M4eva (female), diddy4 (male), jaybaby (female)

Consider your statement above disproven. Once ladies are able to register, they can't stop talking!!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by agnesoseka: 10:06am On Mar 27, 2007
Big Lie, Women of thesedays are no longer timid, watch out !!!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr:

Great! So we can say that for every 2 nairaland boys, there is a nairaland girl. So why do you guys expect so much from us.

At a 2 to 1 ratio,that means that means that at least 33%(1/3) of Nairalanders are female.It is fair to say that on the politics section,contributions by females are not more than 5%.Females are grossly underepresented in the politics section
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2007
That's a big fat lie. 5% ko 5% ni. angry
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2007
ok lets get serious

girlz what I simply expect you to argue is the fact that interests do actually vary and that is why every individual is unique in the first place.
If awareness of politics is synonmous to being inteligent then people who go on IQ test or quiz competitions will not be required to choose area of interest. Questions about politics will simply be put to them.
I know guys who dont do politics and I dont think they are dumb, interests do differ. For some it is outright sports, others Food and cookery, some computers, or entertainment etc.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2007
The first established male member to reply this thread is Big B1. His top forums are:
Politics, Racism/Tribalism/Sectarianism, and Travel.

The first established female member to post on this thread is j-girl. Her top forums are:
Dating & Meetup Zone, Forum Games, and Romance.

The second established female member to post on this is ghettochyk. Her top forums are:
Racism (surprise!), Forum Games (popular among girls), and General Discussion. She's a strange one!

Omo Eko's stats are more conventionally female:
Forum Games, Romance, Dating & Meetup zone.

Cute-ass is not different at all:
Forum Games, Romance, and Offtopic.

LadyT said, "You will find many of my posts in the political section". Her top forums are:
Racism (surprise!), Romance, Politics (surprise!). She's definitely an exception to the rule.

What about our very sharp and witty Razorr?
Sports (big surprise!!), Dating, Politics (surprise!).

My conclusion is that while most ladies on Nairaland are interested in Romance, Dating, Forum Games, and Offtopic posts, there are 2-3 ladies who are interested in Politics. And they can all be found on this thread!!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2007
From a wider perspective,if women continue to show disinterest in politics generally,it simply perpetuates male domination in society.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, wait a minute, I hope you are not insinuating that people who do not take serious interest in politics are not serious minded!

And why are you surprised when you see women interested in politics or sports? It's a pity that the women on nairaland are not that much interested in politics, but it doesn't say anything about our IQ.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 10:31am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, wait a minute, I hope you are not insinuating that people who do not take serious interest in politics are not serious minded!
Actually, this has nothing to do with IQ. I just want women to be more ambitious. To broaden their horizons.

From a wider perspective,if women continue to show disinterest in politics generally, it simply perpetuates male domination in society.
Exactly! It's a pity that very few Nigerian women have a problem with male dominance.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2007
Judging from the last 200,000 posts on Nairaland, there are only 3 females among the top 50 posters on the 'Politics' section: Omo Eko, LadyT, and Razorr! And they have all posted on this thread!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun:

Judging from the last 200,000 posts on Nairaland, there are only 2 females among the top 50 posters on the 'Politics' section: Omo Eko, LadyT, and Razorr! And they have all posted on this thread!

That is even less than the 5% figure I mentioned .

It is clear and undisputable that women,in general,are uninterested in politics.The reasons for this are unclear but such disinterest has great significance on gender equality or the lack of one
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by sweetchick(f): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2007
I agree that lots of ladies are not interested in politics probably because it is most times dirty and manipulative. However I think guys are interested cos politics is a source of power and power swells their often overblown and out-sized egos.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 11:11am On Mar 27, 2007
4Play, let me tell you why women seem uninterested in politics. It's because people like you are always surprised when women express interest in it or even in things like sports.

I would give you an example. I remember a time when you had a bust up with me and Mukina in the sports section after you told her to go to the kitchen(or something like that) when she made a post. Another example is when I made a comment in a thread in the Politics section recently and Loyika asked me to bounce my *ss off to the dating zone (albeit light heartedly). I didn't take much offence to this, but it underlined the fact that you guys see politics and such as a 'guy' thing and are often surprised when women express interest in it.

When you guys start to show more appreciation and respect for women who take interest in it, more women would be encouraged to come to this section.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr:

4Play, let me tell you why women seem uninterested in politics. It's because people like you are always surprised when women express interest in it or even in things like sports.

Yes,pleasantly surprised. The feeling of surprise in this regard is not essentialy wrong.

Razorr:

I would give you an example. I remember a time when you had a bust up with me and Mukina in the sports section after you told her to go to the kitchen(or something like that) when she made a post.

I made the comment to Muki on the basis that she is an Arsenal fan.Compared to the things I have told the male Arsenal fans,it is risible to take offence.Compared to what she has said to me over the past 10 months,which I ignored till then,she had no basis for complaint.

You can't be   making pejorative remarks for months and start complaining when  when you are given a taste of your own medicine claiming you are a "lady"?You should be prepared to receive as much you give in the politics and sports sections.

These sections tend to be characterised by passionate debates  and little allowances are made for ladies 'feelings'.In the words of the immortal Tony Hancock when asked to give up his seat for a woman-"Don't try that with me, Madam. You lot wanted equality: Well, you've got it. Now stand there and enjoy it." grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2007
Bla bla bla. . .

Like I said before, you guys should encourage women to participate in political discussions more. Respect the ones who do and don't make silly comments at women's post. We should be one big happy family after that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Military Getting More Advanced, A Must Watch. LOL / kwara politics / I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.