Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) (2192 Views)

China Releases Beautiful New Photos From The Surface Of Mars / UAE Creates Rain Using Drone Technology That Gives Cloud Electric Shock / A Chrome Extension For Spectranet Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by jattoade: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
Chinedu Daniel (@AustinSwaggz), one of Andela Nigeria's software developers just built a chrome extension that gives a beautiful new look to the @nairaland desktop website.

You can download the Chrome Extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/overhaul/kjdbdpkckfgllioaiflocedlaeilccfk?hl=en-GB&gl=001&authuser=1

Source Code can be found here: https://github.com/blueyedgeek/overhaul

Let's contribute to this project and get more people to feel happy using http://nairaland.com. Its a work in progress.

Wondering how it looks? Check this link:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhwEaXlXcAAujIw.jpg

#HumansOfAndela #TIA #OpenSource

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by madeofhuman(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Someone actually went and did the work. Nice!!
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by femipixels: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Fantastic
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by benfluleck: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
They won't put it on the front page unless the post contains a hot girl grin

@lalasticlala
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by madeofhuman(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
benfluleck:
They won't put it on the front page unless the post contains a hot girl grin

@lalasticlala

Plus I feel it goes against their whole keep-Nairaland-in-the-seventies policy.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by khalhokage(m): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
There's a good reason nairaland is the way it is.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
khalhokage:
There's a good reason nairaland is the way it is.

Please, enlighten us
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by khalhokage(m): 12:36am On Jul 11, 2018
mrAMG:

Please, enlighten us

Accessibility, nairaland has such a simple layout that almost any browser on any device can open it without issue.
It also makes sure the website has a fast load speed.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
khalhokage:

Accessibility, nairaland has such a simple layout that almost any browser on any device can open it without issue.

Yeah, you are right. However, the site can be better though.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by wane01(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2018
khalhokage:

Finally.. Someone sees something in the right direction !!
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by josh123(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2018
I prefer nairaland the old way,it is way faster and easy to navigate
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by whatagwan(m): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2018
I downloaded the extension but nothing changed when I reloaded nairaland.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by tangoalpharomeo: 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
khalhokage:

What a stupid reason �
If it was like that then Google.com, the most visited site in the world, would still look like it was 20 years old.

You don't understand how web development works so don't rub your ignorance in our faces.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by khalhokage(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2021
tangoalpharomeo:

What a stupid reason �
If it was like that then Google.com, the most visited site in the world, would still look like it was 20 years old.

You don't understand how web development works so don't rub your ignorance in our faces.

Goddamn! You are a bitter motherf*cker aren't you?

1st I made that comment in 2018, almost 4 years ago.

2nd, Google.com despite a few UI/UX changes over the years is still one of the simplest most basic looking webpages on the internet.

3rd F√CK off, I will not be replying you further, I have better use for my time.
Re: Chrome Extension That Gives Nairaland A Beautiful New Look(wip) by tangoalpharomeo: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
khalhokage:

Goddamn! You are a bitter motherf*cker aren't you?

1st I made that comment in 2018, almost 4 years ago.

2nd, Google.com despite a few UI/UX changes over the years is still one of the simplest most basic looking webpages on the internet.

3rd F√CK off, I will not be replying you further, I have better use for my time.

1. So what? Ignorance has to be addressed
2. Yes, I agree with you. But Google added a lot of features to their website which Nairaland doesn't have. An example of this would be suggestions when you're searching.
3. LoL

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Nigerian Student Builds Working Helicopter From Junks You Have To See This / Obs Engine Rta Vs Ammit Dual Coil Rta Vs Geekvape Ammit Rta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.