Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,853 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently (552 Views)

Adsensewahala Again Webmasters Help!!!! / Please Blogger/webmasters Help Me My Adsense Is So Low / Wordpress Theme Needed, Webmasters Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by Kingseyicoded(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
Goodday Webmasters,
I installed a mod to my smf forum and it affect my homepage and i thought its a minor thing, so i went on to my cpanel and delete the BoardIndex.php which later stopped from accessing my homepage.
Please what can i do, i need ur help. Thanks in advance.
Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by Compliant(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
Run repair_settings.php and problem should be solve

1 Like

Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by donqx: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
repair settings may not fix mod damage forum. smf is so stubborn.watch mods you install .some mods dont overide.they install twice and some can't even be installed if you don parse before installing.repair settings won't fix such.

I have worked for years with smf and I can confirm I have faced all smf issues except the ones that doesnt exist yet.

if repair doesn't fix your issue.there are 2 fix .first but hard remove the mod from all templates which it was written to.this will be hard for you because some mods write files to several templates.

second easy fix.go to packages backup folder download last mod installed before.before the one that damage your file.in package folder you will see before ,after..bla bla .after downloading.upload it to smf folder and extract it.chose replace or overwrite when prompted.your forum will go back to the stage it was before installing the corrupt mod without losing post.
Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by Kingseyicoded(m): 8:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Compliant:
Run repair_settings.php and problem should be solve
Are you sure it will work
Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by Kingseyicoded(m): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2018
donqx:
repair settings may not fix mod damage forum. smf is so stubborn.watch mods you install .some mods dont overide.they install twice and some can't even be installed if you don parse before installing.repair settings won't fix such.

I have worked for years with smf and I can confirm I have faced all smf issues except the ones that doesnt exist yet.

if repair doesn't fix your issue.there are 2 fix .first but hard remove the mod from all templates which it was written to.this will be hard for you because some mods write files to several templates.

second easy fix.go to packages backup folder download last mod installed before.before the one that damage your file.in package folder you will see before ,after..bla bla .after downloading.upload it to smf folder and extract it.chose replace or overwrite when prompted.your forum will go back to the stage it was before installing the corrupt mod without losing post.

Thanks
Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by Kingseyicoded(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2018
I have restore my forum's installation through the latest backup i did and it now working fine but some topics did delete.
So far so good, I thank you all for your contributions. May God Almighty reward you.
Re: My Forum Crashed! Webmasters Help Needed Urgently by WilliamSherman: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
O yes, it's really so soft opening. I landed on this page for the first time. Your engaging style is amazing and it's so impressive for essay writing service professionals as well. Thank you for posting.

(1) (Reply)

Bankalert Payment Proofs: Earn Weekly / I Need A Wordpress Plugin That Can Pop Up Featured Posts / Facebook Research Program Stops Android Users And Allows Iphone Users In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.