Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes (11454 Views)

I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos / 4 Facts That Might Make You Quit Swimming In Public Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by tunize(m): 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
Homeboiy:
Weed is better
Someone jst said help sir" and not complicate his predicament
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by omooba969(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

Mostly. Small girls with big God undecided

Which one be "small girl with big God", I've been seeing the expression lately. grin
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bro chew nicotine gums
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
badboyharmony:
Bro chew nicotine gums
you get exactly the same effect
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:
I’ve heard of people switching to vaping to help wean themselves off the nicotine. It isn’t better than quitting cold turkey but it’s a lot healthier and better than nothing
weed not tobacco

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
omooba969:

Which one be "small girl with big God", I've been seeing the expression lately. grin
Awon slayers ni yen. It's their new catchphrase to justify the means to their end
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
badboyharmony:

you get exactly the same effect
Where can I get one?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
badboyharmony:

weed not tobacco
Weaning off weed?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by N0favors: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

I'm a modest drinker. In the words of Kendrick Lamar "I'm a thinker not a drinker but still I Hennessy drag"

Mostly when I'm stressed out or simply when the craving is overwhelming

Lalasticlala help a brother

That's good! You can actually cut it down if you're determined

For me, it's harder because I drink (hard for me to drink without smoking), I'm always around people who smoke (which makes me feel like smoking) and it helps me ease stress and tension. If the above listed things are not involved, I could go days without smoking without feeling bad.

I've tried a million times quitting but I've returned a million and one times. Too bad. Lol. That's why I said it's a cross

I think the best thing to do in my own case is first, quit alcohol and avoid being around smokers. Both for me are almost as impossible as me quitting

What I try to do is cut it down. I've tried vap, it didn't work for me
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by N0favors: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:
I’ve heard of people switching to vaping to help wean themselves off the nicotine. It isn’t better than quitting cold turkey but it’s a lot healthier and better than nothing
lol vaping doesn't always help. Since I bought mine over a year a go, I haven't exhausted the bottle of apple flavour I bought with it. Infact I could count the numbers of time I used it before I switched back lol
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
N0favors:
lol vaping doesn't always help. Since I bought mine over a year a go, I haven't exhausted the bottle of apple flavour I bought with it. Infact I could count the numbers of time I used it before I switched back lol
Lol yeah didn’t think it would work for everyone but it’s still worth a try. How many cigarettes do you smoke a day on average?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
N0favors:

That's good! You can actually cut it down if you're determined

For me, it's harder because I drink (hard for me to drink without smoking), I'm always around people who smoke (which makes me feel like smoking) and it helps me ease stress and tension. If the above listed things are not involved, I could go days without smoking without feeling bad.

I've tried a million times quitting but I've returned a million and one times. Too bad. Lol. That's why I said it's a cross

I think the best thing to do in my own case is first, quit alcohol and avoid being around smokers. Both for me are almost as impossible as me quitting

What I try to do is cut it down. I've tried vap, it didn't work for me

I think I'm going to try the nicotine chewing gum. God help me
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:
Where can I get one?
jumia

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

yea try it bruh its safe
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by N0favors: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:

Lol yeah didn’t think it would work for everyone but it’s still worth a try. How many cigarettes do you smoke a day on average?
My smoking rate depends

When I'm at work, I 'hardly' smoke. Infact, I don't. When I'm home, I'm able to manage how much I smoke (except when I'm drinking indoor)

But when I'm out drinking, taking work or anything, I could become a chain smoker.

I'll say I smoke box of 20 for 3/2 days. It all depends
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by badboyharmony: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:
Weaning off weed?
just google it
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by N0favors: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

God help you bro

For me, I've accepted it as my cross lol grin
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
Am talkin from experience
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
N0favors:
My smoking rate depends

When I'm at work, I 'hardly' smoke. Infact, I don't. When I'm home, I'm able to manage how much I smoke (except when I'm drinking indoor)

But when I'm out drinking, taking work or anything, I could become a chain smoker.

I'll say I smoke box of 20 for 3/2 days. It all depends
Ok I see, good luck trying to kick the habit though
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by N0favors: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:

Ok I see, good luck trying to kick the habit though
grin grin grin
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
N0favors:
grin grin grin
Lol forreal, that was a genuine good luck smiley grin
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:
I smoked my first stick of cigarette precisely in SS2 in 2007. Since then, I have tried to quit more times than I can count. Even though I know the health hazards attached, I do it anyway. I tried electric cigarettes but still went back to the conventional tobacco sticks. There are times where I smoked probably more than a pack a day, and there were other times where I rarely smoked a month. I just want to drop this habit permanently.

How can this be achieved?

replace it wit another habit.

it will take time, but it works

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by AHCB: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:

Lmao I’ve only tried cigarettes like 2 or 3 times in my life just to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was horrible cheesy

which brand did you try?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by yemitexcel(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
ask yourself the reason for u taking it.... mind you people can only pity ur conditions but they can not bear ur pains.... you are highly responsible for the outcome of your life
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ladyF(f): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ikpongiton:
i know,your own is masturbation.but it's okay

Lol. No! Sorry to disappoint you...

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
AHCB:
which brand did you try?
Ibkayee please don't answer this question.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
Saff:
people have this misconception that you can’t be addicted to weed. But its real. If you have a dependency on anything, it’s an addiction. Weed addiction is probably worse because it messes you up mentally, cigarettes is more physical.

The only plus weed has, is just that it's more healthy, but as you pointed out it , it conditions your brain, and you get dependent on it.. it takes sheer will power tho

killuminati:
you know nothing, Lady Snow.. cry

Weed is a blessing. Weed need is my best friend..

If me nuh have ganja mi nuh happy cry

was once like you, until i started seeing the need to be happy without any enhancement. I mean why should i be miserable without marijuana?, it is nice i know, but why should a substance control my happiness. Think about it
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
AHCB:
which brand did you try?
Lol no idea, didn’t get the packet myself, got the individual cigarette from someone
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by ibkayee(f): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:

Ibkayee please don't answer this question.
Lol answered it before I saw your mention. Why?
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by DADYMIKE(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
If I may ask IS THERE SOMETHING IN YOUR MIND THAT DO BOTHER YOU AND YOU ARE BEEN CARRIED AWAY IN THINKING AND IN A BLINK OF AN EYE, YOU FIND YOURSELF SMOKING ?

if it is like that, you really need to get that things out of your mind, having a girlfriend is not the solution, it will only add another part to your problem..... without getting that off your mind, you can't be free from the problem and if you have problem in getting that out of your mind you need CHRIST, and I can show you how if you are interested it will really help you.,.Weed, girlfriend will not help.... BELIEVE ME
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
ibkayee:

Lol answered it before I saw your mention. Why?
He'd probably end up in salesman mode, trying to convince you his brand is best and that you should have tried that.
Re: Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes by eduminati(m): 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Earthbound:
I smoked my first stick of cigarette precisely in SS2 in 2007. Since then, I have tried to quit more times than I can count. Even though I know the health hazards attached, I do it anyway. I tried electric cigarettes but still went back to the conventional tobacco sticks. There are times where I smoked probably more than a pack a day, and there were other times where I rarely smoked a month. I just want to drop this habit permanently.

How can this be achieved?
I know how you feel. I started smoking same year after my SSCE and continued until I graduated from the University of Benin. I continued after my you'd service. I finally quit the habit last year November and till today, am yet to feel the urge to smoke.

Here's what I did and I hope it helps.

1. Avoid friends that smoke.
2. Avoid areas that gives you the urge to smoke. Places like clubs, bars, brothels, kparaga joints etc.
3. Look for a substitute addiction besides smoking but please don't turn to alcohol. Instead do stuffs like reading, zen meditation, fasting etc.
4. Cigarette addiction is caused by dopamine. I suggest you read about it.

kindly send me an email for more info memehchinedu@gmail.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edmark Products / Your Sexual Weakness Is Now Over! Homoforte Powder Is The Solution!!! / Proven Method To Cure Premature Ejaculation Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.