Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari (18580 Views)

Stamp Duty: Court Refuses To Restrain CBN From Disbursing ‘Trillions’ Deposited / See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by NickD(m): 4:43am On Jul 12, 2018
naijaguy123456:
If it does get to the needy poor it's fine , but this I doubt.
what will 5000 do for the poor as against setting up factories or training the poor to develop skills that will generate far and above that amount on the long run?
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 12, 2018
So peanuts are supposed to lift ppl out of poverty. Mtcheew, that's peanut mindset.

The only way to achieve that is to empower ppl, provide basic amenities, security and a conductive environment to incubate ideas.
Re: Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari by pacificom: 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
The so called poor Nigerians are folks you never noticed whenever you rides in your tinted glass, full AC luxurious jeep. At least you may have seen some kids hawking along third Midland bridge, and some voluntarily wiping your car windscreen inside traffic for peanuts. Why are we only complacent with the attitude of some influencial politicians who will come and steal billions of Naira into their personal account in buying treasures they will never use in a lifetime. Or those that simply abuse funds assigned for civil projects. Which way Nigeria!!! Lets think of the poor and the helpless among us, lets think of the consequences of the society where the gap keeps widening between the rich and the poor. Perhaps this is the time to change the outlook of the society by doing the right thing.

coolcharm:
It is only a stack illiterate who thinks that sharing free money is a way of lifting people out of poverty.

You see, when I first heard about this disbursement, I thought it was one of those classical jokes Nigerians are good at making, but alas, I was wrong.

There is a popular saying that, a man can't give what he does not have.

Buhari and his cohorts continue to affirm and confirm that they lack the knowledge, vision and ingredients to manage and lead this country.

Who are the poor in Nigeria that the government is talking about?

How where they identified, classified and documented?

What are they using the money for? Business? Feeding? Clothing

How much will these 'poor of the poorest' receive per individual or per head?

Where is the register of these poor people? At least for verification and confirmation by the public?

What is the number/statistics of these people by ward, local government, state, and geopolitical zone?

Etc. Etc. Etc!!!

A government that is looking for where to borrow trillions of Naira to support the national budget?

In a country where here is no power and other social amenities?

Nigerians are not poor dear, neither do they need handouts.. They deserve more than this insult.

Except there is a grand scheme to reloot that money, I see no reason why buhari and his people are hell bent on sharing it.

Let me save my energy and battery. My PVC and vote will do the rest in 2019.

Una Father!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Primaries: Osinbajo Has Majority Of Party Members On His Side – Ajulo / 2023: Bukola Saraki Meets Obasanjo / Dino Melaye Mocks APC, Ayetola And Tinubu As PDP Wins Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.