Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,064 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:16 AM

Arsenal Sign France U20 Star Matteo Guendouzi From Lorient - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Sign France U20 Star Matteo Guendouzi From Lorient (420 Views)

Matteo Voltolini Suspended For Having Sex In Nightclub Toilet / Meet Jayden Adetiba: Biography, Arsenal Sign 9-Year-Old Nigerian In South Africa / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign France U20 Star Matteo Guendouzi From Lorient by footballflaver: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
Arsenal have signed France under-20 midfielder Matteo Guendouzi from Lorient in a deal reportedly worth £7 million.

The club announced the signing on Wednesday, with Guendouzi reported to have signed a four-year deal.

Guendouzi, 19, is regarded as one of the most promising central midfielders in France and is viewed as a signing for the future at Arsenal, but head coach Unai Emery indicated that he expects Guendouzi to fight for a first-team place right away.

"We are delighted Matteo is joining us," Emery said in a statement. "He is a talented young player and a lot of clubs were interested in him. He has big potential and gained good first-team experience last season with Lorient. He wants to learn and improve and will be an important part of our first-team squad."

Guendouzi said he is "immensely proud" to join Arsenal and said he has wanted to play for the club since he was a child.

"My hope is to become a top player here at Arsenal," he said. "A lot of great players have played here. I want to become part of the club's history and to achieve great things here.

"I want to win titles, titles, titles. I want to establish myself here, which would be amazing. Winning silverware, as I said, is very important to me and winning things here at Arsenal would be incredible."

Guendouzi broke into the Lorient side in the 2016-17 season, when he made nine Ligue 1 appearances, and he made 20 appearances last season.

He is known for his vision and passing ability as a deeper-lyinying playmaker but also has the pace and ball control to drive forward as a box-to-box player.

His arrival at the Emirates comes after Arsenal missed out on another top French prospect in Yacine Adli, who chose to remain at Paris Saint-Germain.

He is Arsenal's fifth signing of the summer after a deal for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira was completed on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Arsenal have also signed another talented teenage prospect to their academy in 16-year-old striker Sam Greenwood.

The former Sunderland player posted a photo on Instagram signing his deal, writing that "today is the start of a new chapter in my life."

see more photos and make your comments at
www.footballflaver..com/2018/07/arsenal-sign-france-u20-star-matteo.html?m=1

Re: Arsenal Sign France U20 Star Matteo Guendouzi From Lorient by footballflaver: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Arsenal Sign France U20 Star Matteo Guendouzi From Lorient by NOC1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
said he is "immensely proud" to join Arsenal and said he has wanted to play for the club since he was a child.

Tell me a new signed player who is not or have not wanted to play for the club since he was a child.
Old line

(1) (Reply)

Croatian Firefighters Celebrates Goal Before Responding To Emergency Duty / Cristiano Ronaldo Dreams Of Sixth Champions League Triumph With Juventus / New Football Comedy 2018 Funny Football Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.