Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos (46279 Views)

Nafisa Yusuf Laila: Missing Bride In Kaduna (Photo) / Photos Of The 17-Year-Old Bride Killed By Jealous Wife In Kano (Graphic Pix) / Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by jaxxy(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2018
post=69293722:
Blessing Uduoye was there to speak with us amidst smiles and laughter; according to her, she is 18 years old and that’s the information she presented to her pastor

END OF DISCUSSION

Bt a gal of such age shud never be married without her parents consent. Its very wrong on many levels. She cud hv easily been manipulated or misled.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2018
imo igbos are often very shocking for prik and t0t0 matter.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by wingmanII: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2018
somehow:
Show me pictures of northern marriages with 9-14 years bride in question.
Start with one of your ex governors and senators, Yerima. Google Yerima and his then 13 yrs old Egyptian bride.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by delishpot: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2018
MDsambo:

Not just kids, We marry sperm

if it were possible they would do it too. So long as the sperm is female and father gives his consent.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2018
jaxxy:

Bt a gal of such age shud never be married without her parents consent. Its very wrong on many levels. She cud hv easily been manipulated or misled.
You have some good points there too.
Everything is somehow about the whole wedding

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by romenna: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2018
modafuka wants to be fccking tight pussy
after vandalizing other ladies kitten.
rogue

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by osomegbe(m): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2018
Sometimes I laugh when some people say she is too young to get married and because of that it is not God ordained. Show me one part of your bible that mentioned the age women should get married. 1kgs1:1-5 talked about a young virgin sort for King David to warm him. A young virgin. Age was not mentioned.
And lastly, why would Almighty God give you something He doesn't want you to use. Not the V-gina this time but made he woman to see her flow that is suppose to show she is ripe for having children and man is saying it is not God's will. I don't serve a confused God but men are confusing the whole thing. If God doesn't want it, He will not make her get her flow.
I served in the north and I tell you my brother, as far back as 2002, guys are doing acrobatics with 12-13 years old girls and some are so wide to take 2 guys at same time. We can prostitute with them but not to marry them?
Hmm naija.
Ishilove:

This man is at least 38
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Toks2008(m): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2018
If she is truly 18 and he is 33 then i see no big deal. 15years gap is good enough and i see the guy loving the lady like his own kid sister..nah this kind affair dey make sense IN MOST CASES.BTW my dad was 16 years ahead of my mum and he loved her till death.

just like me getting married to a 25year old lady..nothing spoil.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Abagworo(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2018
She's not 18 yet as her birthday is September. You brainwashed her with fake religion into abandoning her people.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by calculator123(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2018
Here is a thread where the brother the bride disowned the Man as his inlaw https://www.nairaland.com/4610286/forbid-in-law-till-eternity-de

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2018
Manipulation. Subterfuge . Deception. Surreptitious Brainwashing. Male Chauvinism. Religion.

A single thread runs through all.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2018
Kanu Nwankwo did the same when he was 32 and married a 18 year old girl so why all the noise. Then Nigerians put pressure on him to get married
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by toprealman: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2018
Any family without AT LEAST one STAND UP guy is in a big mess. That fat fool should be hiding by now and not this cringeworthy drama if he picked a sister to a STAND UP guy.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by pradoic(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2018
hmmm
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by MENELIK11: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2018
chicoMX:

Even skull mining?

Nobody does is better than "Clifford Orji"

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by somehow: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2018
wingmanII:

Start with one of your ex governors and senators, Yerima. Google Yerima and his then 13 yrs old Egyptian bride.

So its no longer 9-14 norther brides, it's now 13 years old egyptian bride?

What if i expose you again with the actual age of the egyptian bride?
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by mbfarmer(m): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2018
They would have spread d news all over d world
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by itswell1: 9:11am On Jul 12, 2018
Shame on igbo people , this same people will insult hausa people for under marriage but look at what them the so called sophisticated pigs from the east are doing

1 Like

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by lastmaster(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2018
gentlegenius:
The man is 33 and the girl is 17.
33 - 17 = 16.
As far as I am concerned, marrying a girl that is 16 years younger than you is not a problem at all. Such age difference is normal in some cases due to the way God created some of us.
In my family for example, men naturally look younger than their real age. If I tell anyone to guess my age, they will say I am 26, but in reality, I am 32. If you see my father, you'll think he's 65, but actually, he's 74. My father married my mum who was 17 years younger than him, but if you see them together, you'll think their age difference is just 5 years. I already have a girl I am planning to marry. She just turned 17 last month. But I am not in a hurry to marry her now. I must develop her first, and perhaps marry her when she turns 20.
As for the couple in this story and those pics above, I am only concerned about two things...
1. At 17, that man should be more interested in developing her instead of marrying her, except he had plans to develop her after marriage, which still seem awkward to me.
2. Before marrying someone with 16 years age difference, both of them should have considered their looks.
From what I can see in those pictures, their looks tells a different story to their age. The man claims to be 33, but he is already looking like he's 40. The girl claimed to be 18, but she's looking like a 15 year old. I wonder what the couple will look like in the next 8 years. Maybe that man had a different agenda for marrying her, who knows.

To those who condemn this marriage due to the wide age difference, pls stop criticising their age difference because that is not the problem. The two issues I raised above is the problem, not age difference.
shattap there.That man above 33yrs.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by wingmanII: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2018
somehow:

So its no longer 9-14 norther brides, it's now 13 years old egyptian bride?

What if i expose you again with the actual age of the egyptian bride?
If you can't comprehend simple sentences, then I wonder. My post said brides now you're claiming it said northern brides? Go read it again.
You can go ahead and expose your self, after all you re the girls mother.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by zinizta: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2018
if she is 18 she has legally attained adulthood and therefore can marry... how is this news?
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by oyetpel(m): 9:36am On Jul 12, 2018
gentlegenius:
The man is 33 and the girl is 17.
33 - 17 = 16.
As far as I am concerned, marrying a girl that is 16 years younger than you is not a problem at all. Such age difference is normal in some cases due to the way God created some of us.
In my family for example, men naturally look younger than their real age. If I tell anyone to guess my age, they will say I am 26, but in reality, I am 32. If you see my father, you'll think he's 65, but actually, he's 74. My father married my mum who was 17 years younger than him, but if you see them together, you'll think their age difference is just 5 years. I already have a girl I am planning to marry. She just turned 17 last month. But I am not in a hurry to marry her now. I must develop her first, and perhaps marry her when she turns 20.
As for the couple in this story and those pics above, I am only concerned about two things...
1. At 17, that man should be more interested in developing her instead of marrying her, except he had plans to develop her after marriage, which still seem awkward to me.
2. Before marrying someone with 16 years age difference, both of them should have considered their looks.
From what I can see in those pictures, their looks tells a different story to their age. The man claims to be 33, but he is already looking like he's 40. The girl claimed to be 18, but she's looking like a 15 year old. I wonder what the couple will look like in the next 8 years. Maybe that man had a different agenda for marrying her, who knows.

To those who condemn this marriage due to the wide age difference, pls stop criticising their age difference because that is not the problem. The two issues I raised above is the problem, not age difference.

We are of the same mindset.

I plan to develop a girl too, so that when she's 20,21 i will marry her
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by zinizta: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2018
bigsmoke2:
When kanu did it. it was cool and admirable.abeg leave the man grin

thank you oh... what was Kanu's real age when he got married who can tell double standards... if that man was rich nobody will complain
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:40am On Jul 12, 2018
So this ancestor is claiming to be 33 years, issokay
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by zinizta: 9:43am On Jul 12, 2018
oh my bad it was done without her parents consent....

very wrong of the church to support that wrong...
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by tintingz(m): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2018
The marriageable age in Nigeria Constitution is not generally fixed, it varies in each state but we all know 18 is the well known marriageable age in most states.

In U.S some states marriageable age is 14 and above as long as there's consent involve while 18 is the legalized age for marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by tbliss22(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2018
This is funny thou..... I'm thinking this girl's parent owe the man some money just may be the reason why they sold their daughter grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh my God!! She's so young..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

Really funny....
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by somehow: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2018
wingmanII:

If you can't comprehend simple sentences, then I wonder. My post said brides now you're claiming it said northern brides? Go read it again.
You can go ahead and expose your self, after all you re the girls mother.

So an Egyptian bride is now what you can use as an example of northerners in this story? You're trying to be clever by half. Not need getting aggressive, it's a sign of someone with low intelligence and with no superior argument.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Where are the yeye people that do abuse Northerners and Islam? If I should start abusing Christianity and Igbo people for this underage marriage, how would you feel. Well, I won't do that since I respect other people's religion. Hypocrisy of most Nigerian Christians and Igbo people on Nairaland should stop.
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by gentlegenius(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2018
oyetpel:

We are of the same mindset.

I plan to develop a girl too, so that when she's 20,21 i will marry her
My nigga...
Re: Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:03am On Jul 12, 2018
tintingz:
The marriageable age in Nigeria Constitution is not generally fixed, it varies in each state but we all know 18 is the well known marriageable age in most states.

In U.S some states marriageable age is 14 and above as long as there's consent involve while 18 is the legalized age for marriage.
You are right. A lot of people don't know this. In America, the age of consent in some states 14/15, a girl can start having sex at age 14/15, she can get married at that age also if her parents accept it. Not only in America but many parts of the world. A lot people need to read in Nigeria. Many educated-illiterate are on this platform (Nairaland).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / Kano Police Burst Notorious Criminal Syndicate Led By A Female Ex-Convict (Pix) / Gunmen Invade Bishop David Oyedepo’s Church, Abduct embers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.