Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Endearment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Endearment (444 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endearment by row2ray(m): 12:48am On Jul 12, 2018
Is it right to use endearments with a woman who is married
Personally i think its inappropriate
For example hi dear
Re: Endearment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:53am On Jul 12, 2018
It is INAPPROPRIATE!
Re: Endearment by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Your relationship with her determines the use of words !!
Re: Endearment by ImaIma1(f): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2018
As long as you are close to the married woman, i see nothing wrong.

People just misuse endorsements...even using it for people they don't know.

A customer at work that i had never met before called me "darling" and i told her "my name is ......"
Re: Endearment by MISEDUCATIONS: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2018
depends on the society you're in.
e.g in Zimbabwe endearments are unheard-of but in SA a cashier can call you "sweetie". now if you're new in SA you'll get the wrong idea. but endearments like "baby" "sweetie" are common in SA society that even between strangers they wont even raise one eye-brow.
Re: Endearment by babyfaceafrica: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2018
wrong!!!.. she has a name..use it!!!
Re: Endearment by bukatyne(f): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
depends on the society you're in.
e.g in Zimbabwe endearments are unheard-of but in SA a cashier can call you "sweetie". now if you're new in SA you'll get the wrong idea. but endearments like "baby" "sweetie" are common in SA society that even between strangers they wont even raise one eye-brow.

You've said it all!

In Nigeria, 'my dear' is a general term to call someone's attention while 'my friend' is used in a degoratory manner. E.g. 'My friend, would you keep quiet?'

We also use 'uncle, aunty, daddy, mummy' for people we are not related to depending on the relationship, age and position.

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Your Sanity When The Kids Come / Girl Pictured Hanging On Motorbike, Gets Help / Bizzare: I Love Satan,i Worship Him , A Young Man "Confesses "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.