Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (35292 Views)

I’m In Love With Two Men, Don’t Know Which One To Marry – Lady Cries Out / Lady Poisons Herself & Her Ex-Boyfriend To Death A Week To His Wedding In Imo / Man Set To Marry Lady He Met On Instagram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by HeWrites(m): 4:45am On Jul 12, 2018
Facebook user, Seun Obajolu took to her page to share sad news of a single lady who poisoned herself due to parental pressure to get married. She didn't indicate if the lady died.

According to her, the lady was over 40 and had a Master's Degree.

She wrote;
'I am upset and emotional! Just heard of a single sis above 40 who poisoned herself due to parental pressure. She had a Master’s Degree�'

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/40-year-old-woman-poisons-herself-due-to-parental-pressure-to-get-married-lady.html

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by HeWrites(m): 4:45am On Jul 12, 2018
undecided

She had a Degree but not sense.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:45am On Jul 12, 2018
Too bad for her.
She is living her life for others.
You can still be happy being single till the right man comes......one that won't batter you to death in an impromptu marriage!

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by ladyF(f): 4:55am On Jul 12, 2018
Hope her parents are happy now...

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by adorablepepple(f): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2018
When you ignore people who give you negative vibes, life becomes better and beautiful. She should have ignored and stay away from them. People who got married for a wrong reason are getting burnt daily mtcheeew....

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Quality20(m): 5:50am On Jul 12, 2018
even at 50 a lady can still get married n enjoy. all d benefits of marriage

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by okachie1(m): 6:14am On Jul 12, 2018
This is so so sad! Smh shocked
I seriously think dis menace is only prevalent in Africa where people still think ur social worth is enhanced when u gets married besides the fact that We Africans because of the failures of our various national governments to provide Us with the social welfare sees children as an insurance for old age.

Perhaps, people tends to look down on individuals who haven't gotten married as a less serious person. More so, let me shock you guys here that by the time We got our independence from the British in 1960 Nigeria's population was the same with them now looking back you can see that we have tripled our population to theirs in less than a century which clearly indicates the fact that We equates sex and marriage over pursuing the real things that matter in life like self-development,research,etc. Most people shouting go and marry does it out of jealousy and strife because they sometimes/most times always looks for something to de-shine you having seen u radiating happiness. Africa need to learn!

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by sarahade(f): 6:41am On Jul 12, 2018
A fool at 40 is a ........

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:43am On Jul 12, 2018
sarahade:
A fool at 40 is a ........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by ehinmowo: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2018
D pressure on d female folks concerning conjugal matters are nerve wrecking. It is further compounded by bad economy (most guys are not financially ready for commitment and most girls dnt hv d time to wait in hope).

If I was a female, I wud hv probably exploded by now...cnt imagine adding marriage pressure to all these issues in my mind.

Finally, I think ladies should begin to stay alone like guys do. Dt cud reduce parental pressure.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by delugajackson: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2018
Marriage has become a social norm. Society expects you to get married, and to do so before the age of 30(sometimes even younger depending on what culture you're from).

But let's try to be logical here. What if she actually turned down numerous men during her bloomy days? We know how much these women look down on men especially when they're not up to their "class" and "standards."

But they forget that at the end of the day, they're the ones that need the marriage more. It's what these crazy feminists do. I know they will come for my head, but the truth has to be told.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2018
Wrong move, It has to be said. You shouldn't live your life to please others..

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by midehi2(f): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2018
She is a ...... make i no talk, rubbish

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:07am On Jul 12, 2018
Only cowards commit suicide! That said, marriage is not for everyone. Just like religion, it should be a personal thing.

That you are not married yet, does not make you less of a human being. Marriage is good, but it is not a solve all or be all thing.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by oglalasioux(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Marriage is a trap. Don't get snared for life because of 'what will people say'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by thesicilian: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Yet women will want us to believe that they can do without us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by IamAirforce1: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
What was she doing till she clocked over 40

Small girl with big god?

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Jethrolite(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
What's the importance of mentioning she had a degree?

Half story so I can't say anything.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Some parents sha
Am jst 23 nd mum is already hinting on marriage
Me dat still want to enjoy my singlehood till am 28
Who marriage help?

10 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Wonders shall never end, Who do her parents want to marry her ?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by emeijeh(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2018
HeWrites:
She didn't indicate if the lady died.

According to her, the lady was over 40 and had a Master's Degree.

What is there to indicate again, when she used the word HAD.

she don kpai na!
Some parents sef cry

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Sijo01(f): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Why will she let such pressure get to her. develop thick skin to such pressure and engage in activities that makes you happy.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2018
angry
Why did she not mary wen it was ha time

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by DJMCOTTY(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Na even dem say sef? Mtchew!!!!

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Dammylois(f): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
ladyF:
Hope her parents are happy now...
as in eh.... The way we train abi na advice younger ones in this country is enough to cause depression

4 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by ghostfacekillar(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
ehinmowo:
D pressure on d female folks concerning conjugal matters are nerve wrecking. It is further compounded by bad economy (most guys are not financially ready for commitment and most girls dnt hv d time to wait in hope).

If I was a female, I wud hv probably exploded by now...cnt imagine adding marriage pressure to all these issues in my mind.

Finally, I think ladies should begin to stay alone like guys do. Dt cud reduce parental pressure.
some of our problem is dat men who are of age and wealthy instead of marrying women with little age difference. They tends to marry teenagers of eighteen and nineteen with that their stupid notion that women grow old faster than men. Nonsense. Like the fireman man in his thirties marrying someone that is eighteen while there are women in their mid twenties and late twenties

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Sharpshooota: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
African culture is flawed

This can't happen in the west
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by millionboi2: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
is a pity
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:
can you advise your beloved brother to marry a woman of 40 years ?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by oglalasioux(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

We are in 2018 not 1818. Women even older than 50 can have children. Though I'm not in support of anyone having children in that scam called marriage.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by PearlStreet(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Foolish woman. I hope she gets an husband in the order side.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos With 'Private Property' Tag / Things Every Girl Should Know About Her Fiance Before Marriage / I Just Broke Up With My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.