Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement (8064 Views)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Please Nairaland is wher we learn.
Am a businessman and I have learn many business secret here from Nairaland

Can pple who undastand, explain the importance of d Continental Free Trade Agreement.

Does.it mean DAT Africa is nw visa free for Africans?
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

And oda business gurus.likeTonyebarcanista
,Gavelslam,Amarabae or dominique pls help so dat we can key in on d benefit.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2018
9japrof cum n help pls
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by DJMCOTTY(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2018
Wait make I piss, I dey come

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Ikem11(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
No it means that goods made in african countries is free to enter african countries without duty fees or hindrance. You still need visa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by MVLOX(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
make I danda for here dey wait d ansa
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by ninocia18(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Even me sef abeg....

P. S: @mod with this kind of attitude, you will go far. The humility to ask questions. Kudos bro. I just learnt something from you today.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by prince4pro2: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Waiting for them grin
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by dermmy(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Continental free trade will boost the dr*g trade of the hard working tribe in Nigeria. grin na joke o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by lilfreezy: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
Duty free thats all.

I just realized it will spell doom for Nigeria. France use the francophone countries as their dumping ground for French made products. Since Nigeria has the consumer population, we will be expecting enough products with French label on them flooding our market. IMO this trade benefits France alone more than it benefits any African country undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Walexybobo(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
Abeg go ask bubu jare. abi na me wan sign d agreement?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by declaro(m): 10:15am On Jul 12, 2018
I'm also interested to know
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2018
undecided now if u wan ur post reach front page u need to hail lalaticlala or wetin u dey call the guy self lasticlala, my post has never reached front page nd it was so interesting than dis. Shara to my guys ATIGOS baba Thiago dey greet you all
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Originalsly: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2018
Hmmm.....why would you even think free trade may mean visa free?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2018
Nigeria is not signatory to the Agreement... so why bother ?

Nigeria is forming boss for the rest of Africa grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by ITbomb(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2018
Nigeria is afraid of signing it because of fear of dumping but I tell you, this is the right time cos in the near future (post-Buhari ie), other African countries would be afraid of Nigerian products flooding their country

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by zuchyblink(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2018
Exactly the thread I have been waiting for
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
Will this Government ever sign any agreement that will benefit the mass?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by chieyine(m): 10:25am On Jul 12, 2018
The importance of free trade zone
Lower costs for imported raw materials and intermediate inputs increases competitiveness of downstream producers and promotes the generation of regional value chains. Trade liberalisation also allows firms to access a large continental market and gain from economies of scale.

In the long run, increased competitive pressures may improve firm efficiency. However, market consolidation may arise when smaller firms are exposed to stiffer competition.

But is it to our benefit
No
We are still a consumer nation, we will just become dumping ground for more powerful african countries like south Africa, french goods will fill our marketplace, our population contributing to the dumpinģ stuff
Nigeria needs to get things right before signing such agreement
One of which is Constant Electricity
Reduction in corrupt practices so that hardworking Nigerians can see the reward for their labour
And access to credit facilities.
Then and there you will discover that Nigerian youths aint lazy and the free trade agreement will be to our benefit

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Sunnycliff(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2018
It will make the Barrier to import and export of made in Africa goods evident in quotas and excise duties removed.

Beyond the confines of your national economy you have a wider and larger market. However it's only African nations that are export driven that can maximize in this trade agreement.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by krestup: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2018
ok
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by lastempero: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2018
We will be at the receiving end because outside crude oil n some pockets of agricultural produce we are not exporting any damn thing.
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Ebuka6841(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2018
I guess u are mistake child
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by naijareferee: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2018
I think macrons visit has paid off eventually. This was same agreement bubu refused to sign in Kigali. In fact he refused to even attend the occasion. But all the same, French products are by far better than Chinese products.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by DabFrankNG: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2018
Ok o. Another one-sided agreement.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2018
So we can na go 2 southafrica wtout visa
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Please Nairaland is wher we learn.
Am a businessman and I have learn many business secret here from Nairaland

Can pple who undastand, explain the importance of d Continental Free Trade Agreement.

Does.it mean DAT Africa is nw visa free for Africans?
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

And oda business gurus.likeTonyebarcanista
,Gavelslam,Amarabae or dominique pls help so dat we can key in on d benefit.

Do you know the meaning of business guru?

How is amarabae a business guru?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2018
Hanseel1:

Do you know the meaning of business guru?

How is amarabae a business guru?

is not ur bizness.
Afonja hater.
Amarabae husband hv a big shop in Onitsha.U r just a hater

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by BreakupNigeria: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2018
Igbos should take advantage of it. Already, we are dominating the supply, distribution, business and trade across SSA. So, in the coming months, I expect Aba textiles, clothing and leather works like shirts, suits, trousers, boxers, bedspreads, pants, shoes, bags, belts etc as well as motor vehicles and parts like Innoson, break pads, batteries, wipers etc from Nnewi to flood other parts of SSA. This shouldn't be difficult for Igbos since they are already on ground in most markets of virtually all the countries in SSA, so they can easily make Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi their hub for both locally manufactured goods and imported ones and from these cities export to the rest of Africa. Also, Dangote stands to gain a lot since he can now easily move his cement from say Ethiopia, Senegal, Nigeria etc to other parts of Africa without paying any extra charge (I'm even thinking that Dangote's personal interest may be the reason why buhari is now accepting it). On the other hand, Lagos and Ogun industrial region will lose out seriously because with our notoriously poor power supply and lack of good infrastructure, many of the multinational corporations that forms bulk of the industries in that area will start shifting their factories to more conducive places like Ghana, Senegal, Gabon, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda etc while ultimately sending the finished goods to Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Yankee101: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Buy and sell easily with little restrictions in terms of tariffs. This is a trade agreement which eventually leads to ease of travel too. But e never reach visa free stage. Countries scared of dumping or wanting to protect their local market/industries will be skeptical. Like Naija and S.A. were.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by tellodds: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2018
Buhari speaking on the AFCFTA yesterday -

“I am a slow reader, maybe because I was an ex-soldier. I didn’t read it fast enough before my officials saw that it was all right for signature. I kept it on my table. I will soon sign it.”

https://af.reuters.com/article/africaTech/idAFL8N1U75C6
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2018
How many start ups are able to scale outside their Own countries talk more outside Africa. This is one of the importance of free trade. It makes adoption of products and services easier. There is nothing wrong in DSTv as a South African company to have the highest market share in other countries but there is something wrong if GLO cannot go to South Africa and do business just like MTN is doing. There is nothing wrong bringing cars from South African plants into Nigeria since they have a functional plant there instead of importing second hand. Imagine if Young graduates in Nigeria can get car loans from voltron or BMW South Africa? These are just a few advantages.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement by pocohantas(f): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nice initiative, but I don't see Nigeria benefiting much from it.

We consume way more than we produce/export.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN / How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC / Make Millions From Paint Production In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.