Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland (5121 Views)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by deathwing(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2018
I went to the Taxify inspection grounds yesterday with a friend, and while waiting around for the inspectors to get to us, heard a low rumble that seemed to come from the sky. Looking to my right, I was immediately dazzled by this beauty. It is the beefiest looking car I have ever seen. On questioning someone nearby, he said the Porsche, which has the MANSORY badge in about two dozen places, was owned by Obafemi Martins. I was compelled to believe because the thinly veiled plate number started with OBA...something.

A quick internet search told me that car cost $350,000 (starting price). I could only imagine how much it cost to clear this at our ports.

Some more on the car. I have never seen carbon fibre except on youtube, but I think this Porsche has more carbon fibre than I will ever see. grin grin grin

Everything was accented with carbon fibre. The side skirts are pure carbon fibre. The hood was completely underlined with the material too. I was wowed. The tyres were the widest I'd ever seen too. The windows were heavily tinted but when I tried to look in, i saw an interior accented with chrome and carbon fibre. I managed to take these pictures from afar because I didn't want to look too poor ogling somebody's car.

I had no idea what that car was doing in that exposed place though. I forgot to ask -_-

Addendum : My Lord, you guys need to hear that exhaust note. It's growl was a marriage between a thunder's rumble and a lion's roar. Apparently, this mighty beast is 800horses!

Poverty is a crime sha. And a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by sultaan(m): 2:01am On Jul 13, 2018
Porshe plus tree shade mechanic is equal to wink
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by RZArecta2(m): 2:12am On Jul 13, 2018
Does Obagoal intend using this his moto for taxify ? I don't want to believe say the moto spoil and that vicinity is where his trusted mechanic works from
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 13, 2018
It has finished for that Porsche. Totally.

Isn't there a Porsche factory shop in Lagos?
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by deathwing(m): 5:42am On Jul 13, 2018
RZArecta2:
Does Obagoal intend using this his moto for taxify ? I don't want to believe say the moto spoil and that vicinity is where his trusted mechanic works from

Obagoal. That was the number. Thanks.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by CarGuideNG: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2018
cheesy
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
It has finished for that Porsche. Totally.

Isn't there a Porsche factory shop in Lagos?
It doesn't cost anything to fix that car. With the right tools and the service factory manual anyone with an engineering background can do it. It's not rocket science.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

It doesn't cost anything to fix that car. With the right tools and the service factory manual anyone with an engineering background can do it. It's not rocket science.

Keep fooling yourself with that nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thats the truth even on more complex machines like ships and airplanes factory manuals are followed to the core. It includes the factory recommended procedure for repairs and the torque specifications of bolts. I am on a popular mechanic forum owned by humble mechanic one of most popular mechanic YouTube channels out there and he has admitted countless times that he uses factory manuals for most of his jobs alongside Ericthecarguy. If you are quite familiar with tesla forums, there is a guy known as rich rebuilds. He first got into cars with the tesla and with no previous car experience was able to rebuild a flooded tesla with just the repair manuals. What of the other guy who was quite popular a while back that rebuilt an R63 AMG engine after his dealership charged him 57000 dollars to replace the engine. I still hold true to my words, with the factory manual and the right tools anyone with a basic engineering knowledge can fix that car. It's not rocket science.

7 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Ahah, they can fix it na. Kazeem style. Every repair results in three more. Hail hydra

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2018
oyb:

Ahah, they can fix it na. Kazeem style. Every repair results in three more. Hail hydra

Even the dealerships use the manuals which any Tom dick and Harry can access

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/freeworkshops/

By basic engineering knowledge, I mean having extended knowledge of workshop tools and ability to read and understand wiring diagrams which any first year engineering student can do undecided
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2018
https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=GVOPricing&lk=ELSE#

You can access the manuals here but it cost above 2000 euros for a yearly subscription. It's expensive but then again it's a porsche. Older porsche repair manuals can be gotten off eBay.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=GVOPricing&lk=ELSE#

You can access the manuals here but it cost above 2000 euros for a yearly subscription. It's expensive but then again it's a porsche. Older porsche repair manuals can be gotten off eBay.

Your ability to read a manual. Is no guarantee of your actual technical competence. How many actual documented hours do you have working on porsche vehicles? Or you actually expect a person to entrust a 350,000 vehicle to you based on your reading the manual? May as well let people who have read the manual fly planes full of people.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2018
oyb:

Your ability to read a manual. Is no guarantee of your actual technical competence. How many actual documented hours do you have working on porsche vehicles? Or you actually expect a person to entrust a 350,000 vehicle to you based on your reading the manual? May as well let people who have read the manual fly planes full of people.
The manuals are also used by the same dealerships. Repairing planes and flying them are two different things. Airline mechanics are only taught the basics of aeroplane engines and all the jobs they do are same as on the manuals. It's also the same thing with ships. I did marine engineering and I have done my internship on a ship as well as a speedboat yard and the manual repairs are followed to the core. Pages related to the repairs are printed out before any job is done. Failure to do so will spell grave consequences. Lastly, you actually have to be technical to even understand the manuals. You don't expect someone who has no science or engineering background to understand wiring diagrams properly or tighten bolts to the required torque specifications.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The manuals are also used by the same dealerships. Repairing planes and flying them are two different things. Airline mechanics are only taught the basics of aeroplane engines and all the jobs they do are same as on the manuals. It's also the same thing with ships. I did marine engineering and I have done my internship on a ship as well as a speedboat yard and the manual repairs are followed to the core. Pages related to the repairs are printed out before any job is done. Failure to do so will spell grave consequences. Lastly, you actually have to be technical to even understand the manuals. You don't expect someone who has no science or engineering background to understand wiring diagrams properly or tighten bolts to the required torque specifications.

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately there is no one with a porsche for you to test this hypothesis on. Or would you trust your vehicle to an earnest neophyte who has read the manual?
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2018
oyb:

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately there is no one with a porsche for you to test this hypothesis on. Or would you trust your vehicle to an earnest neophyte who has read the manual?
It's the same neophytes who work at the dealerships too. They ask you to sit down and wait while they print the manuals and tinker with it grin grin. These are cars men and not rockets or ships or airplanes undecided. When I start driving exotic cars, I would do my repairs myself. I would rather invest the money to pay for repairs at the dealerships on manual subscriptions and getting the required tools. How many mechanics at those big name dealerships in Nigeria can even read wiring diagrams see? How many mechanics here use a torque wrench? I rather fix my car myself cheesy. They fit even pour 20w50 inside then fix filter upside down and knock down the engine all in the name of "dealership"

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Thats the truth.

Yawwwnnnnn....

Like I said before, keep fooling yourself with that nonsense.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Yawwwnnnnn....

Like I said before, keep fooling yourself with that nonsense.
Your opinions.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Your opinions.

Of course it’s my opinion. I typed it didn’t I?

It’s interesting to see that no one else on here agrees with your wild fantasies.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by asamwababy: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Guys do not under estimate the dude fixing that porsche because of the enviroment.

There is a company here in Nigeria which imported over 300 units of a particular french vehicles.

The vehicle runs on bio gas and after several weeks it runs into limp mode.

Several guys were called from other french speaking countries to help out but no luck..

Until a competent dude with this kind of workshop in the background was called and he did the magic.

The white guy made a statement to his colleague (if this fool can fix this car then why cant we) just because he is black with no ultramodern workshop.

The guy is smiling to the bank and getting those vehicles out of limp mode for 50k each every quarter.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by deathwing(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hahahahaha. This is strangely hilarious to me. I can almost taste the uncertainty coming from people viewing this thread.
They don't know whether to argue with tensazangetsu20 or not grin grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
deathwing:
Hahahahaha. This is strangely hilarious to me. I can almost taste the uncertainty coming from people viewing this thread.
They don't know whether to argue with tensazangetsu20 or not grin grin grin grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Of course it’s my opinion. I typed it didn’t I?

It’s interesting to see that no one else on here agrees with your wild fantasies.

There are just 3 commenters on the thread so undecided. I hold on to my opinion. Peace.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by lilkech(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
so somebody can’t build something and drop a step by step manual on how a novice could fix it again undecided

some people ain’t learning impaired. I believe with the right tools, the correct manual, the technical ‘know-how’ surrounding electronics and mechanics and then some actual time and effort anyone can work on any machine

there’s no argument in this
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

There are just 3 commenters on the thread so undecided. I hold on to my opinion. Peace.

You'll have to do just that. People on here are pretty grounded and don't lend themselves to flights of fancy.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by sultaan(m): 6:08am On Jul 14, 2018
asamwababy:
Guys do not under estimate the dude fixing that porsche because of the enviroment.

There is a company here in Nigeria which imported over 300 units of a particular french vehicles.

The vehicle runs on bio gas and after several weeks it runs into limp mode.

Several guys were called from other french speaking countries to help out but no luck..

Until a competent dude with this kind of workshop in the background was called and he did the magic.

The white guy made a statement to his colleague (if this fool can fix this car then why cant we) just because he is black with no ultramodern workshop.

The guy is smiling to the bank and getting those vehicles out of limp mode for 50k each every quarter.

Why will anyone believe that story

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Inception(m): 6:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 14, 2018
Inception:

I agree with him.

Take a look at most 'gurus' on this forum( Ikenna351, and especially kashif) and you will see that he has said the truth.

Good for you.

I don’t consider anyone a guru on Nairaland.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2018
sultaan:

Why will anyone believe that story

You’ll be shocked that it’ll be lapped up by certain quarters.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoTechNG: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2018
Some of us not only read manuals....we also undergo manufacturer education...the dealerships in Nigeria don't even necessarily employ on the shop floor guys with certificates to back up their automotive repair skills...they go for cheap labor...it is the foreman who has the certificates, the shop floor boys don't.

I align myself with the opinion that the place does not dictate the quality of the mind

How many times have dealerships called local experts behind the scenes to solve problems for them?

Those who know know.

I have heard a story of a guy who fixes GM cars in Abuja that GM knows about because of his doing all the above, taking factory training, and by the way, he is not working at a dealership

Nigeria is not America where they insist on ASE entry level certification to work at the dealership
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by erico2k2(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Thats the truth even on more complex machines like ships and airplanes factory manuals are followed to the core. It includes the factory recommended procedure for repairs and the torque specifications of bolts. I am on a popular mechanic forum owned by humble mechanic one of most popular mechanic YouTube channels out there and he has admitted countless times that he uses factory manuals for most of his jobs alongside Ericthecarguy. If you are quite familiar with tesla forums, there is a guy known as rich rebuilds. He first got into cars with the tesla and with no previous car experience was able to rebuild a flooded tesla with just the repair manuals. What of the other guy who was quite popular a while back that rebuilt an R63 AMG engine after his dealership charged him 57000 dollars to replace the engine. I still hold true to my words, with the factory manual and the right tools anyone with a basic engineering knowledge can fix that car. It's not rocket science.
you are not far from the truth, the thing is 40% of Nigerians who are mechanic cant read nor write, about 70% don't want to upgrade and improve themselves, they stick to the old ways (Caborator Era) why about 60% just cant be bothered to upgrade and get the right tools for the Modern day cars.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Jul 14, 2018
AutoTechNG:
Some of us not only read manuals....we also undergo manufacturer education...the dealerships in Nigeria don't even necessarily employ on the shop floor guys with certificates to back up their automotive repair skills...they go for cheap labor...it is the foreman who has the certificates, the shop floor boys don't.

I align myself with the opinion that the place does not dictate the quality of the mind

How many times have dealerships called local experts behind the scenes to solve problems for them?

Those who know know.

I have heard a story of a guy who fixes GM cars in Abuja that GM knows about because of his doing all the above, taking factory training, and by the way, he is not working at a dealership

Nigeria is not America where they insist on ASE entry level certification to work at the dealership
Like you said, who know knows, that guy in question might be one of them few Nigerians who depend on the internet for knowledge. He trains himself to fix complex problems. Car mechanics is not rocket science, they are basic ideas one can master and become a pro even self thought.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lexus Es300 Vs Lexus Es330 / Do You Know Ikobo CARS Kaduna Or A Scammer? / Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.