Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career (1420 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career / I Urgently Need A Wordpress Developer / I Started My Career As A Data Analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Timexj33rd: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
Morning everybody, I'm a little bit confuse right now, I just finish service and my uncle as me what I want to do, I told him I want to learn programming and web development, I don't know if that's a wise choice or I should go into business, the wise people of Nairaland please advice me.
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
Timexj33rd:
Morning everybody, I'm a little bit confuse right now, I just finish service and my uncle as me what I want to do, I told him I want to learn programming and web development, I don't know if that's a wise choice or I should go into business, the wise people of Nairaland please advice me.

All 3 are the same, Business in Programming, Same language different environment, e.g Java, Python and JavaScript. Read and research a lot always analyze the market environment. some languages work here in Nigerian context some don't
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by DonPikko: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
pcguru1:

All 3 are the same, Business in Programming, Same language different environment, e.g Java, Python and JavaScript. Read and research a lot always analyze the market environment. some languages work here in Nigerian context some don't
mentor your boi is loyal
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Timexj33rd: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
pcguru1:

thanks sir, which programming language works in Nigeria and which is the best to learn
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
Timexj33rd:

thanks sir, which programming language works in Nigeria and which is the best to learn

My honest advice if you 2ant to be front-end and employable easily Master JavaScript

If you want to have a good job and work in top company know Java or .NET but mostly Java

If you are looking to do freelance jobs and build website for quick jobs and fast projects learn PHP

If you are looking to master this craft and really interested in programming for programming sake like me, read alot of theoretical stuff like Computer Science, Data structure, Algorithm, how the is works, and mostly low level stuff this will make you self yourself as a generalist when you build solutions for any platform and environment. I prefer this method because it will set you apart never stop reading. Those 3 up are the most used in Nigeria market especially JavaScript. Theoretical aspect matters alot too such knowledge will help especially when debuting or solving problems.

2 Likes

Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by EKPETI(m): 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Anywhere someone can learn these skills in WARRI?
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Timexj33rd: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
pcguru1:

My honest advice if you 2ant to be front-end and employable easily Master JavaScript

If you want to have a good job and work in top company know Java or .NET but mostly Java

If you are looking to do freelance jobs and build website for quick jobs and fast projects learn PHP

If you are looking to master this craft and really interested in programming for programming sake like me, read alot of theoretical stuff like Computer Science, Data structure, Algorithm, how the is works, and mostly low level stuff this will make you self yourself as a generalist when you build solutions for any platform and environment. I prefer this method because it will set you apart never stop reading. Those 3 up are the most used in Nigeria market especially JavaScript. Theoretical aspect matters alot too such knowledge will help especially when debuting or solving problems.
I don't know how well I can thank you, I understand better now thanks once again
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by portableamy(f): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2018
pcguru1:

Please is there any institute that all this Can be learnt perfectly well in Lagos
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2018
portableamy:
Please is there any institute that all this Can be learnt perfectly well in Lagos
My 1000000000% honest advice don't do that, do a self learn everything they teach could be outdated or even getting outdated after you learn, there are so many sites you can use and learn on your own, during my time in Aptech I only spent money I didn't spend my time there , there was nothing they could teach me that I could find for myself online plus I was technically way more advanced my classmates. Building projects for pple self, self learn is the key, give me today I will post all the links you need.

Links as promised:

Advanced
https://github.com/ossu/computer-science // Why is this important, unless you want to be a framework developer you will be limited, this will expand your knowledge you don't have to finish everything just ensure you read them consistently
https://teachyourselfcs.com/ // Still on CS
https://learn.saylor.org/course/cs301 // I like understanding Low level stuff because i started with C++ despite still not good at it, but it makes me understand memory and how your code are compiled and translated to the CPU to execute.

Programming
https://www.sololearn.com/

Other more experienced and good devs than me will share more, we have good guys here, the key is always learn, no one is the best we keep learning and improving.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by brandable: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
pcguru1:

My 1000000000% honest advice don't do that, do a self learn everything they teach could be outdated or even getting outdated after you learn, there are so many sites you can use and learn on your own, during my time in Aptech I only spent money I didn't mlspend my time there , there was nothing they could teach me that I could find for myself online plus I was technically way more advanced my classmates. Building projects for pple self, self learn is the key, give me today I will post all the links you need.
Thanks very much. We will be very grateful for the needed link on how to proceed especially for this bold part
pcguru1:

Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by olujinmisamson1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
pcguru1:

My 1000000000% honest advice don't do that, do a self learn everything they teach could be outdated or even getting outdated after you learn, there are so many sites you can use and learn on your own, during my time in Aptech I only spent money I didn't mlspend my time there , there was nothing they could teach me that I could find for myself online plus I was technically way more advanced my classmates. Building projects
for pple self, self learn is the key, give me today I will post all the links you need.
Pls I don't mind too... If u can post those sites to our email I will appreciate site..olujinmisamson@gmail.com
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Timexj33rd: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2018
pcguru1:

My 1000000000% honest advice don't do that, do a self learn everything they teach could be outdated or even getting outdated after you learn, there are so many sites you can use and learn on your own, during my time in Aptech I only spent money I didn't mlspend my time there , there was nothing they could teach me that I could find for myself online plus I was technically way more advanced my classmates. Building projects for pple self, self learn is the key, give me today I will post all the links you need.

Links as promised:

Advanced
https://github.com/ossu/computer-science // Why is this important, unless you want to be a framework developer you will be limited, this will expand your knowledge you don't have to finish everything just ensure you read them consistently
https://teachyourselfcs.com/ // Still on CS
https://learn.saylor.org/course/cs301 // I like understanding Low level stuff because i started with C++ despite still not good at it, but it makes me understand memory and how your code are compiled and translated to the CPU to execute.

Programming
https://www.sololearn.com/

please sir, this is my mail timexj33rd@gmail.com any info that can help me is welcome, thanks in advance

Other more experienced and good devs than me will share more, we have good guys here, the key is always learn, no one is the best we keep learning and improving.
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Timexj33rd: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2018
pcguru1:

my mail timexj33rd@gmail.com please you can give me your number so I can chat you up
Re: I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2018
Timexj33rd:

my mail timexj33rd@gmail.com please you can give me your number so I can chat you up
Sent

(1) (Reply)

Backend Devs How Do You Advertise Your Skills? / Who Wants To Make A 3D Game? / Best For Web Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.