Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) (35273 Views)

3rd Mainland Bridge Is Now Fully Open (See Photos) / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) / Third Mainland Bridge Is Locked Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ITbomb(m): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Almost everyone stopped reading where they said N400m lol

3 Likes

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by donb06: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
Offpoint:
N400 millions is too small for a bridge, how will a bridge of N400 millions last? Nigeria Government should learn how to pump out money into projects please... we are not running out of oil any soon. N25 billion for such a bridge is not too much.

They should budget at least $500 billion for the 2nd Niger Bridge so that it can last us at least 10 years.
you really cracked my ribs.... grin grin
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
BestDude:
how can you say the cost is not the problem? Do you know how much would be saved to maintain that bridge if it had transparency with lesser figure, cos u know it is not up to 100M, let alone 400M...

When you condone such wastage, just know you are also a problem of Nigeria.

Most likely the maintainace is part of the cost as all PPP projects in lagos have always been structured. Maybe this egbon contractor no get bar to enter site.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Lomprico2: 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
justtoodark:

the cost is not the problem....maintenance is the problem.....blacks alwas had this mentality.....

E b like say u get cut from d money. angry

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by BestDude: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
shinechinedu:
400 million naira? WTF is wrong with us? And to think that this whole 14,000 capacity stadium below built by the management of Delta state polytechnic ozoro was built from start to finish with just a little over 600 million naira... This country sha.. but wait o.. AutoJoshNG where did you get that figure from.. I need to verify it please
good question. We need to ask where he got the figures from but knowing the amount of millions used to construct a website by same fash, we can't dispute that.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Alexrayz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
Esejojo:

I even learnt that the new pedestrian bridge at Berger bus stop along Lagos-Ibadan expressway costs around N15 billion.

Mr where is ur proof u hear u hear na so una take dey spread lie full everywhere if u have no proof keep it to ur self and stop spreading allegations everywhere if u do pls do show
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Reebby: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
Offpoint:
N400 millions is too small for a bridge, how will a bridge of N400 millions last? Nigeria Government should learn how to pump out money into projects please... we are not running out of oil any soon. N25 billion for such a bridge is not too much.

They should budget at least $500 billion for the 2nd Niger Bridge so that it can last us at least 10 years.
Offpoint as your moniker his. If you spend such on a foot bridge, then no amount can build a vehicle bridge.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
Lomprico2:

E b like say u get cut from d money. angry

how.....??....dont get angry because of that....is not that you can change how it is anyways.....its not easy to change the mentality of a ol people that easily.....anger brings achieves nothing.....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Reebby:
Offpoint as your moniker his. If you spend such on a foot bridge, then no amount can build a vehicle bridge.
Cry me a river. Nothing stops you running to Alausa to register your anger. You wasting your time and talent on NL.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Hardamz(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
Offpoint:

Your Name Don End All Arguments. 25 billion ke.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
no matter how much una throw into it,it will always end in ruins....its your mentality.....

i studid how black people build things....they build and forget throuhout history...its nothing new....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by adeoluphilips: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
Same as the pedestrian bridge in Anthony...Opposite Newcastle Hotels...not up to a year and the roof has gone
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
Offpoint:

which oil are you talking about....?...oil that is not even 20% of nigerias gdp....?
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ojobek: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
justtoodark:

the cost is not the problem....maintenance is the problem.....blacks alwas had this mentality.....
Senior thief ,cost is not important you say?

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by megafaraday(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Without looking at the pictures at first, you would think the damage being described is a structural one, that which eats deep into the root of the structure, alas upon reading further, I saw pictures of the blown up roof of the bridge. The roof could have been blown off by a heavy windstorm, they could have been vandalized.
And you can't just throw figures at us and claim that is the cost of completing the bridge, give us an evidence to support your claim.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
ojobek:
Senior thief ,cost is not important you say?

in your case no....no matter how much you put into it,it will always end in shambles.....tell me,how many things you renovated since 1980,then we can discuss......
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by akinszz: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
maybe 400m for all the foot bridges along that axis...
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Imustreturn(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
Esejojo:

I even learnt that the new pedestrian bridge at Berger bus stop along Lagos-Ibadan expressway costs around N15 billion.

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2018
as i said....maintenance is una problem....how many of una was thinking on renovation when opening this thread...?...

i bet none of una....that bridge is over a year old and none of una had the sligtest idea that it would need renovation....

things decay,you see.....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Mohambashi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
If d bridge is dismantling let them call on Fasola or to investigate him with huge amount spent on d bridge running to billions its no ten years yet and its already spoiling up.Too bad
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
Mohambashi:
If d bridge is dismantling let them call on Fasola or to investigate him with huge amount spent on d bridge running to billions its no ten years yet and its already spoiling up.Too bad

thats not an excuss....things start decaying after weeks.....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Oga, contractor no go chop? Same your type will shout praise the lord in church when a member gives a testimony saying he won a government contract. Too many I holy pass you. So if it was you that won the 400m contract you will return it that it is too much right?
yes I will return it because am not corrupt.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by ademoladeji(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
This is the Ilasamaja pedestrian bridge. It is situated at Sadiku bus-stop at Ilasamaja on the Oshodi- Apapa expressway in Lagos state.

The bridge was constructed and commissioned in 2013 by the Babatunde Fashola Administration.

This pedestrian bridge was built as a replacement for an earlier existing one that had dangerously degraded.

The length of the bridge is about 100 meters. The construction firm of Messrs P.W. Nig. Ltd. constructed it. It cost the Lagos state government N400 million to construct it.

This bridge – commissioned with a good measure of fanfare 5 years ago – is fast disintegrating in installments.

For instance, about a year, a portion of the roof, placed as a shelter on the bridge, dismantled, ostensibly by the elements of nature. Ever since it happened, and contrary to expectations, the authorities have failed to get it replaced.

Sadly, things like this further lends credence to the growing impression that our government embark on projects with absolutely no plan to maintain them.

https://autojosh.com/ilasamaja-bridge-is-dismantling-see-photo/

I'm beginning to see your blog as misleading.

Pardon my thought bro but it's very unfair to post such report without full details.

To begin with, why can't you give us the full details of the project which has it's contract sum to be 400m Naira. I bet the sum would cover the preliminaries as per tendering processes, consultation, design, construction, monitoring and control, Auxiliaries like traffic diversions n securities.

5% retention might have been paid to the contractor after 6 months completion without defect.

However, the issue with deterioration might be linked to differences between the incumbent Gov n his Predecessor. This is in relation to maintenance culture of our system.

By the way, your pictures only show wind blown roofing but not a structural failure or defect of the same pedestrian bridge.

Try do more on investigative journalism so as not to defame.

2 Likes

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by deboysben(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
frowland:

Oga, contractor no go chop? Same your type will shout praise the lord in church when a member gives a testimony saying he won a government contract. Too many I holy pass you. So if it was you that won the 400m contract you will return it that it is too much right?
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Revolva(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
shame ...but they can do someting asap
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by NoToPile: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dismantling is a wrong choice of word I was thinking it was vibrating, cracking or something else besides I am almost certain that it's Nigerians that remove the roof at night.

Same thing that happened to the streetlights along Lasu iyanaba road between iba express- bridge and obadore they even sawed one off simply because that side is always lonely no homes around there.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria o jare.

1 Like

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
ademoladeji:

Pardon my thought bro but it's very unfair to post such report without full details.

To begin with, why can't you give us the full details of the project which has it's contract sum to be 400m Naira. I bet the sum would cover the preliminaries as per tendering processes, consultation, design, construction, monitoring and control, Auxiliaries like traffic diversions n securities.

5% retention might have been paid to the contractor after 6 months completion without defect.

However, the issue with deterioration might be linked to differences between the incumbent Gov n his Predecessor. This is in relation to maintenance culture of our system.

By the way, your pictures only show wind blown roofing but not a structural failure or defect of the same pedestrian bridge.

exactly...its the usual blame game that we love so much.....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Temptee101(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
So this thing cost 400 million? It shall never be well with our leaders both past and present

Criminals
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
NoToPile:
Dismantling is a wrong choice of word I was thinking it was vibrating, cracking or something else besides I am almost certain that it's Nigerians that remove the roof at night.

Same thing that happened to the streetlights along Lasu iyanaba road between iba express- bridge and obadore they even sawed one off simply because that side is always lonely no homes around there.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria o jare.

true talk...we destroy things ourselves too....
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by frowland(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
deboysben:
Well I know an answer like this will pop up. Most have not even bidded for a contract in their life. What do they know.
Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Esejojo: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
ademoladeji:

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, explained that government is constrained to construct pedestrian bridges over major highways in the state to solve problems of traffic snarl on Lagos roads.

In keeping with the philosophy, he said the state government has awarded the contract for the replacement of the failed pedestrian bridge at Ilasamaja on the Oshodi- Apapa expressway to Messrs P.W. Nig. Ltd.

LEADERSHIP checks revealed that skeletal work has already begun on the project which in recent times, constituted a serious problem to pedestrians. With the failed structure already pulled down, the project which is to gulp about N400 million will be completed in four months.

http://www.osundefender.com/providing-pedestrian-bridges-to-save-lives-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) by Mambox: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
shinechinedu:
400 million naira? WTF is wrong with us? And to think that this whole 14,000 capacity stadium below built by the management of Delta state polytechnic ozoro was built from start to finish with just a little over 600 million naira... This country sha.. but wait o.. AutoJoshNG where did you get that figure from.. I need to verify it please

I dont believe that figure going by the average value of projects carried out by Fashola. But then, Lagos runs a very opaque system of accountability. It's terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 U.S Army Helicopters Crash Within 48 Hours, Killing Soldiers (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.