Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu (36083 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are The Most Unprofessional Soldiers In The World –senator Aba / Umahi: Anyim Pius Is The Leader Of IPOB In Ebonyi & Senator Egwu Is Their Member / Biafra : "I’ll Go Anywhere I Want In The World" - Senator Abaribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by bsani(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by hammer6F: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
BUHARI WANT TO RETURN AND CONTINUE HIS EVIL REGIME.

WE WILL RATHER PREFER A STATE BURIAL THAN FOR BUHARI TO CONTINUE AS PRESIDENT.
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Rickyuzzy(f): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
hammer6F:
BUHARI WANT TO RETURN AND CONTINUE HIS EVIL REGIME.

WE WILL RATHER PREFER A STATE BURIAL THAT FOR BUHARI TO CONTINUE AS PRESIDENT.

Your burial sort of. Idiot!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by PeterUdeme: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
ozoebuka1:
angry

It's no surprise because one president promised to give them a 5% treatment.

Which president fool? and don't forget to bring your source.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Tarzan360(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
pedel:
Just listen to yourself! Who is the FG being referred to and how do you expect them to work on the airport without a budget?
I can't imagine how this way of reasoning is affecting other areas of your life.

U are blind from reality, did u hear any budget during the renovation of kaduna airport to allow international flights land? or did u hear any budget during the renovation of abuja airport when international flights are landing in kaduna? I don't think u are in this country u may be quoting me from cameroon....
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Felixv: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
so these guys want to eat their cake and have it at the same time

https://www.thecable.ng/glance-enugu-airport-maritime-university-projects-affected-nassemblys-cuts

so now they want a 'supplementary budget' basically asking the government to borrow money to fix the NA corruption...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Rickyuzzy(f): 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Tarzan360:
U are blind from reality, did u hear any budget during the renovation of kaduna airport to allow international flights land? or did u hear any budget during the renovation of abuja airport when international flights are landing in kaduna? I don't think u are in this country u may be quoting me from cameroon....

You are the same idiot that will come and rant here like the fools in national assembly that Buhari is executing projects without appropriation. Just negodu!

FYI, those projects for Kaduna and Abuja Airport were captured in 2016 before you will be talking like one imported dunce. Nonsense and ingredients!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by LaudableXX: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
GavelSlam:
I thought Stella Oduah Did a stellar job for which IPOB has made her a life patron.
AnanseK:
Ask your Patron Saint Stella Oduah. You guys made her a Senator for her good work as Aviation Minister when stealing was not corruption.
delpee:
Isn't Stella Oduah in the Senate? She knows better and should enlighten her colleagues if so. We were once told that it's one of the well refurbished airports. What could have gone wrong in less than 5 years? Maybe her colleague is not well informed.
Rickyuzzy:
This senators tire me, where they not the same peeps that slashed the budget to work on this airport from 2.5bn to 500million... I am not understanding. Why are they complaining, now they want supplementary budget.

That aside, the international run way was built less than 5 years ago, what contractor handled this substandard job, heads should be rolling for this. Where is Stella Odua that carried out this project. Someone has pocketed money and is keeping quiet. I am weak!

I no know say all of una sef don see am! cheesy cool The contractor that did that airport runway should be thrown behind bars for doing such a shoddy job!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Kingspin(m): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
GavelSlam:
I thought Stella Oduah Did a stellar job for which IPOB has made her a life patron.
Part of Nigeria problem. I put it to you that the news is sweet in your ear. Nigeria is a dead country. Travel and see!!!
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Positivepoint(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
F0RTRAN:
The Senator representing Ebonyi North senatorial district, Sam Egwu has described the condition of Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, as the most embarrassing among its peers in the world.

In a debate on the airport which was sponsored by Senator Chukwuka Utazi on Thursday, Egwu lamented that the airport which serves the people of the South East, South-South and North-Central has been left in a dangerously dilapidated condition.

He explained that the Ethiopian Airlines, an international air outfit which uses the airport, have often complained of dilapidated runways which they have appealed to the authority for repairs.

Enyinnaya Abaribe representing Abia Central senatorial district, called for investigation of the contractor that handled former repairs works on the airport, stating that it was unlikely that repairs were carried out during the last administration.

Senate Deputy Leader, Bala Ibn Na’allah posited that the Enugu Airport was technically unsafe for landing. He explained that any airport which has a bad runway could damage the engine of an aircraft.

“When you say an airport is technically unsafe, it takes into account demonstrated capacity of the runways,” he said.

Barnabas Gemade representing Benue Southwest, on his part, said it was late to include the airport in the budget, noting that Senator Chukwuka Utazi ought to have brought up the issue prior to the planning of the budget. He however called for supplementary budget in that regard.

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu revealed that Ethiopian aircraft lost tyres on two occasions while landing at the airport, and they stopped their operations there.

He added that other international airlines were not forthcoming despite its international status due to the condition of the airport.

The Senate then adopted the resolution, calling on the federal government to resurface and reconstruct the runway of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.

https://www.youlyn.com/news/216/enugu-airport-most-embarrassing-in-the-world-senator-egwu

is that not thesame airport the igbo senetors reduce 1.5 billion Naira allocated by buhari in the just approved 2018 budget. WHY THE COMPLAIN?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by hammer6F: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

Your burial sort of. Idiot!

ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE GREAT GRAND FATHER BUHARI HAVE MURDERED.

U STILL WANT HIM TO LIVE FOREVER?

BUHARI SHOULD GO AND DIE.
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Afamed: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

The minister you have now nko?
Please, mention the name.
Stella has moved on and so should you! kiss
She has moved on with the money meant to put the Airport in a better position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Sarang(f): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
You mean that thing is an international airport.. shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Afamed:

She has moved on with the money meant to put the Airport in a better position.

And the money meant to be used NOW, you will cry for FIVE YEARS FROM NOW abi?

What is YOUR STATE and THE CURRENT MINISTER OF AVIATION doing NOW? undecided
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Rickyuzzy(f): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
hammer6F:

ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE GREAT GRAND FATHER BUHARI HAVE MURDERED.

U STILL WANT HIM TO LIVE FOREVER?

BUHARI SHOULD GO AND DIE.

FYI, the middle belt clash was worse under Jonathan, no one ever said he was the one killing them. But Buhari. ALAS! HE IS A MURDERER. you guys are pathetic and biased. Hate him because he is a northerner and nothing else.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by hammer6F: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

FYI, the middle belt clash was worse under Jonathan, no one ever said he was the one killing them. But Buhari. ALAS! HE IS A MURDERER. you guys are pathetic and biased. Hate him because he is a northerner and nothing else.

I AM IN MY 20s, I CANNOT DIE BEFORE THE USELESS VAMPIRE CALLED BUHARI.
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Xander85: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
These bloody, two-faced Igbo haters are at it again! See them all over the thread like they care!

These are the same scum that will cheer on a bigot president that declares he will not treat a region that gave him 5% the same with those that gave him 80% or more! These are the same haters that will be feeling funky when almost 5 months into the new administration, the president still wouldn't deem it fit to appoint anyone from the SE region! These are the same schmucks that will rejoice when loans are taken and near fuc'kall reaches the SE by way of projects! When you ask them why they're besides themselves with joy over all this wickedness, they'll remind you that you gave Buhari only 5% and hence deserve nothing....that next time, don't put all your eggs in one basket! You'd be there scratching your head at their warped logic, knowing that this wasn't the type of democracy you were taught in school!

On many occasions, Igbos on here like myself have carpeted our useless elite (both those in the states and Abuja), and what you see happening with AIIA is the result of the uselessness of our elite as well as the handwork and scheming of the evil, Igbo hating bastards in Abuja and other regions! We should shoulder the most blame because in this supposed enlightened period we're in, no one can take you for a ride, exploit you and take you for granted unless you give them the chance!

Senator Oduah actually did something at AIIA; a airport which hadn't seen any refurbishment since it was first built in the early 70s. Though one still has to question the quality of work she delivered with regards to refurbishing the old terminal and the runway! I believe she could have carried on and done more for the airport if she hadn't been hounded out of office by the same haters who are now mocking us and asking what she did while she was minister!

If you're looking for any Igbo to blame for this then look no further than Osita Chidoka, who spent about a year as Aviation minister, yet one can't point to anything he did at the airport!
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please! Address Hadi Sirika jor!

He says:THE AVIATION SECTION IS COLLAPSING! grin

Na STELLA COLLAPSE AM?

Where is the CHANGE? grin

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigeria-s-aviation-sector-is-collapsing-minister/130701.html

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by GavelSlam: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Kingspin:
Part of Nigeria problem. I put it to you that the news is sweet in your ear. Nigeria is a dead country. Travel and see!!!

Travel and see what?

When we insist people are lining their pockets, doing a shoddy or no job at all you guys go all tribal.

Been to over 21 countries and I'm not exaggerating.
Presently in UK as we speak.

So forget that thing.

All I want is focused leadership.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by GavelSlam: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Please! Address Hadi Sirika jor!

He says:THE AVIATION SECTION IS COLLAPSING! grin

Na STELLA COLLAPSE AM?

Where is the CHANGE? grin

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigeria-s-aviation-sector-is-collapsing-minister/130701.html

From 2016?

But in a few months our national carrier would be launched.

Guy, get some shame.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
otokx:
They definitely have not been to Port Harcourt International Arrival Canopy Airport.
I tell you! that Airport is Ridiculously Embarrassing. No Airconditioner, Before take off they will bring out their tables, laptops chairs and checkout counters After take off they will pack everything up again. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

From 2016?

But in a few months our national carrier would be launched.

Guy, get some shame.

You are launching a national carrier, yet YOUR AIRPORTS are like “grazing colonies”? cheesy
Where is YOUR SHAME? embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Xander85:

These bloody, two-faced Igbo haters are at it again! See them all over the thread like they care!

If you're looking for any Igbo to blame for this then look no further than Osita Chidoka, who spent about a year as Aviation minister, yet one can't point to anything he did at the airport!

Gbam!!!!!!

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/01/efcc-grills-ex-minister-osita-chidoka/

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Kingspin(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

Travel and see what?

When we insist people are lining their pockets, doing a shoddy or no job at all you guys go all tribal.

Been to over 21 countries and I'm not exaggerating.
Presently in UK as we speak.

So forget that thing.

All I want is focused leadership.

This present government can fix that airport if they choose to; recently they fixed Abuja so what concern ex sacked minister?
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by GavelSlam: 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You are launching a national carrier, yet YOUR AIRPORTS are like “grazing colonies”? cheesy
Where is YOUR SHAME? embarassed

Must all airports be used?

Have you asked irresponsible NASS to buckle up and do the right thing?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by xangerar: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
That was the same airport Adaeze Oduah did for us. I really do not know when this nation shall be liberated. All our hospitals are unfit for our ruling class to attend and all our schools are not good for their children.

This is the same airport that Adaeze Oduah is expected to use when she comes home. It was never worked on. It was all fraud. Not even airconditioners, ordinary airconditioners, common airconditioners works optimally at the departure lounge that I know too well. Not one.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

Must all airports be used?

Have you asked irresponsible NASS to buckle up and do the right thing?

Yes! All airports must be used.
To develop ALL areas of NIGERIA EQUALLY!
Abuja and Lagos are super congested.
A real HUB is needed in the SS and SE.

Una MUMU don doooooooo!!!

NASS is the change YOU voted for.
Stop complaining jor!
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by Bigwig02(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nigeria Airport generally are in bad state

If u have visit Lagos international airport toilet u will concur wit me., I try using it, I ran out, hold myself, until I get inside the plane and use toilet in Plane..!so disappointing embarassed
Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by GavelSlam: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes! All airports must be used.
To develop ALL areas of NIGERIA EQUALLY!
Abuja and Lagos are super congested.
A real HUB is needed in the SS and SE.

Una MUMU don doooooooo!!!

NASS is the change YOU voted for.
Stop complaining jor!

I voted in one constituency.

If your constituency is shit, accept it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu by pedel: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
I quoted you from Europe.
I am expecting you to open a thread on the minister who reconstructed the runways and the airport less than 5 years ago.
Like I said your kind of thinking is the reason you are suffering in Nigeria. You manage to buy 100 naira data to defend the people who made your life miserable.
Before your reply with your usual insult, think for 5 minutes: if all the politicians that have been ruling over you have done what you voted them for without stealing money, would your situation be like this?
I pray God bring you out of that country so you will have every reason to agree that those politicians are evil and not worth defending.
The reason we are having this conversation now is because FFK, Stella Odua and GEJ didn't give you world standard airport at Enugu. Recently, the Senates, headed by your sons Saraki and Ekweremadu, cut the budget for the airport. In case you don't know, the chairperson, Senate committee in charge of Aviation is from the East.
I am telling you this if I can give your brain CPR.
FGN, PMB, APC and I are not your problems.
By the way FGN is not going to fix your airport without appropriation.
The last time the president placed an order to the USA for tucano helicopters you people called for impeachment.
Don't let bitterness and hatred for the president destroy you. Jonathan lost election not you or your dad. Let's move on. I assume you are from the South.
Sorry if I you are offended.

Tarzan360:

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angry Mob Kills Kenyan Serial Child Killer Who Escaped From Police Custody / Cracks Widen In APC Over Tinubu - Daily Trust / Disturbing Signals: Your Govt Has Crashed Our Expectations - Lukman To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.