Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks (12432 Views)

LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product / Notify Customers Before Debt Recovery Moves, CBN Tells Banks / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by postbox: 6:05am On Jul 13, 2018
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has released an amended regulatory framework for Bank Verification Number (BVN) operations and watch-lists for Nigerian financial system, saying a valid court order is a requirement to have access to a customer’s BVN.

The central bank disclosed this in a circular posted on its website yesterday, that was addressed to all banks, switches, mobile money operators, payment solution providers, microfinance banks and others. It stressed that any requests for BVN information must be accompanied with a court order.

The circular signed by the Director, Banking and Payments system department, Mr Dipo Fatokun titled‘Amendment to the Regulatory Framework for BVN Operations and Watch-list for the Nigerian Banking Industry,’ takes immediate effect.

On the amendment, it stated that “Section 1.6 of the Framework, Eligibility for Access to the BVN which states that, ‘The following entities may have access to BVN information, subject to the approval of the CBN,’ is hereby amended to read thus, ‘the following entities may have access to BVN information, after providing a valid Court Order, subject to the approval of the CBN’.

“Consequently, the CBN by this circular hereby informs all stakeholders that the provision of a valid court order is one of the pre-requisites for the release of BVN information to applicants.”

SOURCE : https://brandspurng.com/disclosure-of-customer-bvn-subject-to-court-order-cbn-tells-banks/

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Good news this is..

1 Like

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by rodeo0070(m): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for this...

1 Like

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by olanrewaju99(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Hmm
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Vital one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Opinionated: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Better... Your BVN should be private.

However, you can still lose access to your money in Nigerian banks without this.

Be warned.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by kurt09(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Sai Baba.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by olanrewaju99(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Good I idea but hoping it work out cos ordinary affidavit na just 1k without court approval.

1 Like

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by aprilwise(m): 7:43am On Jul 13, 2018
I dont understand oo

1 Like

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by SalamRushdie: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2018
Good news
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by mattonnairaland: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
I think it's OK because if you don't lose money to those on the outside even banks staffs are not secured anymore.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Primusinterpares(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
I nor understand this English o...
is it that before I get my bvn from my bank I go meet court first
somebody please explain.
Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Slurity(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
God has finally gave Emefiele little sense
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by hollywater: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
This will have more disadvantage ,Than advantage. My personal opinion, I don't support it.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by kaymandak(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Court order of Romans law, that won't stop wire wire boys from draining your account if your coconut is well riped.

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Chapmax: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2018
I'm impressed!
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2018
The introduction of BVN erases any for of 'banking secrecy'that might have existed in the past. I think this is bad for our financial institutions. Banking secrecy should be encouraged by our financial regulators. It would increase trust, and would make stolen funds that should otherwise be kept in the Swiss domain, remain in our local institutions.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Redblood(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Good, but it solve nothing, it doesn't require bvn to tamper with one acct...lack of knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by jazinogold(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2018
hmm
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by EbiKeys(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2018
Policy inconsistencies, shocked shocked shocked the bane of economic development in Nigeria.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by merbenko: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2018
Good news mehn
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by naijapips04: 7:50am On Jul 13, 2018
kurt09:
Sai Baba.
Buhari that does not know what BVN stands for.

BVN... One of the foresight achievements of good luck Jonathan.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by damosade(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2018
Is quite disheartening that ,even cbn does not know bvn number has nothing to do with fraud on the account.. If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by ikorodureporta: 7:54am On Jul 13, 2018
Mod no know say na repost b dis on fp?
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by RevenGeMission: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2018
I think this has to do with banks giving or publishing people's bvn anyhow

1 Like

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by awoofawoo: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2018
aprilwise:
I dont understand oo

Not only you, what is the essence of doing BVN if I can't have access to it without Court order........ The Court order should be for Third Party entities that wish to access BVN databases e.g Security agencies, Private and Public institutions etc

Those that are registered should be able to access their BVN data without stress.........in Nigeria we just like giving ourselves unnecessary wahala sha undecided

7 Likes

Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by royalguy123(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2018
Are we really sure its not for their personal gains,can it affect/curb the networks of yahoo businesses. I dey look oo
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2018
Good. This is related to financial crimes and corruption cases so as to trace connected accounts of an an accused.
Re: Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks by AdiscoPele: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Are the banks also affected?

Does it mean we don't have to thumbprint at the bank for any transaction?

If it's so, it's a welcome development because the time wasted in banking halls over little transactions are too much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification / Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank / Banks Dollar Sale Falls As Naira Weakens To 1,479/Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.