Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor (1487 Views)

ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) / Power Iron, Microwave, Freezer, With I Better Pass My Neighbor Small Generator / How Do I Iron With Better Pass My Neighbour Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by kode12: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
I'm in need of an inverter that has a rating between 500-1kva that can work conveniently with I better pass my neighbor generator. It is very important that the small Gen is capable of carrying the inverter and should be able to charge a 100ah or 200ah battery to full capacity within a short time. Inverter should be able to withstand the usual power spikes of the small Gen without any issues. If you know of any brand as such please comment.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by Donald3d(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2018
I would be honest with you it can't
Especially for that battery size you stated
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by obi58: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2018
kode12:
I'm in need of an inverter that has a rating between 500-1kva that can work conveniently with I better pass my neighbor generator. It is very important that the small Gen is capable of carrying the inverter and should be able to charge a 100ah or 200ah battery to full capacity within a short time. Inverter should be able to withstand the usual power spikes of the small Gen without any issues. If you know of any brand as such please comment.

Inverter that can be charged by ibetterpassmyneighbour to full capacity within a short time?

Dream on. grin
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by kode12: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2018
obi58:

Inverter that can be charged by ibetterpassmyneighbour to full capacity within a short time?

Dream on. grin
Loool. Are you saying it's impossible? I'm currently using a 1.5kva inverter, but it keeps causing problems for the small Gen, obviously because the gen output power is usually about 900-1.2kva. So I need an inverter than can run on that small Gen conveniently but still charge the battery fast. PS: It's not for personal purposes, it's for a large project.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by obi58: 9:43am On Jul 15, 2018
kode12:

Loool. Are you saying it's impossible? I'm currently using a 1.5kva inverter, but it keeps causing problems for the small Gen, obviously because the gen output power is usually about 900-1.2kva. So I need an inverter than can run on that small Gen conveniently but still charge the battery fast. PS: It's not for personal purposes, it's for a large project.

Brother na why e dey give your generator problems. What's more using that gen to charge your batteries is killing them because it's charging them at a much lower voltage.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by kode12: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2018
obi58:

Brother na why e dey give your generator problems. What's more using that gen to charge your batteries is killing them because it's charging them at a much lower voltage.
Yeah. I didn't think about it at first, had to replace alot of inverters before realizing I better pass my neighbor generator is just around 1kva, so it'd definitely have issues. Problem is, this isn't personal, it's for a project and I can't control the kind of Gen available, most of the gen are I better pass my neighbor and I can't change it. That's why I'm looking for a lesser power inverter that won't strain the Gen, but killing the batteries cos of under voltage, is another issue now.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by obi58: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2018
kode12:

Yeah. I didn't think about it at first, had to replace alot of inverters before realizing I better pass my neighbor generator is just around 1kva, so it'd definitely have issues. Problem is, this isn't personal, it's for a project and I can't control the kind of Gen available, most of the gen are I better pass my neighbor and I can't change it. That's why I'm looking for a lesser power inverter that won't strain the Gen, but killing the batteries cos of under voltage, is another issue now.

Bros let them get a bigger gen minimum of 2900 to save you further time and money wasted in sourcing for a solution that will provide more problems than solutions.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by kode12: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
obi58:

Bros let them get a bigger gen minimum of 2900 to save you further time and money wasted in sourcing for a solution that will provide more problems than solutions.
2900? I was thinking maybe a 2.5kva Gen would do. Please how did you arrive at the 2.9kva value for the Gen? Is there some kinda formula applied? Do you have the thread for the Nairaland inverter group?
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by Ativ: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
For the small generator size, you can get a Zinox iPower Matrix Inverter - 1KVA/12V. However, the maximum charge voltage is 20A. It may take about 4 -5 hours to fill a drained 100 Ah battery.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/434 is the Inverter thread on Nairaland.
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by obi58: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
kode12:

2900? I was thinking maybe a 2.5kva Gen would do. Please how did you arrive at the 2.9kva value for the Gen? Is there some kinda formula applied? Do you have the thread for the Nairaland inverter group?

From practical experience bro.

Na wetin I get for house
Re: Inverter Needed That Can Charge With I Better Pass My Neighbor by kode12: 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
obi58:

From practical experience bro.
Na wetin I get for house
Can you give me your inverter/battery brand pls and how long you've been using

(1) (Reply)

Sold / JBL Flip 3 (new) / Sharp Sharp Laptop Sales.... Very Cheap Prices.... Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.