Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics (126180 Views)

Trader Who Lost Her Money To Roadside Gamblers Cries (Video) / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / Asma'u Nyako, Nigeria Lady Impersonated On Twitter With Fake Nude Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by ChangeIsCostant: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2018
Fresh facts have emerged on how a food stuff trader, Mercy Duru Ezinne, who impersonated as a medical doctor with the Federal Medical Center (FMC), Abeokuta, Ogun State, perfected her plans to fleece a patient with heart challenges of millions of naira.

It was earlier reported that 35-year old Mercy, whose highest educational qualification was as certificate in auxiliary nursing, had allegedly collected the sum #400,000 from the patient, one Hassan Olawale, for treatment and further promised to take him to her German doctor in Accra, Ghana, for a heart transplant, on the payment of #10million.

A source from the FSARS, where the suspect is being detained disclosed to Crimepuzzle that the suspect deposed to had been able to secure a man willing to donate his heart to Hassan, after being involved in a train accident, but would only do so at a cost of #4million naira. After which she will arrange to have him moved to Ghana to be operated upon by her German doctor friend with a machine that she would import from America.

While this was going on, the source stated that one Dr. Raji of FMC, who had previously been involved one way and another in Hassan's case, became suspicious of the "woman doctor" and alerted operatives of FSARS, who trailed and successfully apprehended her.

Crimepuzzle had a chat with Dr. Raji and here was his submission:

"About three weeks ago, I received a phone call from a patient being managed for congestive cardiac failure and was on requisite medications.

"The patient subsequently asked me to speak with his friend, a certain "Dr Mercy" ( Mercy Duru), who asked about the details of the patients health, particularly with respect to getting or need for a heart transplant; this was countered as the patients condition was not deemed to have deteriorated to the extent to need such measures.

"The said Dr Mercy adamantly insisted on the need for a transplant and also to get a life support machine as well. At this juncture, I proceeded to explain to "Dr Mercy" that heart transplants were different from other paired organ transplants, I also told here that centre's for heart transplants were not available in Nigeria. "I took the pains to also explain the getting heart transplant done outside the country requires him being on a list which will be determined by his clinical status and other parameters as well. I concluded by telling her that with strict medication adherence and life style modification, he can live a meaningful life. "Dr Mercy" then asked if heart transplants can be as expensive as 10million naira, which I replied in the affirmative, and may even be more than that if the patient eventually requires it."I never heard from the patient again until after about 2weeks.

He called telling me he was in respiratory distress and was having cough, which prevented him from sleeping. He told me he was in a popular hotel (he had secured a temporary abode and wanted to see me). On getting to the place, he was in respiratory distress and narrated how "Dr Mercy" had been treating him in the previous two weeks. She asked him to do some investigations at her choiced laboratory, claiming all the previous ones he did, even at the government hospital, were irrelevant.

"After presenting the results, she asked him to pay for certain medications notably Rocephine(a 3rd generation cephalosporin), zoladex(an anti sex hormone used for treating patients with prostate cancer and breast cancer). He narrated how she had given him intravenous ceftriaxone intramuscular, leaving him with severe pains in the lower limbs for days. "Dr Mercy" also gave him lots of intravenous fluids, a relative contraindications in his state worsening his clinical conditions and had him transfer the sum of #400,000, to procure some drugs", Dr. Raji revealed.

According to Dr. Raji, Mercy later called the victim, telling him that she had been able to secure a man willing to donate his heart, after being involved in a train accident, but would only do so at a cost of #4million naira, after which she would arrange to have him moved to Ghana to be operated upon by her German doctor friend with a machine that she would be importing from America.

"He was evacuated from the hotel and admitted in the hospital where proper medical attention was instituted, during which Mercy kept on calling the patient and threatening that she will cancel the heart transplant if he fails to remit the 4million naira she requested for.

"I later arranged with the patient to get the so called Dr mercy arrested so as to prevent others from falling victim of her scheme. I informed the FSARS, Ogun State, some of their men started trailing her. Attempt at getting her arrested proved abortive as she was never at home and we were informed that she had started parking her belongings from the apartment.

"The patient was then asked to place a call to Mercy, pleading with her to come to the hospital and rescue him, and that the treatment he was being given was not working for him. Dr mercy was very annoyed that he had to seek medical attention from another hospital. She reluctantly came to the hospital in the company of her driver and two other...

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/more-details-on-trader-who-impersonated-as-doctor-to-treat-patients-heart.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2018
This keeps baffling us.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by izzou(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2018
angry

My problem with this country is that judgement is too slow. angry

For fvvk's sake, why is she still being interrogated? I expected her to be thrown into prison.

Someone displayed the highest form of inhumanity, and she's still cooling off in the station. angry Nonsense

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by chriskosherbal(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2018
The hustle is real grin

See signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by okomile(f): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2018
Grade 1 killer
She should be injected to feel body pains till she goes into coma.
When she comes around, she should be thrown into the gallows

Animal in human skin

7 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Firefire(m): 7:31am On Jul 14, 2018
Why do fraud/419 with human life? Let her face the music. I prefer death by hanging. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2018
Did she stuff all the money she's been collecting all along into her chest? undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by hisgrace090: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
Say no to greed!!!

Using a sick man as an ATM to me is the highest level of greed.

4 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2018
She could have killed the patient all in a bid to make fast money.
I wonder how many she must have killed before.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Vornic: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Hmmmm, This one is strong
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by buygala(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2018
And this woman will also be opening mouth and abusing Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen sad

This one one one-woman terrorist sad

The exact same fate that will befall the killer herdsmen and Boko Haram in a sane society should befall her

Sadly though, Nigeria is far from sane....i won't be surprised if she becomes Minister of Health in the future.....Like Buhari like Ezinne undecided

8 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by AntiWailer: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2018
I dnt get it
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2018
Some people get mind sha.

2 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2018
the average nigerian has absolutely no problem with killing, maiming , exploiting his fellow human in order to hammer.

3 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by webincomeplus(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Pretending to be a doctor when all you have is a certificate as an auxiliary nurse. This is happening in many places in the country, and when such patient dies, people go around lambasting doctors.

There are way so many pseudo-doctors in Nigeria. And unfortunately, many people don't even know how to identify them.

So, before you castigate a doctor (especially one in private practice) for managing a medical case poorly, find out if he/she is truly a doctor in the first place. There are so many nurses, lab scientists, and even auxiliary nurses posing as doctors and even running private clinics.

Imagine! Even the dumbest doctor knows that you don't give IV fluids to a cardiac failure patient.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Naijaphobia(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2018
They should just replace the man's heart with that of the woman. Case closed!!!!

8 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by modaink333: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2018
Like for this, share for yahoo
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nebes: 8:32am On Jul 14, 2018
The woman’s callousness and wickedness has been ascertained. She should bear the consequences of her actions.

I also have a problem with the patient. He was being treated by a team of doctors in a tertiary hospital but he chose to rely on a quack.

2 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Ameeria: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2018
Wickedness of mankind because of money. Imagine fleecing an unhealthy man for money he apparently needs to get well. Anyways, the law has to take its course.
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2018
izzou:
angry

My problem with this country is that judgement is too slow. angry

For fvvk's sake, why is she still being interrogated? I expected her to be thrown into prison.

Someone displayed the highest form of inhumanity, and she's still cooling off in the station. angry Nonsense

"cooling off in the station" on Tax Payers' monies when her HEART should be donated to the victim embarassed

3 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Horus(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2018
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by princeade86(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2018
so what investigation are they still doing. charge her to court and sentence her straight. don't let d case die down.
Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Olujoe1(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2018
Money will make you go extra mile, if u ar too greedy about it.
If your brain is paining you, pls we are here to work on it free of charge, no millions involve.

1 Like

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Since the victim paid some money to her already, let the authority do the needful by taking her HEART out cos it's her type that aid these rituals in order to get required body parts for surgeries.

I wonder how these people were conceived cry

3 Likes

Re: More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2018

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCTV Video Of Baba Ijesha Molesting The 14-Year-Old Girl Released (Censored) / Ekiti Man Drugs His Girlfriend, Films Her Being Raped By Friends, Uploads Video / Ladies Show Off Their Loot From COVID-19 Palliative Warehouse In Monkey Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.