Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students (17212 Views)

Nursing Students Admitted Into Nigerian Universities 2022 / Lead City University Nursing Students Cry Out Over Poor Hostel After Paying 200k / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by 11Ebiscoo: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2018
The University College (UCH), Ibadan has approved the wearing of Hijab for its nursing students.

This approval, DAILY POST learn Friday evening, came after the Minister of Health, Professor Isacc Adewole approved the report of the Ad Hoc Committee on standardization of the use of Hijab on school uniform in the schools of nursing, having noted that its recommendations were in line with the standards of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.

The hospital in a statement issued by A. K. Shinyabola, its Director of Administration advised students who want to embrace their religion in fulfilment of the religious belief to do so in strict compliance with the approved standard.

Shinyanbola in the circular dated Friday, 13th July 2018, issued on behalf of the hospital’s Chief Medical Director, Professor Temitope Alonge and addressed to all Heads of Department, directed all concerned departments to comply with the new rule.

DAILY POST recalls that a University of Ilorin law graduate, Miss Firdaus Amasa, was on Tuesday called to bar six months after she was denied such opportunity.

She was called to the Bar in Abuja, the nation’s capital along with other new lawyers.

Amasa had insisted that she will not remove her veil, (Hijab) before she would be called to the bar.

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/uch-endorses-wearing-of-hijab-by.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Naza25: 8:44am On Jul 14, 2018
There's nothing wrong with wearing hijab. If anyone wants to use hijab, they should be free to do so

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Tolexander: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2018
Nothing wrong with hijab, it should be minimal anyway and shouldn't be like a masquerade costume.

11 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Aboki99(m): 9:33am On Jul 14, 2018
Before any ignoramuses insult Islam, let them look these Biblical verses up: Genesis 24:65 and 1 Corriantians 11:6. This is so that they may know Hijab is also Biblical but most xtians lady decide to wilfully violate the Bible's injunction!

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by OLORIPAPA: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Hmmm
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Omeokachie: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2018
I hope they will invest in new security equipment, especially metal detectors.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Morocco0: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2018
Please help me before I commit suicide

Graduated from Uniport in 2016

I have served but till date no job

Please help me..
I'm ready to come for any job interview in Port Harcourt and prove my mettle

I'm a graduate of History and Diplomatic Studies

1 Like

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2018
The battle is won

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Franzinni: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2018
cooll
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Morocco0:
Please help me before I commit suicide

Graduated from Uniport in 2016

I have served but till date no job

Please help me..
I'm ready to come for any job interview in Port Harcourt and prove my mettle

I'm a graduate of History and Diplomatic Studies
Please, no matter what, Don't commit suicide.
Something good is on the way.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by coken: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Sijo01(f): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
When will they endorse wearing of choir rob for christian and other attires for different religion

4 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Kendumazy(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
No biggie in as much as Christians too can wear their choir hats.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by theoldpretender(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
Omeokachie:
I hope they will invest in new security equipment, especially metal detectors.

Yes, like Christians and pagans don't commit evil crimes ever...

NTA workers have had people who wore hijab among them, as do many secular workers among them. And there was no bombing at all.

Before you hit me, I am.no.muslim.i even think the religion is fake, but I also don't like bigotry

2 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by resurgent2019: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69367103:
The battle is won

Was there a battle before? Nigerians of other faiths are just scared of hijab due to the security implications. I for example fear anybody with the hijab on, it reminds me of Islamic terrorism.

All we need is assurances that other Nigerians are safe. Lobatan!!!

11 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Proffdada: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2018
More odour grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by eluquenson(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
Kudos to the mgt.

Wearing of hijab shouldn't be hindered, it's a mode of dressing

7 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by ybalogs(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
shocked Firdaus effect!!

3 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by SenorFax(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
After all them dey use hijab do sport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Freedom of religion is enshrined in our supreme law book.

But this one go pain ipob yoot whose stock in trade is screaming and blaming PMB & ISLAMISATION

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Dos it change anytin In wearing of hjab.. most of them are not clean.. in there mind.. undecided

1 Like

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by SwimmingCoach(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Religious tolerance...

Meanwhile, this is the time parents begin to roll their eyes; "Oh, my kids are on another long holiday break"....You can't just let them sit at home doing nothing, why not make them learn a life saving skill, get them occupied.

There are many summer camps they can go learn basic and productive skills, swimming is one of them. Swimming is fun and is a life saving skill, kids love to swim.

Get a professional swimming coach that teaches your kids professional strokes as well as ensure their safety in and around the pool area.

IF YOU STAY IN LAGOS, Call me or send a whatsapp on Zero 8 Zero 5 Zero 7 Eight 8 Two 8 Five.

FAQ:

ARE MY KIDS GOING TO BE SAFE?

Yes, they are going to be safe alongside other kids...there's always a lifeguard around to keep watch. Apart from being a coach i am also a Lifeguard which makes safety a priority in my coaching lesson plans.

Similarly, we offer our training lessons to your kids at home if you have a swimming pool at home or you can tell us which public swimming pool is closer to your house, please ensure you book an appointment with us earlier so you can have a spot based on schedules.

You can contact me for more information by calling me or send me a Whatsapp message (preferable) cuz I spend most of my day in the pool.

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2018
Its ok by me so far you're 2km from me when wearing this bomb attire

6 Likes

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by vedaxcool(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2018
grin grin grin common sense is finally prevailing

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Statistics Of 2015/2016 Jamb Candidates Who Choose Your School / Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / FG Pays ASUU Members December Salary Despite Not Enrolling In IPPIS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.