Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria (18325 Views)

Linkedin Releases 25 Best Places To Work In Nigeria Ranking / FG Places Embargo On Recruitment / 4 Great Places To Look For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Getting an internship position in Nigeria is as difficult as getting a job itself. Although this may sound weird, but it is the truth.Most students around the country are constantly searching for internship placement. And some of them may end up not getting placement. This could be very frustrating. However, we will unveil to our readers the 7 best places to do internship in Nigeria.

It is always advisable to take your internship very serious. There is nothing as amazing as doing your Internship in a very good place. As a matter of fact, when you do your internship in a good place you tend to learn more and get mouth watering stipends.

7 Best places to do Internship in Nigeria

Are you looking for a one year, six months and graduate internship role in Nigeria? Check out these best places to do internship in Nigeria.

#1 Nigeria Liquefied and Natural Gas (NLNG)

One of the best places to do internship in Nigeria in NLNG. You will learn several things about work environment and organization culture if you do your internship in NLNG. More importantly, NLNG pays their intern handsomely well.

Read also: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century

How to apply for an internship role in NLNG

logon to www.nlng.com and click on career
It is advisable to read the SIWES application guidelines before you proceed
Click yes to the warning message that might appear
Click register here to register
Fill in all information especially those asterisks
After which, follow the sequence from there.

#2 Shell

Shell is also among the best places to do internship in Nigeria. Although it is very challenging to get an internship role in Shell. But with the right contacts, you can be there. I promise you, it is a good place to be, your experience will be one of a kind.

#3 Schlumberger

Schlumberger is another great place to do your internship in Nigeria. It is an oilfield firm with presence in over 85 countries.

They offer internship opportunities to students and fresh graduates around the country. Just visit their website to see the application guidelines.

#4 NNPC

NNPC is also among the best places to do internship in Nigeria. Although most time you need to know somebody inside there before you will be accepted.

They are several subsidiaries in NNPC, they all accept IT students. It is a good place to work and you will learn a lot about your discipline.

Some interns are lucky to get a contract appointment with NNPC after their internship. I know of several people in this category.

#5 GT Bank

Most staff you see in the bulk room in any GT bank branch around the country are interns. GT bank recruit large number of students annually as intern.

However, you need to know a staff working in GT bank who will help you apply. Also, upon acceptance, you will need a senior staff in the bank to serve as your guarantor.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/07/14/5-best-places-to-do-internship-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by countsparrow: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
I don wait dem tire, i don dey loose weight o
Shell disappoint me
But Iyeneke confusion
NLNG dissapoint me
Nyom kem dissapointment o...

All this places na invitation to be slave like Kunta Kinte in Roots

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
UBA

Believe it or not
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by seyopsy1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Areaboy2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
I'm happy I didn't see Total there..
You will buy meat pie and taya grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by LazyNairalander(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice one but I applied to nnpc hq in Abuja during my year I didn't even get a single call.
Nigeria is a scam forget it.
This country is allergic to anything civil and organized.

check my SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by lakesider(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
dont be decieved by the names and the op .. the best place to do internship is with a well managed small company .. you will learn .. go to shell , na photocopy u go dey do

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Abdul3391(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
what of centre for remote sensing
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by rawpadgin(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
I think there people should be doing their internship in national assembly

Wetin i dey talk seflipsrsealed
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Idoko619(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
lakesider:
dont be decieved by the names and the op .. the best place to do internship is with a well managed small company .. you will learn .. go to shell , na photocopy u go dey do

U v said it all.... Currently doin my intern in one of top agencies in Nigeria.
As an ICT student, d height I v done is type documents

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
NLNG dissapoint me

They didn't pick you?
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Please I need an I.T Placement ooo.. Dept Computer science.... Tried of waiting

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by protocol(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
What happened to kpmg, price water house coopers, erst and young, google etc. What's GTB?

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2018
[quote author=lakesider post=69368675]dont be decieved by the names and the op .. the best place to do internship is with a well managed small company ..

Why suggest a small company ? They might not even pay. Me right now need an I.T placement.
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
Idoko619:

U v said it all.... Currently doin my intern in one of top agencies in Nigeria.
As an ICT student, d height I v done is type documents

Your own is better me self am on I.T haven't found a placement.... ICT student tooo can you help me?
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abdul3391:
what of centre for remote sensing

Goto NASA
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by coolheed: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
I strongly disagree with the OP on the examples he provided. It appears his judgment is restricted to financial benefits.

What will an intern learn in NLNG, Shell etc where there are professional service firms when you will be exposed to real learning opportunities. Ask interns in PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, IT software companies, newspaper houses, etc and you will understand what I am saying.

Peace...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by stevemarkdangot(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Procter and Gamble ought to be on the list. The best place for internship.
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by ItzBIM(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Pls how can I get it placement whether paid or not just need the experience
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nigeria brewery

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
coolheed:
I strongly disagree with the OP on the examples he provided. It appears his judgment is restricted to financial benefits.

What will an intern learn in NLNG, Shell etc where there are professional service firms when you will be exposed to real learning opportunities. Ask interns in PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, IT software companies, newspaper houses, etc and you will understand what I am saying.

Peace...

Honestly, I expected one of the bolded firms to be included. At least, PwC.
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
Wat of jumia..
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by Horlaarsco: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
When I do IT I buy food tire.. Na there I Sabi different types of meat.. Abodi, shaki , iwe, edo, fuku...

Abegi this country ehn e don done

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by justflow1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
protocol:
What happened to kpmg, price water house coopers, erst and young, google etc. *What's GTB?*
it seems you are on loan to this planet
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by thoollz: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
All d organizations u listed have to do with knowing someone there before getting in. What a country.
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by justflow1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Getting an internship position in Nigeria is as difficult as getting a job itself. Although this may sound weird, but it is the truth.Most students around the country are constantly searching for internship placement. And some of them may end up not getting placement. This could be very frustrating. However, we will unveil to our readers the 7 best places to do internship in Nigeria.

It is always advisable to take your internship very serious. There is nothing as amazing as doing your Internship in a very good place. As a matter of fact, when you do your internship in a good place you tend to learn more and get mouth watering stipends.

Are you looking for a one year, six months and graduate internship role in Nigeria? Check out these best places to do internship in Nigeria.

One of the best places to do internship in Nigeria in NLNG. You will learn several things about work environment and organization culture if you do your internship in NLNG. More importantly, NLNG pays their intern handsomely well.

#2 Shell

Shell is also among the best places to do internship in Nigeria. Although it is very challenging to get an internship role in Shell. But with the right contacts, you can be there. I promise you, it is a good place to be, your experience will be one of a kind.

#3 Schlumberger

Schlumberger is another great place to do your internship in Nigeria. It is an oilfield firm with presence in over 85 countries.

They offer internship opportunities to students and fresh graduates around the country. Just visit their website to see the application guidelines.

#4 NNPC

NNPC is also among the best places to do internship in Nigeria. Although most time you need to know somebody inside there before you will be accepted.

They are several subsidiaries in NNPC, they all accept IT students. It is a good place to work and you will learn a lot about your discipline.

Some interns are lucky to get a contract appointment with NNPC after their internship. I know of several people in this category.

#5 GT Bank

Most staff you see in the bulk room in any GT bank branch around the country are interns. GT bank recruit large number of students annually as intern.

However, you need to know a staff working in GT bank who will help you apply. Also, upon acceptance, you will need a senior staff in the bank to serve as your guarantor.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/07/14/5-best-places-to-do-internship-in-nigeria/

i did my internship with GTBank in 2016, the experience was amazing, its really a nice place.. Its almost impossible for you to distinguish a full staff from the interns in terms of interactions. But i think Gtbank should improve the pay, because this interns dominates the work force of the bank (they do what most experienced graduate working in other banks do, like zenith and the likes of others). They shouldnt allow their cost benefit overshadow the well being of their human capital(interns) the full staffs are enjoying tho.
I went to an interview, what the Human resource person was intrested in my resume, was my experience at GTB.
If you are given the opportunity to undergo an internship program at GTBank, just be ready to work, multi task and go home late (expecially if your branch is located on the mainland) . but the knowledge that will be inculcated in u will surely outweigh the stress. My experience at GTB cannot be sold short

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by ElRapido: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
Are you an internet marketer who is really struggling to hit it big especially affiliate marketers. Send me a message(check my signature) now I have a special package to ease your burden, attract more customers to your online business and become a member of never broke again(NBA) squad. The offer is for a limited time, you need to act now, missing this opportunity will be the most painful thing after missing heaven. Live long and prosper
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by hibeatz200: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
the best place to do internship in Nigeria is pensions alliance limited ( PAL pensions)

quote me anywhere

if you know you know
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
coolheed:

Peace...

Smile! Not true actually. If you are willing to learn, you will learn alot
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by gunnersway(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
24hoursreporter:

#2 Shell

#3 Schlumberger

#4 NNPC

#5 GT Bank

if Promasidor Nigeria Limited is not there then the list is not complete
Re: 5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria by stubbornman(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
Its a Fvcking list without EMZOR PHARMACEUTICAL LIMITED INDUSTRIES LIMITED.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For The 2018 Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme / Npower Commences NEXIT Soft Loan Process For Npower N-agro Beneficiaries / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.