Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O (610 Views)

Alaba Market Fire: Police Arrested "Suspected Criminals", Set Shanties On Fire / Tajudeen Bakare: Why I Did Not Disappear When Police Arrested Me – Ogboni Leader / APC Queries Akeredolu For Working Against Party In National Assembly Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by scully95: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
*Political Correctness working against Cultural Openness
*Nigerian Police Working against their Ancestors: Police arrested Pros.Moyo Okediji for building ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

It was reported a few days ago that the Nigerian police single handedly decided to arrest a professor in Ifa, Professor Moyo Okediji  for building ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

See the short report of the event that went on from the University of Ifa by Professor Moyo Okediji.
'The Nigerian Police arrested me yesterday for building the ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ. They said I was building a house for the Orisa.
They are right. I have built a house for the Orisa. But my lawyer says it is legal and constitutional for me to build a temple for whomsoever I desire.'

'This is what happens when Politically correct ideas work against cultural Openness, these are people who are brainwashed to attacking their roots or origin, henceforth their ancestor says  an Ifa Chief priest

A lenient spokesperson for Orisa Tradition says 'If it's Brazil or European countries they will take is precious and a tourist center. Nigerians prefer following a religion that they don't know the roots. Baba keep doing your things IFA aagbew lapapo'.

This has generated massive condemnation against the Nigerian police for taking a look at the Buidling and decided to just arrest the professor.

On getting to the professor, this question was asked and he replied.

May I please ask you further explanation about a different law system in a different culture: why would it be forbidden to build a house for Orixas? How do they know it´s not a conventional house but a yet-to-become sacred building?

Professor Moyo Okediji: They took one look at it and it was apparent to them, from the embellishments with use of indigenous African materials, that it is most likely for the purpose of celebrating indigenous ways.

A student of Ifa University 'Adeleke Ademola says  'They must be very stupid, though, am a Muslim, if I built a mosque they are coming to arrest me?'
Another student Guzzi Rarely answered:  No bro.

This news have generated massive condemnation all across the country, we will bring in more update soon.

Here is the beautiful photo of the Edifice ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by Sprumbabafather: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
This is serious

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by scully95: 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
This is serious
Very serious oh my Brother !

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by jnhmaxxwell: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
scully95:
*Political Correctness working against Cultural Openness
*Nigerian Police Working against their Ancestors: Police arrested Pros.Moyo Okediji for building ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

It was reported a few days ago that the Nigerian police single handedly decided to arrest a professor in Ifa, Professor Moyo Okediji  for building ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

See the short report of the event that went on from the University of Ifa by Professor Moyo Okediji.
'The Nigerian Police arrested me yesterday for building the ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ. They said I was building a house for the Orisa.
They are right. I have built a house for the Orisa. But my lawyer says it is legal and constitutional for me to build a temple for whomsoever I desire.'

'This is what happens when Politically correct ideas work against cultural Openness, these are people who are brainwashed to attacking their roots or origin, henceforth their ancestor says  an Ifa Chief priest

A lenient spokesperson for Orisa Tradition says 'If it's Brazil or European countries they will take is precious and a tourist center. Nigerians prefer following a religion that they don't know the roots. Baba keep doing your things IFA aagbew lapapo'.

This has generated massive condemnation against the Nigerian police for taking a look at the Buidling and decided to just arrest the professor.

On getting to the professor, this question was asked and he replied.

May I please ask you further explanation about a different law system in a different culture: why would it be forbidden to build a house for Orixas? How do they know it´s not a conventional house but a yet-to-become sacred building?

Professor Moyo Okediji: They took one look at it and it was apparent to them, from the embellishments with use of indigenous African materials, that it is most likely for the purpose of celebrating indigenous ways.

A student of Ifa University 'Adeleke Ademola says  'They must be very stupid, though, am a Muslim, if I built a mosque they are coming to arrest me?'
Another student Guzzi Rarely answered:  No bro.

This news have generated massive condemnation all across the country, we will bring in more update soon.

Here is the beautiful photo of the Edifice ÀKÒDÌ ÒRÌṢÀ.

Those policemen are ignorant, I bet if you find out very well, they must be Fulani herdsmen working against the culture and tradition of the people. Who sent them message ? Inglorious bastards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by scully95: 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
jnhmaxxwell:

Those policemen are ignorant, I bet if you find out very well, they must be Fulani herdsmen working against the culture and tradition of the people. Who sent them message ? Inglorious bastards
Beeni !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Working Against Their Ancestors: Police Arrested Pros. Moyo O by dapoRead: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
Attacking your tradition is the most backward thing anyone could even think of! What has the foreign ones done since its inception in the Niger Area ? It has brought more bloodshed, poverty,robbery and corruption.

Before the fall of Oyo, the Aare ona kankafo used to have 800 strong horse army, this does not include foot soldiers. One could compare such an army to having 800 battle tank armies today. Does the totality of Nigerian army has up to 800 tanks ?

This is the backwardness and draw back the foreign tradition has brought to our people which leads to daily insecurity.Then you have a police man arresting the tradition of the land.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Online Media, Politics And Deliberate Misinformation / 2019 : Gov. Yari Resigns / Those Ganging Against PMB Are The Same 2015 Conspirators – Masari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.