Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead (72100 Views)

The US Court Proceedings On CSU: A National Embarrassment By Osita Chidoka / Buhari: Failure To Obey Court Orders, National Embarrassment – Soyinka / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Meets Tinubu And Akande (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by sarrki(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, on Saturday described the state governorship election as national embarrassment.

Addressing journalists shortly after voting in his ward 001, St. David’s Primary School, Maternity Area, Afao, he said the election was compromised by security agents.

Fayose, who voted at 1:30 p.m., said he was responding to treatment and would return home after casting his vote.

He said Ekiti people are contending with security agencies, adding that the deployment of 30,000 military and paramilitary officers to the state was to intimidate the voters.

He said: “I want to say that the Independent National Election Commission (INEC) has good intention. But the process has been hijacked by security agencies. This is a national disgrace and there is danger ahead.

“Remember we raised all these issues, as I speak ballot boxes are being snatched by thugs in the very eyes of security personnel. What they call ‘see and buy money politics’ is going on right now.

“The police and civil defence corps are aiding the process. I must repeat this is a national disaster because the election is marred by violence.”

Fayose said members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were arrested by security personnel.

“In almost all the local government councils in the state, PDP chieftains are being arrested. They have arrested House of Representatives members. As I address you right now, my chief of staff was arrested and detained an hour ago.

“We fight corruption everywhere, but when wrong people are in authority, the effort will not yield the desired result. It is the wrong thing that will happen to nation. The Bible says when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in authority this is what you get.

“If this is the sample for 2019, I must say it is a lost ground. I want to say very specifically that this is a lost ground for the Nigerian electorate. They have taken over the election from INEC,” the governor stated.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ekiti-election-a-national-embarrassment-fayose/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by sarrki(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
It is too early oshoko

Abi the thing don go the other way ?

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by chriskosherbal(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
Well everybody must have something to say after the election ..

Oga let's wait for the official result first ..

Checkmy signature

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by sarrki(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Well everybody must have something to say after the election ..

Oga let's wait for the official result first ..

Checkmy signature

This is how I want us to all behave as citizens

It will checkmate our politicians

God bless you

Lalasticlala never see this

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Guestlander: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
This should give you an idea which direction the tree is going to fall.
Both parties have induced voters with money, that is shameful.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by seunmsg(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
It is too early to cry Mr. Fayose. Wait till the final result is announced.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by sarrki(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
Guestlander:
This should give you an idea which direction the tree is going to fall.

Not really

He said that at the last election

Eventually the tree fall on his side

Until the official results is announced

Anything is possible

9 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Guestlander: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

Not really

He said that at the last election

Eventually the tree fall on his side

Until the official results is announced

Anything is possible

I agree with you. But when a politician starts to complain about the process it is usually because it is not favoring them.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by sarrki(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
Guestlander:

I agree with you. But when a politician starts to complain about the process it is usually because it is not favoring them.

You are 100% right

33 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
seunmsg:
It is too early to cry Mr. Fayose. Wait till the final result is announced.
Tears of joy u mean,if not for rigging, it would have been another 16-0 for PDP, now PDP would manage 15-1 win.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Kingsley1000(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
CONGRATS FAYEMI

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Kingsley1000(m): 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
CRYING OVER A SPLIT MILK
FAYEMI HAS CLEARED 12LGAS

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Almaiga: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
The looser Don dey talk like Canery now, he knows he will never escape going to Jail.

23 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by BIXYBABE: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
ok
Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by alizma: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
I thought they said PDP is winning. is Fayose trying to tell us that the winning is from behind?
Make I hear the result first before I go tell Fayose watin de my mind.

17 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by madridguy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
Fayose ayam sorry for you. Parade don change so take heart grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by seunlayi(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
How I wish the apc and PdP candidates are disqualified and the Mandate giving to the 3rd in position. Who is with me on this?

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by alpha2zulu: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:
It is too early oshoko
Abi the thing don go the other way ?
When will you have sense?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by fk001(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
PDP are sore loser's

I dey pity all PDP supporters cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by babamadiba(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Cry cry baby. Empty barel. Cho Cho cho Cho Cho... That was how he made so much noise during the last election and couldn't deliver 60% vote to PDP. With all the noise and tyranny, he has lost this one again. Shame!!!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by richidinho(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by diegwu02: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Kingsley1000:
CRYING OVER A SPLIT MILK

FAYEMI HAS CLEARED 12LGAS

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by MistadeRegal(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Let's wait for the results to be announced first.
Too early to draw conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by yungpowers(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
We know
Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by fredoooooo: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Cry me a river �

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Is a normal speech Mr sarrki even deputy majority leader an apc chieftain Ibn'allah condemned the deployment of over 29000 securities to ekiti.....

So fayose message is clear and firm.....stop making it to seem is kind of early defeat or something like that....

As a governor and chief security officer of ekiti state....he just raised his concern over what might bleed anarchy and bring unrest to ekiti state.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by LastSurvivor11: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
I if only the same number of securities would be transferred to Benue, plateau or taraba it would have been better..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by godox2(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ha!Fayose it is TOO early now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by okwabayi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
It's funny how this man is painting himself as a victim in the very state he was elected to govern. If the people have a coward as a leader then who's left to protect them?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Pavore9: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
Yawns....
Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Tears of joy u mean,if not for rigging, it would have been another 16-0 for PDP, now PDP would manage 15-1 win.
lol. Even oshoko is already seeing the hand writing on the wall and you are here speaking english

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead by tammie24: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
What do you expect from APC?

Violent party

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebele Obiano: I Went To Greet Bianca Ojukwu & She Slapped Me / PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria / INEC, Actually Told Us, Results Will Be Collated Manually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.