Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State (46776 Views)

400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 NSCDC Officials In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Men Attack Immigration Boundary Camp, Kill 2 Officers (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by FriendNG: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
By Suzan Edeh

Bauchi—The management of Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi has confirmed the death of two persons killed by elephants, near Bajama village close to the reserve.

According to a statement by the Sole Administrator of Yankari Game Reserve, Habu Mamman, the incident happened on July 8, when a herd of elephants went out of the reserve through Sharam early in the morning and headed towards Bajama village.

According to the statement, “the elephants went to Gwartanbali Forest and villagers living around there got excited, came in large numbers and put the elephants in a circle, taking pictures and trying to touch them.

“Tragedy struck when the elephants got charged and scattered the crowd and the villagers ran for safety. But as a result, they pushed down a nine-year-old boy called Fa’izu Chiroma Musa who was trampled by one of the elephants and he died on the spot around 10a.m.

“The elephants went further in the forest and the onlookers followed them; unfortunately another 45-year-old man, Malam Haruna Abubakar, while trying to get a close picture of the elephants was hit by one of the elephants and he died on the spot around 4p.m.

“It took our rangers some hours to control the crowd who kept on following the elephants before they could chase back the elephants into the reserve.

“Normally the rangers are able to provide rapid intervention and chase the elephants back into the reserve when they go out but this case was difficult because the villagers were very excited and wanted to go close and touch the elephants. They said it is their first time of seeing and coming in contact with elephants.

“We visited both families of the deceased and they said that they were ignorant that elephants can be dangerous and admitted that it was their fault to get close to the animals.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/elephants-kill-2-at-yankari-game-reserve/

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Banmeallday: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
Maybe we need to use elephants against herdsmen no?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by dingbang(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Very soon, cows will start killing humans

First bank customers should click the link on my signature, I have exciting news for y'all.. Thanks
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by FriendNG: 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
May Jannatul Firdaus be their final destination.

17 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by madridguy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ameen.

FriendNG:
May Jannatul Firdaus be their final destination.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by GOFRONT(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
Haha....Something must kill a man grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by anibi9674: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
They just died in vain. Feel sorry for the child that got stampede by the elephant.

2 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by decatalyst(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
dingbang:

Everyone and everything just dey get angry at the slightest provocation.

In fact, "iyam angry right now"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Mynd44: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
Elephants 2 - Stupid Humans 0

18 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by danny56: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Cows started the Killings, Elephant just joined the wagon.....

Buhari president of them all...! sad

6 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by danny56: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
dingbang:

What are you saying?? Cows have been killing since the enthronement of Bubu...they only increase their targeted numbers.

5 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
Please the Elephant should be protected.
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Danelo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Everyone in Nigeria is angry including elephants.
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by muhammed50(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Buhari again?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by pol23: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Aboki na.
The Elephant kill the first person by 10:00 AM.
Una still dey follow am.
E killed the second person by 4:00PM,Una still dey follow am....What exactly is your problem?

38 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by LexngtonSteele: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
WTF... shocked

I saw a herd of elephants there in 2013.

I kept still and gave the smallest a bunch of bananas.

That saved my life because the matriach was right behind the calf

PS - thanks for the likes, but i lied grin. Just watched Jurassic Park &Rampage and i felt like making something up grin. Apologies to those who fell for it

8 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by LastSurvivor11: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
Very avoidable deaths..

Killed one around 10am n kill another around 4pm, where we're the game reserve officials for that long??
And to the ignorant villagers, RIP to the dead..

3 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by momodub: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
Oh no
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Blingblings(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
Even elephant don provoke...

1 Like

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by LazyNairalander(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
Some chilling be risky .

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Dandsome: 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
sad
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Lagbaja01(m): 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
I think the game reserve should be blamed and charged for poor management
Mynd44:
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by seunlayi(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Who is to be blamed? I will blame.....
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by PennywysCares(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
Terrorist elephants

2 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Bobby95(m): 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
After it killed someone they still followed the it due to exictment, which kind mumu dey worry some persons sef. Well rip to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by obembet(f): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
Em
Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by Neddyogu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
Elephants can be very dangerous. Got that orientation in Kenya. Elephants are best viewed from a distance

2 Likes

Re: Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State by marley145: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mynd44:
omo, you wicked die o, i fear from
today

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man With Four Wives Dies After Sex Romp With Concubine / Usman Buda: Mob Beats Butcher To Death Over Alleged Blasphemy In Sokoto State / I Used Dry Human Skull To Perform Ritual For Yahoo Boy – Oyo Ritualist (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.