Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead (27389 Views)

Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC / Rivers PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC, Spits Fire / Dino Melaye Defects To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Upritman(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2018
@SuanusBlog

The member representing Tai, Eleme, Oyigbo Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives, Hon.Dr.Barry Mpigi has dumped the All Progressives Congress, APC for the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Rivers State, describing the APC as dead.

Mpigi, whose official defection may not be shocking to political observers in the state has been having a long romance with the PDP and Gov.Wike in Rivers State.

Suanu's Blog had earlier reported that he was the only APC member who actively participated in the recent local government election in Rivers State despite an outright boycott of the exercise by the state chapter of the APC.

He had continued to have a more than cordial relationship with Gov.Wike which had sparked defection rumour long before now.

Suanu's Blog can authoritative report that the former strong ally of Senator Magnus Abe who is a front line APC Governorship Aspirant in Rivers State is plotting to contest the 2019 General Election under the PDP platform for Rivers South-East Senatorial District, a position currently occupied by Mr.Abe.

Hon.Mpigi who officially dumped the APC at his ward in Koroma, in Tai Local Government Area of Rivers State on Saturday was before then a member of the Reformed APC, a splinter group from the mainstream, APC.

The defection was witnessed by key members of the PDP including the local government Chairman, Dr.Jacobson Nbina, Commissioner of Works, Rt.Hon.Dum Deekor, Hon Matthew Nenubari Dike, member representing Tai at the Rivers State House of Assembly, former Nigerian Ambassador to South-Korea and Administrator of Greater Port-Harcourt City Development Authority, Amb.Desmond Akawor, and other top PDP Leaders from Eleme, Gokana and Oyigbo local government areas.

Mpigi who expressed joy at his return to his real political home, apologised to those he might have offended while he sojourned in APC and vowed to deliver the local government Areas he represents for the PDP.

"Let me state it very clear that what you're seeing here today, the membership card of PDP is a clear indicate that I'm done and have nothing to do with the dead APC.
To some of my friends here who have always been believing I will return back home to this family, it has happened today and we are about to do it in the way we used to do it.
Within a period of one week from today I will invite you all and others from my constituency and by extension Rivers Southeast to gather but for those of you who are here today I just want to say thank you.
I want to assure you all that the 93 units in Eleme, 91 units in Tai and 109 units in Oyigbo will deliver a block vote to PDP. I want to formerly apologize to some of my friends whom I may have offended during my staying on the other side, I want to let everyone know that as I have moved into PDP today, no other party can build or stand any other party secretariat in this ward, we're in charge here and will deliver all the pulling units.
His excellency Chief Barr Nyesom Wike has asked me to get 10 motorcycles to donate to all our ward chairmen in order to help them go about and preach the good works of PDP to our supporters across the wards and right after now I will deliver the bikes to them all. The governor said I can not come in without mobilizing the party leaders, we are starting from Tai today and definitely we will go round Eleme, Oyigbo and by extension we will go to the entire senatorial zone" Mpigi said.

Meanwhile, the Rivers State APC was yet to react to the defection of Hon.Mpigi and his description of the APC as dead.

Source:http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/07/apc-lawmaker-defects-to-pdp-in-rivers.html?m=1

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by HungerBAD: 6:47am On Jul 15, 2018
He will not last in Politics.

Political Prostitutes usually have a short life span in the game of numbers called politics. They are usually distrusted by the party they run to, and even if they come back to their former party, they will forever be relegated to the bottom of the scheme of things, and are never relevant again.

He should learn from Political Masters like Tinubu. When Buhari and his goons were messing Tinubu in a party he helped built, he could have left and founded another party or even decamped. But he stayed there, and fought for the right to eat from the table.

Today, he is back to being a king maker.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by mcmurphy132(m): 6:53am On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by IsaAbubakar: 6:55am On Jul 15, 2018
grin

ngeneukwenu celebrate Fayemi win and this one too cheesy

7 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Emu4life(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2018
It's only in a DREAM you tell your brother "i'm not sleeping in this room", then you go and start sleeping in the river...
Wat kind of foolish dream is this Tori olorun

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:06am On Jul 15, 2018
As you people deflect... pdp go still loan you back to apc.... You na never see anytin

5 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by deebsman1(m): 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
Bye bye to radarada

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Nicecarter: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
Buhari is Not dead oohhh If APC can manipulate The Ongoing Ekiti Election Eehhhh i don't see them losing come 2019

If you don't think so then why?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by xreal: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
That lawmaker is a looser already.

Ekiti people have decided.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by tollyboy5(m): 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
this should not be news PDP own his state undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by oyeb15: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2018
But APC has now resurrected in Ekiti. That rivers politician is still living on yesterday. Run and meet APC in Ekiti.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by KingKingKing: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2018
ok
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Lol.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by magoo10(m): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2018
The evil party must be rejected at all cost
Rivers state is PDP anyway

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by myners007: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Good move
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by asha9: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Chai..APC anaaaaaaaa cheesy
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by ruggedmallaam(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2018
That man is regretting right now

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by BiafranBushBoy: 7:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Nigeria is gone
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by obembet(f): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2018
This is why I hate Atiku...

APC = PDP... So they are all dead

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2018
Politicians smh undecided, prostitutes all of them

After their own pockets and not the welfare of the populace angry

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by ezebunafo(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2018
Ekiti has woken from its slumber.

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Yeeyo: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2018
U beta defect because the one leading APC has an out dated brain

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Badmus20(m): 7:11am On Jul 15, 2018
losers

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by lielbree: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2018
If ameachi like let him watch ekiti election 100times and deploy the best apc strategists, we will still vote pdp. What is happening in ekiti can't happen in Rivers state!

Rivers is pdp!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Sharpshooota: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2018
APC is not only dead

But buried.... It's a terrorist party with terrorist supporters

7 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by asobo: 7:14am On Jul 15, 2018
PDP have the brace up with other like minds to salvage our country from APC. Happy Sunday nairalanders.
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Righteousness89(m): 7:14am On Jul 15, 2018
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by wakaman: 7:14am On Jul 15, 2018
His political career is " dying coming" grin

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by One4me: 7:15am On Jul 15, 2018
APC has just captured one more state, and a very strategic state at that (given that 'peter the kock' is tipped to be one of their Presidential candidates and a possible President of Biafra) and someone is still saying APC is dead?

Issokay, my own be say if l hear that Fayose has disappeared like Nnamdi Cownu or that he is hiding on a boat destined for China or any other IPOP Beer-Parlour invention, l will remove all dresses like a Youth Corper.

But l hope we are not mistaking the performance of APC in local or state elections, with what will hapen to it at the National level if (nd that looks like it) it is this Patron of terrorist fulani-herdsmen is their Presidential candidate.

E go do dem like e do Mr. Clueless Jonathan in 2015

5 Likes

Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Iamgrey5(m): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2018
Apc is pdp

PDP is apc

Simple as abc

No major ideological differences
Re: APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead by Nnamdiojukwu: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2018
magoo10:
The evil party must be rejected at all cost
Rivers state is PDP anyway
Yes oooo,just as Ekiti people rejected the evil party.
Wake me up when buhari take oath of office come 2019.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rita Daniels Rallies Support For Lauretta Onochie, Decries Attacks / 34-Year-Old Yakubu Danladi Elected As Speaker, Kwara House Of Assembly / Chinese ‘Bribed Nigerian Militants For Access To Mineral Reserves’ - The Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.