Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money (17419 Views)

AY, Falz, Jim Iyke And Ramsey Nouah Hang Out On Set Of "Yoruba Demons" (Photos) / Jim Iyke, AY, Falz, Ramsey Nouah Rock Agbada In Making Of 'yoruba Demons' Movie / Ramsey Nouah And His Customized Range Rover Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by lonelydora: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
delishpot:

So you hide your BF face come dey display other people own for NL? Women sef ehn....

It's called privacy, dear. How was your day?

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by ufondunenye(f): 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Veteran Nollywood actor, Ramsey Nouah in a new interview with Kore Ogidan, has opened up on the reason why he decided to go into acting and the journey so far.

According to Ramsey Nouah, his mother didn't support his dream in the first place, but she had to succumb when she realised he wasn't ready to back out.

Read excerpts from the interview below:

Background

I was born in Costain, Lagos, where I began my early life before moving to Aguda, Surulere. I lived with my mother and half-brother. My father was never in the picture. I was very playful and I must admit, it’s rubbing off on my kids, and I’m not liking it very much.

I was also very artistically inclined. I was fascinated by comic books and drawings, although I wasn’t exactly great at that. My elementary education was at Atara Primary School, Orile Iganmu, Lagos, and for my post-elementary education, I attended Community Grammar School, Surulere.

I also got a Diploma in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos. Interestingly, my life has been a tale of grace to grass to grace. I was born with a silver spoon but shortly after, everything changed and our wealth went to zero.

This made me understand the two sides of life; living a life of plenty and a life of not even having enough to eat. As rough as the experience might have seemed, it actually helped me gain a balance in my profession as an actor; being able to comfortably switch between the roles of the prince and the pauper.

Did you always want to be an actor?

No! Even though I knew I had a dominant creative side, I was sure I was going to become a pilot or an aeronautic engineer. I was obsessed with planes, machines and gadgets that flew and I knew I had to be involved somehow; whether by actually flying them, creating them or building them so other people could fly them.

Why acting?

I needed money to take my GCE external examination and I just couldn’t get it, no matter where I went. So, I remembered that my friend had told me repeatedly that I had a gift in acting but I had never taken it seriously.

When I needed money desperately to pay for my exams, I decided to give it a try and source some money from it. In 1990, I had a cameo role and in 1991, I had a role in the series, Mega Fortunes, which aired in 1993 and lasted for just a year.

After that came the advent of home videos and it’s been a roller-coaster ride since then. I really just went into acting because I needed the money and not because I thought I could act. Over time, I realised that I had a strong passion for acting and thought to myself that acting could really just have been my calling.

Mother’s reaction over acting choice

I was already involved in acting before I decided to tell her and when I told her, she had the same angry reaction as any parent of that time would have had if their kid told them they wanted to go into acting. She asked if something was wrong with my head. Eventually, the series I acted in came on air and when all her friends began to tell her that they’d seen me on TV, she was happy with the accolades and positive reactions from people.

Effect of father’s absence in his life as a growing child

Honestly, I didn’t feel his absence. I couldn’t even tell that my dad wasn’t in the picture. That’s something that my mother would probably have been more concerned about because it would have been easier if he were there to help her in raising me.

First pay cheque

We had been filming Mega Fortunes and we didn’t get paid till about the eighth month when I finally got N1,100 (about N80 per episode). As soon as I got the money, I ran to Yaba market to buy a pair of secondhand chinos trousers, leather brass belt, black tee-shirt and moccasins.

That’s all I could buy with the money. I couldn’t even afford to get transportation back home; I walked from the market to Aguda, Surulere, but I was very happy with my purchase as it changed my wardrobe.

https://lailasnews.com/i-stumbled-into-acting-while-looking-for-gce-money-ramsey-nouah/

This your story is so confusing Biko!
Firstly, you said your were fascinated by comic books and drawing, you love writing, drawing while growing up. And you still turned around to tell us that your passion while growing up was To be a pilot or make plane and all that.
Uncle Ramsey why are you contradicting the whole thing nay shocked
Secondly, you said your purpose of going into acting is to get money for GCE, but you got the money but instead of GCE, it was now used for bend down select.
Hmmmmm angry shocked Very confusing.

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by delishpot: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
lonelydora:

It's called privacy, dear. How was your day?

Ok o. My day was fine thank you. Hope yours was perfect too?

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by Ayomideafuwape14(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
purem:
Dunno know why I like reading and hearing success stories but am not successful yet
Looool.......mad man
Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by GistFullGround: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
Who cares??

Who cares??

Who cares??

Who cares??
Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by lonelydora: 1:31am On Jul 16, 2018
delishpot:

Ok o. My day was fine thank you. Hope yours was perfect too?

Yes, dear
Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by Originalsly: 1:35am On Jul 16, 2018
ufondunenye:

This your story is so confusing Biko!
Firstly, you said your were fascinated by comic books and drawing, you love writing, drawing while growing up. And you still turned around to tell us that your passion while growing up was To be a pilot or make plane and all that.
Uncle Ramsey why are you contradicting the whole thing nay shocked
Secondly, you said your purpose of going into acting is to get money for GCE, but you got the money but instead of GCE, it was now used for bend down select.
Hmmmmm angry shocked Very confusing.

He said he was facinated by comic books and drawings....does that mean he has the passion to be an artist? He loved writing...does that mean he has the passion or wants to be an author? His passion was to be a pilot ...he said it in plain and simple English. When did he go for the acting role to raise money for GCE?...and when was he paid?

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by skytech101(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2018
Download START LEARNING WORDPRESS BY COLLINS AFAM NWUDE. Click link https://www.blog.skytechng.com/downloads/start-learning-wordpress/ to download

"Any business that doesn't have some sort presence on the internet is at a serious disadvantage, especially without an official website. While social media accounts are avenues for marketing and connecting with customers, websites are important because they establish you as professional and give your company credibility. At the very least, a website lets Google and other search engines know you exist, putting you and your business on the online map with SEO visibility." Collins A Nwude

NOTE: ITS 100% FREE..................

Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by bestower: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=greggng post=69410841]I must tell you that all that he said was correct...I once met him at iju a place in Lagos....infact he came to meet a friend....I was humbled by his simple life style. He joined us at a local remote amala Buka and he was praising the woman that cooked the soup....by then he was already acting ..he never felt too big.....you are a decent brother.
He came to live with a friend inside Alamutu estate along Iju road,I met him there ,in fact the guy was humble seriously that he invited me to join him with his friends to play basketball .God bless our hustle.
Re: Ramsey Nouah: I Stumbled Into Acting While Looking For GCE Money by greggng: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=bestower post=69426419][/quote]

You sure know him very well. That his friends father was the owner of the land where kudirat abiola estate along old akute road was built. Gov't took over the land and gave them half. I use to live at sholanke street opposite kudirat abiola estate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prince Kpokpogri Denies Being Detained By DSS (Video) / Uche Maduagwu Blasts Kemi Olunloyo For Mocking Linda Ikeji / Did Shola Ogudu Call Wizkid A Toxic Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.