Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

When Email Marketing Is Done Right. The Sportsdirect Example - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Email Marketing Is Done Right. The Sportsdirect Example (364 Views)

5 Reasons Why Network Marketing Is Important And Reasons You Should Start It NOW / Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Trading / NIMC staff: Perfect example of "Corporate Beggars?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Email Marketing Is Done Right. The Sportsdirect Example by ConnectMee: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2018
I learnt a new one today in Email Marketing.

Feeling down? Enjoy an extra 20% Off Everything On Our App”, reads the subject line from the latest newsletter I received from SportsDirect.

SportsDirect.com is one of UK’s biggest sports retailer. Yours truly enjoy shopping on the platform because of the affordability and quality of its products. (Now, I am not advertising for the brand.)

So what makes this newsletter, particularly the subject line very interesting?

Football faithful following the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia must have watched England’s hurtful defeat in the hands of Croatia last night. Knowing fully well how devoted English fans are to the game and their team, the heartbreak from yesterday’s painful loss was evident not just in England but throughout the United Kingdom as portrayed in their media.

Since we all have different ways we react to sad emotions (I personally indulge in binge shopping especially when I can afford it), the brand chooses to offer ‘succour’ to their customers by offering generous discounts on its products.

Gauging the feeling of the nation, the eggheads in SportsDirect’s Marketing department specifically latched on to the loss of the match to Croatia to ‘patriotically’ soothe the pain of its grieving British customers; creatively increase its mobile app download rate and profitably take more of its products off the shelf.

This is not the first time SportsDirect is showcasing its marketing prowess. As spontaneous as that ‘Feeling down?’ newsletter looks, I dare say that the brand had everything planned in advance.

Prior to England’s defeat last night, SportsDirect.com was going to give out free FA official t-shirts to its customers if England had won the World Cup. Like the “20% Off Everything On Our App” newsletter, the offer was made available only to customers that downloaded and registered on its mobile app.

Football (the World Cup) may not be coming home to England just yet but SportsDirect scores a hat-trick with its email marketing campaign.

http://www.elijahbalogun.com/email-marketing-done-right-sportsdirect-example/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Speaks On How Intimidating It Could Be Recording With Duncan Mighty / 5 Ways To Avoid Tiredness After Eating! / Buhari And Atiku Spokepersons Fought On Channel Tv During An Interview ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.