Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (60681 Views)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / N150 Tomato With Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by mcyemite(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
Bizibi:
I wish there is a railway from north central to the south,it will make business easy for them.we need such quantities from such a state......
i so wish too, food is really wasting over there.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by salaode(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
Really?
Yeah..i was there 2009 and it sells for #100 when we go in the evening

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by matty01: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video
This is very true, Lessel is my home town and I know what those women usually pass through in the hands of those who call themselves marketers.
I Ave witnessed them pour it on the ground and match it on several occasions.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by omoelerin1: 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
somehow:
Does it mean there are no entrepreneurs or business men in Benue that can make paste with these cheap tomatoes?

No thinkers in Benue that can set up a tomato paste factory?
Well, your opinion is right. But, the truth is that it is not feasible as you think.i
As you know the system of farming in Nigeria, which is carried out with traditional methods.
Almost all those farmers you see there are subsistent farmers that use crude implements coupled with the fact that they are solely dependent on natural rain. There is no way they will produce what a factory will need per day. Except the factory engage in cultivation of tomatoes itself.

That's why we experienced tomato scarcity in the market in 2016, when Dangote wanted to set up such factory in the north. The tomato farmers in the whole north could not even meet its need.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
I have told him about you and he has said he would like to speak with you. Please kindly drop your phone number. Thanks a lot
dlaw70:
Connect him with me and i will put him through.i will teach him about d market and can assist him in the mkt when he comes
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
Wow
salaode:
Yeah..i was there 2009 and it sells for #100 when we go in the evening
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Yinkagbo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video

Yeah, I believe her....... Cos during my NYsC days I do buy full sack of big yams at 500naira.....they will even sell at cheaper rate to thr indigene....cos they believe thr follow indigene doesn't have money as well...meaning they are at the same level.........food is nothing in benue,apart from food, bro benue na die......the first day I stepped my foot on gbagimba , guma local government, home town of thr present governor, where he has been two times local chairman,na cry I dey cry.....

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
It's no setup. I live in gboko and during tomato season in ubangaji, you can get a basket for #100, #120
It's a pity there are no factories to process the tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by bonnyhope: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
The lady is a big liar....Benue does not cultivate tomatoes and besides this is a season of tomatoe scarcity because of rainfall ...rainfall destroys it..benue gets tomatoe from plateau and is expensive now
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by bixton(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
dlaw70:
nigga ant u in Nigeria? Havnt u heard of zaki biam?

Anyways i am into yam business ,though i base here but i buy and take yam to places like calabar,Benin ,and ph.u can come c 4 ursef if u like.
People who know this place keep quiet while making so much money from here.pls just Google zaki biam bro

How good is the road to there now?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by omoelerin1: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
bonnyhope:
The lady is a big liar....Benue does not cultivate tomatoes and besides this is a season of tomatoe scarcity because of rainfall ...rainfall destroys it..benue gets tomatoe from plateau and is expensive now
Do you know a road to farm?
O gbenu e soun.

3 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by kikilove(f): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
tragergeorge:
That's a small basket though, not that normal basket we all know ooo
that small basket would cost u 2000 naira in warri with plenty abeg
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by bixton(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
Chi59:

It's no setup. I live in gboko and during tomato season in ubangaji, you can get a basket for #100, #120
It's a pity there are no factories to process the tomatoes.

How good is the road to ubangaji presently?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by twinsluv: 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
Na wa this size goes cor #1400 in my hood
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by GavelSlam: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
I've been to Lessel before.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Iphran6: 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
Avedonn:
That's a fake news.
This lady just want to trend if not, how can a basket of tomatoes goes for N150 at this period of tomato scarcity.

If it's around January/February I may believe her but not now when farmers are transplanting the seedlings.
I live in makurdi,30mins drive from the capital here is wannune in tarka local gov't where you can get a basket of tomato for 100 naira in the morning on market days and even free in the evening because the farmers sees it as a load to take back home....she is totally right
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by mechanics(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
But tomatoes are expensive now.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Beremx(f): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
I served in Benue state and food cheap die! I remember when I was about to pass out, I bought lots of food stuff back to Lagos.

I miss the state
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by somehow: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
omoelerin1:
Well, your opinion is right. But, the truth is that it is not feasible as you think.i
As you know the system of farming in Nigeria, which is carried out with traditional methods.
Almost all those farmers you see there are subsistent farmers that use crude implements coupled with the fact that they are solely dependent on natural rain. There is no way they will produce what a factory will need per day. Except the factory engage in cultivation of tomatoes itself.

That's why we experienced tomato scarcity in the market in 2016, when Dangote wanted to set up such factory in the north. The tomato farmers in the whole north could not even meet its need.

Since the land looks fertile enough for bulk tomato cultivation, why can't business men in Benue open a factory, set a farm up while combing all the ones planted by individuals for factory use?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by NASTYNASOSO: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
kulikuli45:

It true.

HMMMMMMM

GO TO KANO AND SEE IT CHEAPER
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Realhommie(m): 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
iheartellah:
Foodstuffs are actually cheap in benue o.
A friend of mine bought a basket of oranges for 150 naira at wurukum market and the oranges were very sweet!
I met a guy who said he once went for a job in Benue. And that he was thirsty of orange so he asked an indigene to help him get orange, he gave the dude #200 and the dude asked him the worth he should get him, replied "use the whole #200" thinking it won't be more than 5 at most... Guess what, the dude came back with a wheelbarrow filled with oranges.. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Flirtval: 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2018
madjam:

According to this Benue state indigene, there's a town where a whole basket of tomatoes sell for only N150. Little wonder Benue is referred to as the food basket of the nation.

More @:http://trendinghelm..com/2018/07/theres-town-in-benue-state-where-whole.html

It goes for much less than that, nothing to suprise about coz nothing cost down here, with just 50k you can start buying here and selling to other states @ more than 500% interest.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
Moderate
bixton:

How good is the road to there now?

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
I have told him about you and he has said he would like to speak with you. Please kindly drop your phone number. Thanks a lot
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by prettyjo(f): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:

I actually served in Benue so it's very true

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Dekadet(m): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
madjam:

According to this Benue state indigene, there's a town where a whole basket of tomatoes sell for only N150. Little wonder Benue is referred to as the food basket of the nation.

More @:http://trendinghelm..com/2018/07/theres-town-in-benue-state-where-whole.html

You say lessel, please go to mbatyele in Gboko LGA very close to Tarkaa LGA and u will get that basket for #50 with abeg u, buy from me, this is rainy season and as u all know tomato is highly perishable.... So those thinking it was made up to trend etc, just because u don't know or you're not aware doesn't make it false

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by iheartellah(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
Realhommie:
I met a guy who said he once went for a job in Benue. And that he was thirsty of orange so he asked an indigene to help him get orange, he gave the dude #200 and the dude asked him the worth he should get him, replied "use the whole #200" thinking it won't be more than 5 at most... Guess what, the dude came back with a wheelbarrow filled with oranges.. Lol
wow grin
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by steveco: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2018
DeBrain045:
it is true I stay in Gboko Benue state
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by 1kingwriter: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Chai!
150 for a basket of tomatoes?

Our business sense in Nigeria is not helping matters at all.
While it's unavailable here in Lagos, it's perishing down Benue.
It's totally unacceptable!

We can help create fortunes for the farmers and ourselves-lets link up.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by 1kingwriter: 12:28am On Jul 16, 2018
dlaw70:

Called but couldn't connect.
Mail - startupsnews@gmail.com
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 16, 2018
madjam:

Na probably small basket be 150
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 16, 2018
steveco:
it is true I stay in Gboko Benue state

And yet they sell 1 basket of tomato in nearby Enugu for 7000 naira
Except say na rotten tomato u de talk about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can One Eat To Get White Eyes / Suya Wrapped In Newspaper Showing Exchange Rate In 2015 / Which Of These Can You Eat? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.