Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? (43513 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna And Hubby 150k In Lagos Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by stane007: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
A Nigerian man and Twitter user @ayobankole is shaking the biggest table in Africa which is the 'table of patriarchy', as he recounted an experience in church today.

According to the man, his church's Pastor asked a question which left many men in support of patriarchy, showing their known sides with their replies. @ayobankole said the question was "If a man earns 150k in Lagos, & woman earns 750k in Kaduna, who should resign & relocate after marriage?”

Read his tweet below and replies from some men;

So my Pastor just asked men in church: “If a man earns 150k in Lagos, & woman earns 750k in Kaduna, who should resign & relocate after marriage?”. Some men insisted the woman should relocate. Na patriarchy dey cause poverty for many men oo!

Imagine make person open him eye see poverty korokoro, & you use leg waka inside because of ego. I felt like slapping the man beside me that raised his hand in support of woman relocating. Oshi o da! Tscheeww

Ayeeee!!! What a sunday! Some men are legit in my mentions defending why the woman should resign because “it is a natural order for the man to give”. Ogun kill nature, Ogun kill order, Ogun kill giving. What is wrong with receiving??

From some men’s reactions to this tweet,I see a huge problem. Men think that it’s just being solely financially responsible in the home that earns a woman’s respect.They also think a wife earning more than them is a problem. Myopic thinking. This isn’t theory,I’ve seen it happen.

I know countless men that have left their jobs to relocate to meet their wives, because their wives had a better life. They eventually caught up, because they had the competence & intellectual acumen. Don’t stick your family in poverty cos of ego. It’s stupid.

A woman will default to you if she knows you are superior intellectually & emotionally, & more importantly, if she knows you are responsible and have her back. If your wife earns 5x more, it creates room for you to chase your dreams, & vice versa. Don’t be trapped in patriarchy.

What really matters is understanding, love, & your own capabilities & behavioural patterns as a man. All of these ofcourse should have been established before marrying. But always remember, it’s not only the money - you can have more money & wifey still disrespects you.

https://lailasnews.com/patriarchy-causes-poverty-for-most-men-nigerian-man-shakes-biggest-table-in-africa/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by pocohantas(f): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
Alpha males won't like this grin

They are on their way to counter and tell us how women abuse power. See them coming...

243 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
Men think that it’s just being solely financially responsible in the home that earns a woman’s respect.They also think a wife earning more than them is a problem.

Team small Johnson live by this mantra grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by donstan18: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
A normal man with working brain will relocate if his wife earns 750k when he's earning 150k.

But a wise man with so much wisdom will ask the following questions before deciding what to do.

>Who is my wife?
>Is she dominant and self-centered?
>Will she rub it to my face?
>How comfortable am I with my financial level?
>Is she disrespectful or understanding?
>What are the possibilities that her attitude will change?

If you can give yourself answers to these questions, you'll be able to decide. Because it'll be a mistake to take such decision with a wrong woman.

But wait ooo..…Where are the wives earning 750k while their husbands earns 150k, grin Are they Nigerians? Or are they from Croatia? Too much assumptions in this country, grin

451 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by delugajackson: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Women don't take care of men. A man is supposed to be the most dominant gender, to protect and to provide for his home. It's okay to help, but women should know the difference between helping and a motherfúcker taking advantage. But I'm not in support of this, cause the moment a woman offers you anything, she expects double in return.

And the fact is, women are more accountable than men. A woman will remember every little thing she has ever done for a man, while a man would care less. A little night of misunderstanding will blow the box open, and all the neighbours will hear the numerous tales of her financial support, making the man look weak and helpless!

A man has to be firm and decisive and not to ever depend on a woman at any point, and at any period. You may see it as meaningless pride but it's just the way it should be. You call it ego, I call it dominance.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2018
IMO, it's also irresponsible to leave your job to join your wife. Two salaries are still better than one. If we got bills to pay, there's no reason for anyone to leave their job to join the other just for cuddles. Sorry but to me that's emotional thinking. Unless you got a job lined up with a better salary, otherwise stay where you are! We'll make time for each other when both our schedules permit it. With less money coming in, you might end up fighting over finances anyway.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by omooba969(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
I have already relocated to join my very own ibkkk. grin

No time! grin cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Their choice!
Common sense is not truly common!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Benblaq(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Had it been couples were faithful to each other, what would have led to this rubbish?
On a normal day, they can still be working and be visiting each other regularly.

IF THE MAN QUIT HIM WORK, HIM DON TURN USELESS LAZY MAN TO HIM WIFE, BIBLE GO CALL AM INFIDEL

IF THE WIFE THROW AWAY 750K JOB, NA MUMU KNOCKED BRAIN DEY DO HER.

33 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by fiercehillz(m): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
Bros resign, package your belongings, hire bus, learn some basic Hausa, sew some caftan, call your wife, tell her you are coming to join her, and finally, dust your CV for a new job in Kaduna. If the job doesn't come on time, start a business biko.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
ibkayee:

When I scrolled down and saw the pic on top the already funny comment, I lost it buahahaha grin
LOL, I know them na.

I won't even advise my husband to resign in such scenario, because it is not something I see myself doing easily. There are so many things that should be considered, not just the difference in their pay.

Lagos has more job opportunities, probably 'safer'... So, I think it is a better option. The relocation doesn't have to be immediate.

He made other points that I strongly agree with.

7 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin

like d woman will agree to spend. Women stingy die

13 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by stefanjaeger: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
What kind of question is this? The man should better drop his resignation letter tomorrow. That is N9m to N1.8m. Though I don't normally believe all these twitter bullshit.

9 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by brixton: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
The man but he has to look for a job in kaduna

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by ibkayee(f): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:
Alpha males won't like this grin

They are on their way to counter and tell us how women abuse power. See them coming...
When I scrolled down and saw the pic on top the already funny comment, I lost it buahahaha grin

7 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by ZACHIE: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
Wished the answers were that straight forward. Unfortunately.they are not
. More information is needed. What's the nature of the Lagos job? Are there sideshow?,
Where is the business location of the Kaduna office?, is it in an area susceptible to riots?
What manner of WIFE?

2 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by deebsman1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
The obvious is clearly stated, Kaduna here I come

2 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Fesomu(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
Which kind foolish question be this? Okay let me be as foolish as the question... The woman

3 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Lionesss: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
What kind of Question is this? Isn't the answer answer obvious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by wildcatter23(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
Plain simple Oga resigns and becomes a live in husband plus home maker

2 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Cladez(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
Although women tend to abuse power whenever they have the upper hand.
But in this case the man should jejely relocated.

This is a thin line between poverty and wealth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Gerrard59(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
The man should resign, it's the most logical decision to be taken. But then, Twitter lies are outrageous. Apart from international NGOs, what kind of jobs pay 750K in Kaduna? That's more than a million naira job in Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
ok
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Bossontop(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
undecided
150k to 750k.........ah wee resign oo since i know mysef very well dat i will make sure i marry a very good and respectful wife and there will be no issues.....no time ooo
As pesin don talk "ogun kill nature there"

10 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by silas24(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
Neither they're should both work and manage the long distance relationship. Every penny is important in Naija thanks to Buhari. So unless you're a herdsman with no value for anything but cow you better keep your jobs. You and your wife both

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by allanphash7(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
Why would ask this sillly question

Ain't an enemy of progress

I resign straight without an option of dialogue

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by ybalogs(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
His 150k in Lagos is not even enough in Lagos meanwhile the 150k in Kaduna is still manageable. Won't still advice the hubby to resign though unless something comes up in Kaduna.

8 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Teewhy2: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Is the man the breadwinner, so why should the woman relocate, the man better relocate sharp sharp and if he no see job for there that will pay him up to 3/4 of his wife salary, he should look for the one that will give him time to enable him help the woman with some home duties.

4 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by mysteriousman(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Elayi gidi gan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.