Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Child Torture: Mother Abandons Child After Scarring Face With Blade - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Torture: Mother Abandons Child After Scarring Face With Blade (408 Views)

Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22 Years Of Waiting / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Child Torture: Mother Abandons Child After Scarring Face With Blade by UnbrokenChords: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
Some days ago, someone confided a picture with me and made me promise it won’t surface online, I agreed just to have a glimpse of it.

In the picture, a young boy about the age of ten. This boy had some stitches on the side of his face. From his beard line down to his chin, it was freshly stitched together. I felt sorry for the young guy and asked why he had such a massive wound in such a place.

“I got this picture from the Nurse who treated him and according to the Nurse, a neighbour brought him to be treated after the mother of the young boy used a razor blade to cut the boy so deeply in the face because he supposedly gave some goods from her sales to his friend.”
My stomach twitched at this statement “and his mother wasn’t responsible enough to take the child for proper treatment?”

“The neighbour said she had sworn over her dead body to not take care of the boy and despite the profuse bleeding, she left the boy all by himself in his pool of blood and in pains” She further explained as she closed her photo gallery.

There has been the belief that Child Domestic Abuse is only done by aunties, uncles, and ogas(those living as a maid with someone not related to them), but what we see now is the direct opposite of this.

A Mother beating her child to pulp and a Father beating his child to an unconscious state. That isn’t enough, some go far as using a hot pressing iron or a hot knife to discipline them leaving a wound that would turn into a large scar that will forever be visible.

Each parent was at a time a kid and maybe even experienced something near to that, it shouldn’t give them the effontry to carry on that negative imprint with a child.

It’s true that our culture and religion supports spanking a child, but there is a great difference between spanking and inflicting damage.
Imagine the incident with this young boy, as he is growing older, he gets to see the scar boldly carved out on his face and no amount of disguise can cover it up. He looks on at it every day and instead of feeling ‘sorry’ for his mom accusations, he will become resentful and arrogant.
What about the shame of having such a scar on his face amidst his peers?

What will he tell his children is the cause of the massive scar on their daddy’s face?
If ever he mentions grandma as the cause, how will those children see their grandma forever?

There is a place of discipline with every child. We don’t need to go overboard just to drive our points home to the young ones.
We don’t have to scar a child just so he would know his actions are wrong.

There are many books out there on children temperament and how to set a positive pace of discipline for children.
Children shouldn’t be insecure under their parents. They shouldn’t be insecure in anyway or place, but since the parents are the sole protector of a child’s right, every child should see their parents as safe havens.

Enough of having a dysfunctional adult all because they were broken as a child. We need a society were sanity and uprightness will be the main lifestyle in it.

No matter what your child does, always remember that you were once a child and you might have done worse than that.
Children are a responsibility put in our care by God. Someday He will ask how you managed the responsibility in your care. What would your response be?

Let’s treat every child right!

Source: http://www.unbrokenchords.com/child-torture-mother-abandons-child-after-scarring-face-with-blade/

(1) (Reply)

WANTED: People With Heart For Humanity / Help!!! I Always See Or Feel The Presence Of My Late Dad In My Dreams / Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.