Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea (15614 Views)

How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not / Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by cooljude(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2018
fr3do:

Nna you na james bond o

I took real coordination to survive that, I bet it's a life changing experience.

You no wetin b lie if you see am
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by fr3do(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:

grin. I stole it out of View to a Kill, a James Bond film.

Was simply testing my novel-writing skills, don't mind me grin

Real mature!

There must be a nairalander that has had this encounter.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by MartinCorridon: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2018
fr3do:

Real mature!

There must be a nairalander that has had this encounter.

i did nah
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by Kharol1234: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2018
maxtop:
If the water na Majidun nko ?
if na majidun d pesin die dere
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by muzari: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2018
THE TOPIC IS VERY IMPORTANT, BUT POOR, MISLEADING AND HAZARDOUS WRITE UP.
NEVER NEVER FORCE YOUR WINDOW OPEN OR BRAKE IT, IF YOU DO, THE FORCE OF WATER INFLOW WILL PUSH YOU BACK AND YOU CAN NEVER OVERCOME IT.
AS FOR THE DOOR, IT WON'T OPEN AND YOU'LL END UP USING YOUR REMAINING ENERGY THERE.

1. IF THE CLASS BREAK DUE TO IMPACT OR THE WINDOWS WERE OPENED BEFORE THE ACCIDENT AND WATER IS ALREADY IN JUST AFTER THE ACCIDENT, IT'S 50/50 CHANCE, DON'T BE RECEIVED.
*Remain calm, hold your nostrils till water settle in the car in less 10 second then climb the car, car doesn't submerged immediately no matter what, it takes average of 5minutes after accident before submerging.

2. IF WINDOWS ARE CLOSED AND NO BREAKAGES, YOU HAVE BETTER CHANCE OF SURVIVING.
* Calm down and please don't rush, wait until the car is stable, check for where you see ray of light, that's the place facing up and not cover by water, in most cases is the backside because of the weight of car engine that must have pulled the front side down, move towards there and break the screen from the side, make access stay on top or swim away to safety.

Make life jacket and hammer one the items to be in your car always

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by fr3do(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:

i did nah

Yeah on set of a view to kill cheesy
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by front4line: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2018
SexySapphire:
Panic attack is something sure that will hit anyone in such situation cos no one wants die, but I pray and hope for anyone that encounter such that God will give them a little bit of calmness to weather the storm.

By the way, I also need to learn how to swim, but my fear of water entering my ears won't let me cry

Water won’t enter your ear when you swim.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2018
Donald3d:
There was a recent accident along Lagos-Benin road where a vehicle plunged into a river and led to loss of lives. As much as no one prays to be in such a situation, it’s good to be ready in the event that such happens.

Let’s learn how we can survive a situation where a vehicle is sinking into a river or sea, or any large body of water.

1.Learn how to swim, it should be a basic skill, your life might depend on it one day. Prepare for it !.

2.When the car is thrown into the air , moving towards the body of water, brace for impact. Hold on to something. Your steering wheel would suffice, hold it at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions.

3.Bear in mind that every second counts to ensure you come out alive .I am tempted to tell you to remain calm, but the truth is you just have to try to remain calm in that situation, no matter how hard it is . According to experts, panic is one of the major reasons why people drown because they can’t think straight.

4.The first thing you should do is, put your phone in your pocket immediately the vehicle lands in the water, unbuckle your seatbelt roll down the windows and crawl out through the windows and swim to safety. ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE DOOR JUST ONCE. IF IT DOESN’T OPEN FORGET IT AND FOCUS ON THE WINDOWS, IT WON’T OPEN BECAUSE OF THE PRESSURE, AND IT WOULD FURTHER WASTE YOUR TIME, ENERGY AND OXYGEN, WHICH YOU REALLY NEED. REMEMBER EVERY SECOND COUNTS

5.If the window refused to open/roll down , the next step is to break it. Get a hard sharp object and break the edges/ the corners of the window, those are the weakest points .If you don’t have any sharp object, remove the head rest of your seat and use the metal part to break the four corners of the windows. If you can’t get any object, you would have to use your elbow or fist to break it.

6.If you have kids in the car, make sure they go out before you do.Make sure you hold them tight, the water current might be too strong for them.

7.If you can’t exit through the window for some reasons, wait for the car to fill up with water, then open the door, the pressure would have balanced. Once you open the door, you should see bubbles, swim in the direction of the bubbles.

8.As soon as you are out, you might still be able to use your phone to place a call to emergency lines, 112 and 767

Stay safe
Kindly share this, you might be saving someone's life

Written By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/how-to-survive-if-your-vehicle-sinking-into-a-river-or-sea/

Seriously learn how to swim how as d accident dey happen ni

If the car is in the air how do i still move towards water am not understanding

I should hold the steering at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock na two steering they d car

Phone in pocket thats nice shey na water resist phone
Cause omo dat pone go blind
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2018
how to survive if you vehicle is sinking in the River?

Don't Drive your vehicle in the River, it's not A boat or ship.

Always drive on the Road. your vehicle is not meant to walk on water it's not Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2018
Ekikor:
Very informative..
Though we don't pray to be involved in such accidents but how many people can even swim in this our obodo Nigeria and how many would even bother to take swimming lessons grin grin
That's more reason you have to learn, as for me I learn how to swim when I was in my Home town Orogun, Ughelli Delta State. We dey baff for bridge that year nor be small
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Happened to me once in Bayelsa.

It was raining and the road was slippery, i was rushing home after work. My car went into the river and i felt the icy darkness of the water engulf me...

I broke the window with my elbow (was wearing a suit)

Swam to the back tyre and removed the top of the tyre tubing, i took 2-5 puffs of the tyre air and then trying not to panick, i swam to the surface.

Luckily i was rescued shivering with my teeth chattering, by some nearby fishermen who saw the car plunge under.

It was a CLOSE SHAVE

I need noone to tell me this a lie cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by naturefellow(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2018
Nice one autojosh!!!
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by boyjo: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2018
When you`re still mid air heading for the waters, open the car door down.
Above all be calm and think straight.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
skyhighweb:

Seriously learn how to swim how as d accident dey happen ni

If the car is in the air how do i still move towards water am not understanding

I should hold the steering at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock na two steering they d car

Phone in pocket thats nice shey na water resist phone
Cause omo dat pone go blind

Chai. you be Mumu sha

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
kingJoya:

Chai. you be Mumu sha
same thing ur mum said wen i missed d main hole n went for d tight 1, what can i say i like tight stuff.

Say me hi to her, ok kid.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
skyhighweb:
same thing ur mum said wen i missed d main hole n went for d tight 1, what can i say i like tight stuff.

Say me hi to her, ok kid.

� it's really true then. Mumu spotted.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
kingJoya:

� it's really true then. Mumu spotted.
i agree kid, but dis mumu got ur mum screaming alot in bed.

Wink
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:
i agree kid, but dis mumu got ur mum screaming alot in bed.

Wink
� your statements keep confirming it. Mumu spotted �
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2018
kingJoya:
� your statements keep confirming it. Mumu spotted �
Well aint arguing with ya na. U mum even knows Ur dad knows That there 16 yr old son will amount to nothing in life.
Any way had a nice time with ur mum that asss of hers damn, dont tell dad.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:

Well aint arguing with ya na. U mum even knows Ur dad knows That there 16 yr old son will amount to nothing in life.
Any way had a nice time with ur mum that asss of hers damn, dont tell dad.
wow. more confirmation � Mumu spotted �
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
kingJoya:
wow. more confirmation � Mumu spotted �
more son of a ho spotted
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:
more son of a ho spotted
lol more and more confirmation. why bro? Mumu spotted. AGAIN
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
kingJoya:

lol more and more confirmation. why bro? Mumu spotted. AGAIN
hahahaa retarded spotted got blame ur dad for wasting cum
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by lakefist(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ekikor:

Chief, most of us a working our asses out just to put food on the table.. Taking swimming classes is a sign of accomplishment and "big manism" grin grin grin..

There's no time for such

Out of my busy schedule i took out time to learn how to swim. It didnt take me 6 classes before i can float on water.

No excuse! Weekend is there go and learn.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by lakefist(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
InfinixMine:
Please who knows where one can learn how to swim... Thanks in advance.

If ure in Ibadan i can link u with my instructor.
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by lakefist(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
tafabaloo:
Thumbs up !

I think i need some lessons on swimming.

You need it
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:
lol Mumu spotted!! again and he is legendary. �
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:
wow wow Mumu spotted again and again �
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by skyhighweb(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
kingJoya:

lol Mumu spotted!! again and he is legendary. �

Omg d retard knows how to spell in deed this is a legendary discovery, hey retard can u spell yr name
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by InfinixMine: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
lakefist:

If ure in Ibadan i can link u with my instructor.
I'm in Lagos
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by kingJoya(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
skyhighweb:

Omg d retard knows how to spell in deed this is a legendary discovery, hey retard can u spell yr name
lol Mumu spotted again...and again � wow
Re: How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea by lakefist(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
InfinixMine:

I'm in Lagos

Let me drop his contact he do shuffle between Ibadan and Lagos. He can link you up with his colleague in Lagos.

You won't regret it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes-benz Atego 1725 Firefighting Truck Unveiled In Nigeria (photos) / Camry 2.2 Lovers Lounge! Come In / Production Version Of Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Concept Car Will Be Called "ONE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.