Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns (34602 Views)

Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC / Temitayo Abayomi Lawal Battles Cancer Of The Muscles, Needs N4m / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by correctbae: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nigerian Doctor took to his twitter handle to warn people of the danger of eating old Groundnuts. According to his tweet, it causes cancer of the liver.

Read full tweets;

I'm just here to remind you that eating old groundnuts can give you cancer of the liver
#aprokodoctor
Old groundnuts contain aflatoxin that causes liver cancer. This toxin is produced by a fungus that infects old improperly stored groundnuts.
Don't let your village people win.
Throw that ancestral groundnut away.
Groundnuts should be stored in airtight containers.
Preferably in the refrigerator with constant electricity for about 3 months.
But as we no dey get light like that...
The moment something feels wrong about it. Discard

Read Also: “I Love Davido, He’s A Sweet Boy” – Wizkid’s Baby Mama Says
https://correct.com.ng/i-love-davido-hes-a-sweet-boy-wizkids-baby-mama-says/

3 Shares

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ibori1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
grin

u lie, carry ur cancer story to the moon

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
What doesn't cause Cancer nowadays... Even too much sleeping is cancer related

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by dominique(f): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
This Twitter doctor sounds like a quack to me

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by looseweight: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
This where this medical students got it wrong. Its not a matter of old groundnuts containing aflatoxin. There is also a high probability of freshly harvested groundnuts to be contaminated with afflatoxin. Also its the metabolic products of aflatoxin that can can cause liver cancer. In fact, I do prescribe eating of groundnuts and water melon for my clients challenged with erectile dysfunction. The only care is to ensure that you consume groundnuts free dyscoloration

22 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Kendumazy(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ahn Ahn. We should stop eating this, stop eating that. Na which one we wan come eat. I cover my own body with the blood of Jesus ohhh.

Cheap s7 edge. Check my signature

5 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by gaetano: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
"Ordinary groundnut ke, tomorrow you will tell me toomuch fụcking of chioma's puzzy will give me prostate cancer"

40 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
This Twitter doctor sounds like a quack to me

Because he's a fine boy or because he said village people?

4 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by tofolo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
something must kill a man. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Giddymoney(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
Story wey don trend pass for twitter, na now e reach nairaland
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by inoki247: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
someone cannot eat in peace again What of doz Brick Layers dat eat with Cement in dere Hand what type of Cancer will dey Develop...

13 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
What does not cause cancer these days...old boxers?

1 Like

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Optimistdude: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
What about Auchi groundnut?

3 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by sammirano: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
kallmemrB:
What doesn't cause Cancer nowadays... Even too much boobs sucking is cancer related

Too much of everything is bad.

1 Like

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by elyte89: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
No b only cancer of d liver

Na cancer of d teeth grin
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Atikusadvocate: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lol
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by lokito: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
So what will I use to soak garri? Guguru

4 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Ledford: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
something must kill man
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Centcanada: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
Nothing when we no go day fear for this country
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Opinionated: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lobatan

You can try these healthy foods for your appetite then.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Opiletool(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
if someone wants to follow every damn instructions from doctors, one might not be eating anything anymore.

12 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by GOFRONT(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
See this Slay Doctor don com again.......wan stop awon boyz from eating Gnut
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
kallmemrB:
What doesn't cause Cancer nowadays... Even too much boobs sucking is cancer related
Oh wow...we were typing the same comment.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Na today abeg make I go buy groundnut from iya skurat.. d kind. Garri wey I go soak dis afternoon.. grin angry

3 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by kolafolabi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
U for tell us make we no eat anything again

2 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Uzoigwe1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Well, our fathers ate those groundnuts and nothing happened to them. why all the restrictions now?
Anyways, person wey go die go still die

1 Like

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by chuckcy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
correctbae:
Nigerian Doctor took to his twitter handle to warn people of the danger of eating old Groundnuts. According to his tweet, it causes cancer of the liver.

Read full tweets;

I'm just here to remind you that eating old groundnuts can give you cancer of the liver
#aprokodoctor
Old groundnuts contain aflatoxin that causes liver cancer. This toxin is produced by a fungus that infects old improperly stored groundnuts.
Don't let your village people win.
Throw that ancestral groundnut away.
Groundnuts should be stored in airtight containers.
Preferably in the refrigerator with constant electricity for about 3 months.
But as we no dey get light like that...
The moment something feels wrong about it. Discard

Read Also: “I Love Davido, He’s A Sweet Boy” – Wizkid’s Baby Mama Says
https://correct.com.ng/i-love-davido-hes-a-sweet-boy-wizkids-baby-mama-says/
quackery doctors everywhere
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by neolboy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Noted
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by principal21(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
you sure say no be expo and exam runs this twitter doctor take pass biology for sec school so!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Do we really have a doctor in Nigeria.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by mikaael(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
And I have 6 months old groundnut in my Owz...I can't trow it away o cos na money I take buy am...Thank God i have two Livers..if one stops.anoda will tk over
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by phase1: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
The way some 'doctors' give verdicts without sound evidence-based research befuddles me.
You don't just open your mouth and give medical verdicts without choosing your words carefully.

Yes we know that Aflatoxin can be produced in old food, herbal and even old fruits (not just in groundnut). We know aflatoxin may cause liver issues but the question is- at what dosage? Is the dosage found in 2 or 3 packs of groundnut enough to cause the liver cancer? What is LD50 of aflatoxin and what dosage is required to cause liver cancer and other forms of hepato-pathologies? Etc.

If he had said that 'Those who eat old groundnuts stand the RISK of having liver issues because it may contain Aflatoxins' it would have been undertandable.
But to give a 'gavel-sounding' verdict that 'Eating old groundnuts gives you liver cancer' sounds nonsensical in the ears of a trained Scientist. Sounded very illiterate.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Jack Ma Sends 2nd Batch Of Medical Supplies To Nigeria, Others / Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field / 22-Year-Old Arabic Student Commits Suicide In Kwara Because God Failed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.