Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. (3814 Views)

The First Pictures I Took When I Arrived In Brazil(photos) / Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State / I Arrived At Lithuania Yesterday, Any Nigerians At Vilnius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by geoinvestor(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Yesterday was the first time I crossed the river Niger bridge to eastern Nigeria, I have always been exploring western and northern Nigeria.

The states I have visited from yesterday are Anambra (Onitsha, Awka), Enugu and Ebonyi. These states are so beautiful and their roads are good( No much pothholes) . They are no much touts and I haven't seen any SARS around. Also, I haven't seen any mad person or beggar on the street.

In Enugu, the roads are quiet and peaceful with lots of trees and their houses are very beautiful. I think they are more developed neighbourhood than underdeveloped neighbourhood. Transportation is easy to get.

Onitsha is like Lagos, very busy. After crossing the river Niger, all you see are commercial areas. They are lots of pedestrian bridges in Onitsha, like Lagos.

There are lots of construction going on in Abakailiki (especially along the road linking Enugu and Abakailki). The city is not that crowded and their roads are okay.

Awka, the capital of Anambra is also beautiful. They are lots of flyovers.

The governors of these States are really trying. If this region eventually become a nation with it own jurisdiction, they are going to be lots of development and I'm sure they are going to elevate from a third world nation within 10yrs.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Martartins(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Well said

6 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
OP u will live long for saying a plain truth......

God bless and bless ur forefathers.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by thatigboman: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks Op. Enugu is really beautiful.

10 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
It is not rocket science.

Those who haven't visited would only fetch pictures from Google to troll.

I am not Ibo; but after staying in the east, you can see the change in my MONIKER.

I love Eastern Nigeria!!!

9 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

I am not Ibo; but after staying in the east, you can see the change in my MONIKER.

Seriously.......unbelievable,........

and u have that moniker......is lie....i can't believe u...
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by hisgrace090: 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
God remain in the business of helping the helpless.

To God be the glory.
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
Enugu-onitsha high way at night

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
I keep telling my people...if u want an independent nation, stop chasing all south south and only chase the igbo speaking parts of south south. With igboland intact and secured, the igbos can seek self rule from nigeria and achieve it faster than attaching all south south.

Cities in Igboland are

Port harcourt (ikwerre-Igbo) - largest Igbo city
Onitsha (onicha ado)
Aba (Ngwa Igbo)
Enugu (waawa igbo) - capital of Igboland
Owerri
Asaba (Anioma igbo)
Abakaliki
Umuahia
Nsukka

4 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by ukukaegbu(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is the obvious truth
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Homeboiy: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
I feel like returning back to my state
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Spiff20(m): 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

so where are you from?
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by BiafranBushBoy: 5:05am On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I didn't write for you to believe. I just told you something that is true.
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by hopeforcharles(m): 5:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Igbo boi to the core that is my choice for ever.

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by 1shortblackboy: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2018
selemempe:
I keep telling my people...if u want an independent nation, stop chasing all south south and only chase the igbo speaking parts of south south. With igboland intact and secured, the igbos can seek self rule from nigeria and achieve it faster than attaching all south south.

Cities in Igboland are

Port harcourt (ikwerre-Igbo) - largest Igbo city
Onitsha (onicha ado)
Aba (Ngwa Igbo)
Enugu (waawa igbo) - capital of Igboland
Owerri
Asaba (Anioma igbo)
Abakaliki
Umuahia
Nsukka
oga the problem with that ur list........... Port Harcourt

2 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

I didn't write for you to believe. I just told you something that is true.
so where u from?
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Holocene(m): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

so where u from?
He is from Wakanda grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Holocene:
He is from Wakanda grin grin grin grin grin grin

lolzzzzzz
I waka come
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by BiafranBushBoy: 7:23am On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

so where u from?

Just know that I am not from the south east. Where I am from doesn't matter now.

I am not a south Easterner.

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Just know that I am not from the south east. Where I am from doesn't matter now.

I am not a south Easterner.

hmmmmm

why not feel to give us answer
an adage says there are brothers in distant land
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Ttipsy(f): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
you didn't come to Owerri. that city is also Wow!
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
1shortblackboy:
who owns port harcourt then?

2 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by peacengine(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
selemempe:
who owns port harcourt then?

Definitely not Igbo. Rivers people don't see themselves as Igbo except Aniomas(a small tribe in Rivers) they aint the owners of Port Harcourt.
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
peacengine:

Definitely not Igbo. Rivers people don't see themselves as Igbo except Aniomas(a small tribe in Rivers) they aint the owners of Port Harcourt.
well...they speak igbo dont they? And since we didnt colonise them, we can say this...if we share the same mother tongue and culture...then we belong together.

If ikwere like let them see themselves as kanuris or british...if nigeria breaks up ikwereland is coming to igbos. Ikwere ppl should be ready to kill every igboman b4 we allow them join a proposed niger delta republic.

Hwever under one nigeria they are free to claim anything sha

3 Likes

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by 1shortblackboy: 12:08am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
well...they speak igbo dont they? And since we didnt colonise them, we can say this...if we share the same mother tongue and culture...then we belong together.

If ikwere like let them see themselves as kanuris or british...if nigeria breaks up ikwereland is coming to igbos. Ikwere ppl should be ready to kill every igboman b4 we allow them join a proposed niger delta republic.

so u will force them to join Biafra without their consent just like u guys claim u were put in Nigeria without ur consent. and then u will have thesame problems u have in Nigeria in biafra
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2018
1shortblackboy:
so u will force them to join Biafra without their consent just like u guys claim u were put in Nigeria without ur consent. and then u will have thesame problems u have in Nigeria in biafra
we never claimed we were force to join Nigeria.

The british gave great autonomy to the 3 regions in the Macpherson Constitution. Lagos was basically responsible for a few exclusive items...while the regions were powerful. That was the nigeria all of us signed up for.

The coup of 66 however led to the ethnic cleansing of poor igbo traders in the north who were not consulted b4 Nzeogwu started killing people. Poor traders who are only ironsi's kin by name. What was worse...gowon claimed he should not be blamed for the killings...just as buhari says he is not to be blamed for the crisis in middle belt.
That was how biafra became an option. And then the north immidiately changed our consititution to wat will favour them.

On the case of ikwerres. They are an igboid group who benefited from the coal trade. There was already a port in calaba...but because the british wanted the largest tribe of the east (the igbos) to dominate in the region, they decided to build a port city in igboland for export of coal from enugu. That was how ph came about. Then the diobu chiefs didnt say they were not igbo. During the regional govt, the ikweres never said they were not igbo...why do u think we would take them serious now.

Let me ask u...if nigeria breaks up and lagos refuse to join Yoruba land and opt to go it alone...do u think every Yoruba man will not pick up arms and fight them?

Look it one thing for a clear ethni group like ibibio to say they dont want to be part of biafra...and its another thing for an igbo-speaking community to say they dont want to be part of igboland.

Bro na there all of us go die o. Anyway i trust Aba boys...they will gladly start the revolution to recover p.h if nigeria ever breaks up

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 1:33am On Jul 18, 2018
Juliusmalema:

even though it sound too good to be true but there are indeed many ss guys especially calabar side minus ijaw who love biafra but to have a moniker is rare
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 1:37am On Jul 18, 2018
Homeboiy:
I feel like returning back to my state
AND you dared to call your own people ritualists in that missing girl thread ? feel sorry

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 1:39am On Jul 18, 2018
1shortblackboy:
you got any proof

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 1:46am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:

sucker punch the last line defines the politics of ss nigeria just wait till you hear a referendum bell ringing then you will know that all political south souht are more biafra than igbo. until then everyone is free to be very stupid in the ss.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa / Dana Air Gets IATA Membership After Admission Into Global Safety Registry. / Master-planned Cities: Is Abuja Really A Well-planned City To Your Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.