Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? (1094 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? / Is Senwei And Elepaq Generators The Same? / How Do Nigerians Create Onlyfans Account When They Do Not Support Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by okwabayi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is something I have noticed but never ask to avoid unknowingly embarrassing my hosts. Everywhere I go it's always the same time: on by 06:30/ 07:00 pm and put off by 02:00 am, latest 02:30 am.

Is it to conserve fuel or any other specific reason?
A relative of mine suggested it's done because at 02:00 am dew starts to form hence the environment gets to its coolest point of the day. There is no way I can know or confirm, my room always has locked windows and when in my house I leave the generator on till the next day.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
So that Edo Witches can start their work!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by okwabayi(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ukoma9:
[s]So that Edo Witches can start their work![/s]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
I let run until the next day on few occasion cos there's always power in my area all night.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by Pengician(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
And you felt you have said something here?
Go and work on your mental faculty.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by kingviny: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
* Are you looking for an inverter battery that would last over 4 years ?

* Are you looking for a battery that you can fast charge because of the few hours of power supply you get from PHCN daily?

* Are you looking for a relatively cheap battery compared to other inverter batteries?

THEN GIVE TUBULAR BATTERIES A TRY!!!

Other batteries can only last for 2 years max (depreciating quarterly) and then you will have to change them again.

You cant fast charge other batteries, if you do, it will generate heat which will speedily damage your batteries.

Our MERCURY TUBULAR BATTERY last longer and you can fast charge it. The cost is the same as that of other inverter batteries, hence the money you will use for buying a tubular battery is technically half of what you will eventually spend buying other batteries as you will have to replace them at least twice while your tubular battery will still be working for you.

If you don't want to be kobo wise and naira naive, then you need to go for this new battery technology asap!

TUBULAR BATTERY COST :- N109,950 ( it is 220ah in capacity which makes it higher than other batteries rated 200ah meaning extra hours of power supply)

FOR DETAILS/ORDER PLACEMENT, PLEASE CALL :- 07081516945 , 08109946200 (MOMENTUM VINAY TECHNOLOGIES, LAGOS)

TUBULAR INVERTER BATTERIES ... RUGGED AND LONG LASTING!

WITH THIS, YOU DON'T NEED TO DISTURB YOUR NEIGHBOURS WITH YOUR GENERATOR NOISE. A GOOD INVERTER AND A TUBULAR BATTERY IS ALL YOU NEED.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by meobizy(f): 8:04am On May 16, 2020
It’s funny how the off topic comments still remained. SMH.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by alphaNomega: 10:01am On May 16, 2020
Like this post if you are a Nigerian and you don't put off your generator by 2am

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Put Off Their Generators By 02:00 Am? by finallybusy: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2023
One can never find answers on Nairaland. Forum full of ignorant children.

(1) (Reply)

The Indomie Generation Would Never Understand / Kur Mohammed (army) Day Secondary School, Bama, Borno State, (photo) / What Does Spor Mean In Turkish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.