Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware (29659 Views)

3 Facebook Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Existed / Five Features You Must Disable On New Smartphones / 5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by akeentech(m): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2018
Facebook is a company who is continually experimenting and including new features.

Whether it’s introducing enormous changes for example replacing your wall with timeline or small changes like changing the icon of setting tabs.

we have assembled a rundown of 10 hidden Facebook features which you presumably have missed. Some of these are extremely useful and can change the way you use Facebook.

Others are simply fun and enjoyable to use. You can turn into the popular child among your peers by flaunting about your knowledge.

#1. Use messenger without Facebook

Facebook messenger is one of best messaging applications presently and it offers bunches of fun features. However, you will need a Facebook account to use it, isn’t that so? You’re wrong!

You can utilize the messenger like any other apps with your mobile number. Simply download the application, open it and click on “Not on Facebook” option and you can join using your telephone number from that point.

#2. UNFOLLOW

In some cases I want to squash my phone since some of my friends post so idiotic things that it feels like they ought to be kicked out of this world. Be that as it may, unfortunately, you can’t even unfriend them since you need to take help sometimes.

In this extreme circumstance, we got the ideal solution for you. Rather than unfriending them, you can Unfollow them.

So you don’t unfriend them yet you likewise spare your head from getting to the boiling point. However, you maintaining a strategic distance from their posts.

To Unfollow somebody, go to their profile> tap on the ‘Following’ button> select unfollow.

#3. Save replies

For page managers, it’s a very difficult process to answer a similar question over and over to various individuals who contact your page. It’s too much time consuming as well as frustrating too.

However, now, you can spare some definite answers and send them at whatever point a client asks a similar question for like 1034th time.

For saving a message layout, go to Messages> manage replies> create a reply to create a reply and save a reply. Now at whatever point you feel like sending the saved reply, open messages> tap on the conversation and pick saved replies.

#4. Pay via Facebook

So your child ignored your recommendation of taking extra money on the road trip and now he is stuck with no cash? Indeed, we have a solution.

Now you can send money to anybody via Facebook. The feature right now only allows paying by means Debit Card.

Additionally, you can send only up to $10,000 per month which is enough as I would see it. For sending money to anybody, go to Settings> Payments.

#5. Custom list for sharing posts

Now and again you really need to share something on Facebook however don’t want some exceptional people from your friend list to see it. Like hiding the “in a relationship” post with your boyfriend’s sibling:-

Indeed, now you can do it. Whenever you post an update, tap on the share with everyone/friends option and select ‘Custom”. Now include every one of the individuals who you would prefer not to share this post to by placing them into ‘don’t share this to’ box. Cool, would it say it isn’t?

#6. Send files

You are Still using emails to share/send files/documents with each other, well don’t. Now you can share any file directly from Facebook. You can send files like Rar, Pdf, Zip etc.

For sending a file/document, open the conversation with that friend and click on the attach option (looks like a safety pin). You then select the file you want to send to him.

#7. Log out from other devices

How frequently does it happens that you sign into your Facebook account on a friend’s PC and after that neglect to log out? At that point you spend hours freezing about what those mongrels would do with your account.

Now you don’t need to stress. If you have forgotten to sign out from some other gadget or you believe that another person is using your account, go to settings> general>active sessions.

Here you will find all the gadgets you are signed in from. You can likewise know when you signed in from that device. You can likewise log out from any mobile or computer by ending specific session.

#8. Save posts

I am somewhat individual who starts using Facebook even when I have five free minutes, and from time to time, I encounter a post which is intriguing to read however is too long to be read in that brief span.

And after that I regret it especially in light of the fact that that post gets lost later in the flood of posts and it’s relatively difficult to find it later. Thanks to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, now I can save any posts which I find sufficiently interesting and see it anytime I have enough time.

For saving a post, tap on the expand option and then select save. You can access every saved post from the left side menu. Anyway don’t be like me, I saved like 1000 posts or so and now I struggle to find the post I need to use among them.

#9. Call a Uber

This is extremely a fun addition from Facebook. They are trying to make messenger an across the board app and these hidden Facebook features are the proof of how far they have gone.

You can really call to get a Uber Cab from Facebook’s messenger application. For doing as such, open any conversation, tap on the more icon and select the ‘transportation’ option.

#10. Hidden Inbox

Keeping in mind, in order to ensure that you receive all your important and essential messages, Facebook has divided your inbox into two sections.

The first is the primary inbox, where you receive messages from your friends and other important pages/people and you additionally get notified at whatever point you get messages in this inbox.

Be that as it may, there is a second inbox, where you receive messages from individuals who are totally unrelated to you like somebody who isn’t your friend.

How helpful this feature is, is a state of open debate in light of the fact that occasionally a few friends who have yet not added you on Facebook try to get in touch with you yet get unnoticed because of this feature.

You can look at your “filtered messages” as Facebook likes to call it by going into messages > filtered messages.

Source: https://www.akeentech.com/hidden-facebook-features/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2018
Informative cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2018
I just dislike Facebook

28 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Babanhajiya(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2018
'Take a break' is another feature from Facebook which allows you to hide your posts from a friend without blocking or unfriend him, you can see his post but he won't see yours. Go to his profile and tap on "friends' from the option select 'take a break'.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by akeentech(m): 8:00am On Jul 17, 2018
DON'T FORGET TO READ

HOW I EARN MY FREE BITCOIN
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Sojebrand(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Helpful
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by LazyNairalander(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
When will nairaland have hidden features?

check my SIGNATURE

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by LazyNairalander(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
When will nairaland have hidden features?

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Olii(f): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
Interesting
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Mayorsholly(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2018
EastGold:
I just dislike Facebook
but why :'

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by chubbygal(f): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Waiting for on how to download videos directly to your mobile phone, before I go take you seriously serious.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by kellz0(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Mark is the world richest man and he’s still blocking Facebook It’s that not greediness upon wickedness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by rexorgan: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Boobs tongue

1 Like

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by MufasaRebirth: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2018
EastGold:
I just dislike Facebook
Lol no be only you

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by farem: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2018
I move the motion that this great and educational thread should hit the front page now.

If you agree click LIKE disagree click SHARE

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by tstx(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2018
Hmmm. Nice list OP

see my signature
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by neweraomo: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2018
shocked
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by theguy12(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2018
chubbygal:
Waiting for on how to download videos directly to your mobile phone, before I go take you seriously serious.

Very easy just use opera mini

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Henryfour(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2018
please help, can't login my bet9ija account through All Naija bet app
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by annexworld(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2018
Informative post.
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by PotatoSalad(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2018
Games.
Send the the football or basketball emojis in messenger, tap on it and start playing games with your friends.
Told a girl if she scores higher than me in football, I'll take her to lunch. She's been trying since grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by neonly: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2018
OP you didn't include
Knowing yur location without yur consent
Can remotely take yur pic tru d front camera
Can assert yur families tru yur posts nd friends etc
Security be wise when using
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by RevenGeMission: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2018
Who hid the features ?

Yahoo boys will like number 4

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Godsent4life: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2018
I buy all your itunes card at the best rate bring them all any denomination
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by magabounce(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2018
Roger that
And for those that have side chiks or side bobos..
You can actually wish him/her HBD on Facebook.. Just change "post to public" to the person's name.. Let him/her enjoy the post *ALONE*

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by joenor(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2018
Wow thanks for this eye opening.
Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2018
kellz0:
Mark is the world richest man and he’s still blocking Facebook It’s that not greediness upon wickedness
Third richest...

1 Like

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by thaoriginator: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2018
so person wey dey miami fit send person wey dey lagos bar through facebook?

How does that work? i need info now pls, maga wan pay?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Hidden Features – You Are Not Aware by VictorRomanov: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2018
Number 6 no longer works.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How True Is It That 09141 Is A Killer Number? / New Mtn Cheat: 20gb On Mtn Mymtn Official App (discovered This Evening) / Tecno Spark 2 Unveiling In Lagos (Live Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.