Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Whatsapp Features - Some Key Features Whatsapp Is Lacking Right Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Features - Some Key Features Whatsapp Is Lacking Right Now (364 Views)

Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Whatsapp Features That Are Quite Impressive <<read All> / Do You Know These 4 Secret Whatsapp Features? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Features - Some Key Features Whatsapp Is Lacking Right Now by techtip(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Its high time we talked about these Whatsapp feature we wanna have but whatsapp don;t want to give us. When it comes to features, Whatsapp is way behind Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Though some new features had been added recently like Group invite links and also deleting of messages for everyone.

Whatsapp also introduced a business account recently but that isn't the deal, some features which are so cool when had are still missing of the Whatsapp Messenger.
Cool Whatsapp Features we never had

Super Moderator: I use to be an admin on a group, but as a result of me not being able to be online everytime to control member, some take advantage and spam the group with irrelevant links. So I decided if I appoint someone who comes online regularly as admin, this should reduce the spam. But giving the person admin function only made him to be able to remove me.
You see that definitely whatsapp needs a super-admin features.
Bot: Bots should be allowed to feature on whatsapp, although it is said bot are allowed on whatsapp, but I don't believe that because Duta and some few bots are the only bot i ever met, i guess other get deactivated as soon as whatsapp detects them. Bots are doing really great on Telegram and when i say really great i mean it.
Games: I know Facebook Inc is the owner of both Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger, so they won't wanna make Whatsapp a complete replica of Facebook Messenger by giving them same feature hereby making them competitors.
But then we Whatsapp users aren't just the social adict we love games and we wanna play some real games, cause we are bored playing duta's hangman and other games duta provides.
Large No of People in a group: Right now the highest number of people allowed in a whatsapp group is 256, which really sucks. As a blogger do i have to create several accounts for suscribers, share my link several times. The bigger a community the more likely it is to develop.
Secret Messages: This are message which are super encrypted, this feature is currently being used by Telegram. I bet whatsapp will do better with it if integrated.

Whatsapp future is at risk because its not following trends, Telegram its major competitor ain't resting, ugrading daily. Telegram beats Whatsapp with virtually everything:

Better end to end encryption
Availability of Bots
Creation of Channels
Secret Messages
Large Member
Anti-Spam Bots
etceteria

Source: Whatsapp Features - Some Key Features Whatsapp is Lacking Right Now

Support the source by visiting above link
Re: Whatsapp Features - Some Key Features Whatsapp Is Lacking Right Now by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Brilliant piece. There are some features I want WhatsApp to add which are missing in your article.
Search for friends; on whatsapp profile page,there is a place for name. Once I register with that name, my friends should be able to chat with me instead of giving them my number
Message storage: Backing up messages via google drive consumes data. Even though you can back it up on your phone, it still a problem. In the event I loose my phone, all my messages are gone if I had stick to phone back up storage. Cloud based message should solve this phenomenon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gionee A1lite Case / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Red Variant Teased By Manu Kumar Jain Head Of Xiaomi India / Samsung Note 4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.