Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (34317 Views)

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / How can i reverse 9mobile airtime that i mistakenly bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by dominique(f): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
deewhydoski:

What of if the person has withdraw the money from his/her bank account, how will the bank reverse it?

It was the wrong bank she sent It to not recipient. The transfer can't possibly be successful because there can't be another recipient with the exact account name and number

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Yusful131: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko
There is no need of panicking, just go the bank with your transaction details, they will help you to contact the recipient and he will have no option than to reverse the money. Someone has mistakenly tranfered 66k to me without any traces for me to call back but with the help of the bank he was able to reach me and I was gladly to refund the money.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by deewhydoski(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
They will put the person acount on PND.. post no debit...and they wil also flag his or her bvn.. he no get choice he go go bank to complain
Alrite....I got it
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by jaxxy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko

If its same bank its easy to retrieve bt of its to
Another bank thats abit difficult tho depends on the amount we're talking about it can be taken up or overlooked.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Akamaka: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
Please lay your complaint to your bank. They will liaise with the beneficial bank which will conduct an investigation and get back to you.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by sseunth(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
They will put the person acount on PND.. post no debit...and they wil also flag his or her bvn.. he no get choice he go go bank to complain
he doesn't work like that.
It is not a scam money. They will only contact him for refund and if he is a good person, he will refund. If not, there is nothing they will do about it. Since he didn't scam. It was error.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by BluntBoy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
No need to panic, the cash is hanging somewhere. In some cases it is auto-reversed, in other cases you have to apply for a reversal. I had similar issue last year and I mesaaged the bank on their Verified facebook handle to find out why my recipient is yet to get her money. It was then I was told that the recipient's account number doesn't match with the bank I picked. They requested for the bank name and helped me complete the transaction. Tell your friend to either go to the nearest branch, call them or message them.

I don't understand. You paid to a wrong bank or to a wrong bank account?

I intended asking the OP until I saw that you had a similar experience.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by zolacoded(m): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
tgmservice:
Very Important Notice!!!

Please if your name is Emma and you are 25 years old and you applied for a job in NNPC last year, I dont know how it happened oooo

I just what to tell you that am eating suya with your application letter.......

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by deewhydoski(m): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

It was the wrong bank she sent It to not recipient. The transfer can't possibly be successful because there can't be another recipient with the exact account name and number
Ok
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
See.. do you knw how scammer out dere pley there trik.. dey can withdraaw your money in all your bank acount. Through your sim card..if it got lost ..with that. It can be through to the sender acount.. after they block the sender acount and also flag the bvn which he can do any transaction involving bank again forever till internity.. if he go to the bank to complain the scammer will be arrested. Brquote author=yusufmuhd post=69462862] i stand to be corrected
but flagging of bvn does not happen in nigeria
if you think they is anybank in nigeria that flags person bvn

well u must be joiking

all those scammers out there

thre victim must in one way or the other complain to the bank

and d best thing dey can do is put the acct on PND[/quote]
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Revolva(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
hahhaa na dis kind one dem de call sakamanje

e don loss e don loss

if d person get kind heart he can refund back but its hard ooo to start look for d owner of d acc to beg for refund

well ur bank can help out
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
They will have to put the acount on pnd. Bro.. imediately wen the person go to the bank to complain.... imediately. And they transfer the money back bro...he or she no is not the rightful owner.
sseunth:
he doesn't work like that.
It is not a scam money. They will only contact him for refund and if he is a good person, he will refund. If not, there is nothing they will do about it. Since he didn't scam. It was error.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by graciamore(f): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
tofolo:
Let her go to her bank and lay a complaint, they would now communicate with the bank the funds was wrongly transferred to and it would be reversed back to her account. that is if the wrong beneficiary has not withdrawn the funds.
she has contact the bank they said the account is dormant...
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by DrOBD(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

Very stupid post.
Spending money gotten through such means is NOT a sign of God picking your call, it just shows that you're a thief. God can never bless you with someone else's sweat and pain.

God bless you more than a million times. Nigerians and the perchant for quick cash. "Lazy youths"

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by graciamore(f): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
tofolo:
Let her go to her bank and lay a complaint, they would now communicate with the bank the funds was wrongly transferred to and it would be reversed back to her account. that is if the wrong beneficiary has not withdrawn the funds.
. she has contacted the bank.. they said the account is dormant
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Barselonia(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
fortunately,have received #10k twice from different people without knowing them... and money spent
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by crazyABO(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
amiibaby:
is that the only thing that captivated u in my profile
lol my bad! Cos i leave there so trynna know if u base there also.sorry about that
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by graciamore(f): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
slapandfall:
What channel did he use for the transfer?

Bank branch? or Online channel (Mobile App / Internet / USSD) ?
Ussd
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by mantosa(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
I don't think this applies here.

She actually said she made a transaction to a wrong account number. Apparently it was successful. The only way she can get the money is if the owner of the said account withdraws and pays her back, I think.

dominique:
No need to panic, the cash is hanging somewhere. In some cases it is auto-reversed, in other cases you have to apply for a reversal. I had similar issue last year and I mesaaged the bank on their Verified facebook handle to find out why my recipient is yet to get her money. It was then I was told that the recipient's account number doesn't match with the bank I picked. They requested for the bank name and helped me complete the transaction. Tell your friend to either go to the nearest branch, call them or message them.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by amiibaby(f): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
crazyABO:
lol my bad! Cos i leave there so trynna know if u base there also.sorry about that
I don't disclose my identity on social media.....
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by graciamore(f): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
Rexphobia:
Your case is not clear....wrong transfer to a wrong bank and a wrong account number. The coincidence is...

While attempting to complete a transaction online (I assume) you will be required to confirm the beneficiary details.

Or is the concern how to reverse a successfully completed transaction.
is the bank selection. that was wrong...supose to send to first bank instead of uba
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by phoexix: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

Exactly..
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by chukwuka12: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:

Hello, its very simple, go to the court and get a court order, show them the proof of the transfer made... With the court order, the bank will immediately debit the account if the money is still there.... Do that NOW!!!!
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by rummmy: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Once the transaction is successful,the bank can only help you to throw the receivers account on illegal post no debit.. This will attract the customer to the bank for a possible reversal.. Note that most banks don't do that because of litigations from a customer that is well experienced.....
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by tofolo(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
. she has contacted the bank.. they said the account is dormant
Better, atleast the funds are safe, now the bank would get the customer to come and reactivate the account and the funds would be sent back to her, if the customer is delaying let her just go to the nearest court and get a court order necessitating the bank to reverse the funds to her.The order costs just like 1k only.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by praise010(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Notify your Bank

Your Bank will "Hold" the alleged fraudulent transfer in the Beneficiary account. Or Your Bank will notify the Beneficiary Bank who will also hold the sum if it has not been withdrawn.

The Bank will notify the Beneficiary who will either give his written consent for a refund to you or ignore same.

If he consents, the Bank will revert the transfer but we're the Beneficiary withholds his consent, then you will be required to obtain a court order before the Bank can reverse the money.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by chukwuka12: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

Its very possible that another bank account can exist in another bank.... Very possible, however if the account does not exist, then funds is hanging, call customer care.... They will handle
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
yusufmuhd:
i stand to be corrected
but flagging of bvn does not happen in nigeria
if you think they is anybank in nigeria that flags person bvn

well u must be joiking

all those scammers out there

thre victim must in one way or the other complain to the bank

and d best thing dey can do is put the acct on PND
They now do. My friend BVN was flagged recently.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Stormyweather(m): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Ussd
lay a complain at your bank and they will restrict the account to that amount. This means if the person spends his money to the amount your bank put in lieu he will be getting insufficient balance error message whenever he tries to withdraw from the bank. Then it can be sorted out. The earlier you complain, the faster resolved. Good luck!
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by chukwuka12: 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
tofolo:
Better, atleast the funds are safe, now the bank would get the customer to come and reactivate the account and the funds would be sent back to her, if the customer is delaying let her just go to the nearest court and get a court order necessitating the bank to reverse the funds to her.The order costs just like 1k only.

Court order is the fastest way of getting your funds... Whether the account is dormant, or no bvn linked or any challenge.... Court order gives you your funds sharp sharp. However it cost about 5k... It may vary

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Exponental(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
walk to the bank and confess ya sin
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by modupe2: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Let your friend go to her bank to lodge the complaint……her Bank will initiate a fund repatriation process on her behalf. Filling of indemnity and other documentation may be required though, but it’s revocable, especially if the other person at that end has not withdrawn the fund.

Good luck !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters / 5 Things You Need To Know About Bitcoin In Nigeria / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.