Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency (1611 Views)

The Tale Every Easterners Should Know. / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by BreakupNigeria: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Most Nigerian ethnic groups have always ascribed to produce the president of Nigeria right from the moment the British people left the shores of Nigeria in October 1, 1960. But before they left, they made sure that all other regions of Nigeria would always be at the mercy of the North if they ever want to rule the country and it has remained so till today.

Many people have argued in the past that the major reason why Igbos will never produce a president is because they are not united but this is just fallacy because even if Igbos present one candidate and the north is not in support of him, then it's already dead on arrival. The same applies to Yorubas and the Niger Delta minorities.

Below are the reasons why an Igbo man becoming the president of Nigeria will bring absolutely no benefit to the Igbos.

1. Unlike presidents of northern extraction who can rule like emperors and get away with it like buhari is doing today, the moment an Igbo president tries it, he will be impeached the next day! Buhari has committed series of impeachable offenses yet nobody would dare impeach him but the moment an Igbo president tries it, the yorubas would first demonize him through the press together with northern senators who would immediately move motions for his impeachment while the outnumbered Igbo senators and their sympathizers from the Niger Delta would just be helpless. In fact, such Igbo president would always be watching his back and would always try to please the north in order to save his neck!

2. An Igbo president would still need the support of the North both for him to win re-election or to implement any policy. For instance, an Igbo president can not seek for loans to build a rail line between Enugu and Onitsha without the approval of the house, and these people would certainly not allow it except another one is first built between Kano and Sokoto.

3. Igbos in the North will suddenly become a blackmail tool. The moment the unfortunate Igbo president tries to do anything the north believes is not in their interest, they would start threatening to cause riot in northern cities and destroy Igbo interests in their region, including lives and properties.

4. The Nigerian army will always sabotage such Igbo president. It is an open secret that the NA is more or less controlled by Fulanis, and they will not be completely loyal to an Igbo president the way they would to a northerner. GEJ found himself in exactly this same situation during the run-up to the elections when the NA suddenly began to abandon equipment in any slight encounter with Boko Haram and go on "tactical maneuver". It became so bad that GEJ had to import mercenaries from South Africa to fight Boko Haram before he recorded some success.

5. Igbo presidency is now the new distraction strategy by the northerners to make Igbos forget about the agitation for restructuring or outright breakup. It may sound as a surprise to many, but the truth is that north will be hoping for Igbos to get the president because they knew it will be a Greek gift since they know they will still call the shots and determine what happens in the country but at the same time it will take the sail out of Igbo agitations and calm the polity. They know that things can't continue the way it is in Nigeria today and with Igbo anger and frustration against the Nigerian state which is gradually getting to a crescendo, only an Igbo president could calm things and they will be very willing to concede it.

6. Igbos will never be allowed to present their best candidate for the president if/when the northerners finally concede it to Igbos, rather, they will look for characters that are loyal to the north, and people like Rochas will be nominated and made the president against the choice of the Igbos. This is exactly what they did to the Yorubas who wanted Olu Falae but the north refused and forced Obasanjo on them.

Igbos should forget about becoming the president and continue with their agitations for either restructure or breakup. We have the resources and manpower to get it even without carrying arms because pen is mightier than the sword. Many would want to right off the agitations by Igbos as mere efforts in futility but the truth is that the agitation is certainly making them very uncomfortable and would definitely bring forth results if the momentum is sustained.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by doubleportion: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
ok
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by loveth360(f): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
no reasonable Igbo man is talking about Igbo president.

In biafra africa died.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
loveth360:
no reasonable Igbo man is talking about Igbo president.

In biafra africa died.

Members of jester club spotted
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by OneCorner: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
Why don’t we go back to Isreal our original home instead of staying here in dz messed up Afrika.
We are real Jews na angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
loveth360:
what is your business,

member of ................

Keep quiet

In Africa we respect men
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lol
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
loveth360:
keep shut.

In biafra we respect men and women

I am a detribalized Nigeria

Married to Anambra lady

Best of all women in the whole world

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
sarrki:

I am a detribalized Nigeria
Married to Anambra lady
Best of all women in the whole world

pls for once respect ursef.....

u can behave as u wish but w won't allow u ironically insulting anambra......
Who knows the suffering she is passing through under u....

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

pls for once respect ursef.....

u can behave as u wish but w won't allow u ironically insulting anambra......

Who knows the suffering she is passing through under u....

Shut up

Who are you

She’s in a safe hands

Ask madridguy
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by buhariguy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
I agree with op,
But the Breakup or the succession the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are looking for, will not be achievable in the next century,

We should rather accept buhari promise of working with the Igbo's to get the presidency in 2023.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up

Who are you

She’s in a safe hands

Ask madridguy

With ur type saying an Igbo lady and anambra for that matter is safe under your hand is something that really need to be doubted and with all urgency looked into........

The only thing I know is that anambra ladies are known to persevere in marriage despite all odds....and she is one of them......

Ur statement of safety is something that is left to be questioned.
Adios.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by orisa37: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
Politics is a game of number.
Restructure this Country and let each State decide freely on their own who they want for President.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by mbos: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
sarrki:

Members of jester club spotted

you are talking to yourself

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by mbos: 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
buhariguy:
I agree with op,
But the Breakup or the succession the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are looking for, will not be achievable in the next 50yrs

But in 51 years time is still ok

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Turantula(m): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
loveth360:
keep shut.

In biafra we respect men and women
That my yeloba muslim friend you quoted will not like this

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema, Sarrki married to a igbo lady and she's enjoying her marriage with him.

sarrki:

Shut up

Who are you

She’s in a safe hands

Ask madridguy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Do you know him personally? If you do, am sure you will thanking God for his wife for making the right choice.

Juliusmalema:

With ur type saying an Igbo lady and anambra for that matter is safe under your hand is something that really need to be doubted and with all urgency looked into........

The only thing I know is that anambra ladies are known to persevere in marriage despite all odds....and she is one of them......

Ur statement of safety is something that is left to be questioned.
Adios.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
madridguy:
Juliusmalema, Sarrki married to a igbo lady and she's enjoying her marriage with him.

You are always a brother and a patriot
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
I'm honored bros.

sarrki:

You are always a brother and a patriot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
madridguy:

Ok......we pray so.....

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by sarrki(m): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
madridguy:
I'm honored bros.

Brother keep the date

As discussed
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by wordcat(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
It is only the sycophants that preaches the Igbo presidency

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
madridguy:
Do you know him personally? If you do, am sure you will thanking God for his wife for making the right choice.

Thanking.....

I don't need to know him......and to understand what he stands for?

His actions speaks volume of his personality.....

anyway....Ogo bu chi onye.....I bless his marriage.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
I almost got one for myself on this forum but badbelle discourage her.
So painful.

Ngozi, my bae.

Juliusmalema:

Ok......we pray so.....
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by PDJT: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:
I agree with op,
But the Breakup or the succession the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are looking for, will not be achievable in the next century,

We should rather accept buhari promise of working with the Igbo's to get the presidency in 2023.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
Explain bros.

Juliusmalema:

Thanking.....

Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by madridguy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
Okay. May God Almighty keep us safe, alive and healthy. Once again, thanks so much.

sarrki:

Brother keep the date

As discussed
Re: 6 Reasons Why Easterners Should Forget About Igbo Presidency by PDJT: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Thanking.....

You actually believe the lies and trash been spewed by those two lowlives about having a trophy Igbo wife? Smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Things Asari Dokubo Said About Igbos / Boko Haram Sacks Police Station In Baga- Pictures / Buhari Wins In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.