Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Money Or Your Life: Police Chief Cage-up Business Partner For Months - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Money Or Your Life: Police Chief Cage-up Business Partner For Months (460 Views)

INSIDE LIFE: POLICE Shot Man Several Times To Rescue Woman Being Raped In Publi / Heavily Armed Drug Cartel Attacked Mexico Police Chief, Killed 2 Officers(Pic) / Can BVN Number Be Used To Withdraw Money Or Access A Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Money Or Your Life: Police Chief Cage-up Business Partner For Months by Larrykaysail(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
http://www.newsmakersng.com/my-money-or-your-life-police-chief-cage-business-partner-for-months-victims-wife-wants-igp-to-save-hubbys-life/

My Money or Your Life: Police Chief Cage-Up Business Partner for Months …Victim’s Wife Wants IGP to Save Hubby’s Life

Since December 2017, a Sagamu-based timber merchant has been living in a police cell in Taraba State on the orders of his business partner who is a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP).

When the going was good no one heard about the lucrative timber trade that the merchant, Niyi Olanrewaju, and his business partner, DCP Segun Abiodun Alabi were running.

NewsmakersNG learnt that business was so good that the officer made N23million gain in two transactions; then the third transaction ran into stormy weathers during the rainy season when he made his lowest investment of N5.75million.

The supply turned out to be of poor quality and money was lost, but the officer would not take the bad with the good.

“He prefers my husband to die in prison rather than lose his money,” Bola told NewsmakersNG.

Olanrewaju was at different times detained in Taraba and Gombe states. It took several days and lots of efforts before NewsmakersNG could reach him in the gulag, where he is allegedly kept by DCP Alabi.

The policemen in Taraba gave Olanrewaju about five minutes to speak with NewsmakersNG on a cellphone.

Olanrewaju told NewsmakersNG that he was sourcing the timber from Taraba.

His business relationship with DCP Alabi began, when they met in November 2016, in Taraba.

According to Olanrewaju, DCP Alabi had issues with his former business partner at that time.

“He was dealing in timber, also known as Madrid. He commissioned me in November 2016, to sell the wood for him,” Olanrewaju said.

He added, “The first transaction was N9 million, which went well. He got N13 million in return. The second was N7 million, and he got N10 million in return.

“But the problem started during the third transaction. He gave me N5.75 million. It was during the rainy season. The wood I got was not of the same quality as the previous ones. What they were offering for it was at a loss. It wasn’t profitable so he demanded his money.

“I had to return the wood to the forest where I bought them but I was told I had to wait before I could get back the money. I was still waiting when DCP Alabi ordered that I should be arrested.”

Olanrewaju was first arrested on December 16, in Taraba State by SARS officers and he was released on December 31, 2017, when they allegedly realized it was not a criminal case.

Then, the officer brought in the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The police abruptly stopped the conversation before Olanrewaju could go further. But his wife later completed the story.

She said that her husband was re-arrested on April 3, 2018, by EFCC operatives.

“He was taken to Gombe State by the EFCC officials. They asked him to bring N2million to gain his freedom. His lawyer whose husband works with EFCC told him not to pay any money. When they saw that he was not cooperating, they transferred him back to Taraba State,” Bola said.

According to Bola, all efforts by Olanrewaju’s lawyer to get him out on bail since April 3 were frustrated.

“Please release my husband, he’s not a criminal,” she cried, pleading that the IGP should look into the matter and ensure that justice is done.

When NewsmakersNG called DCP Alabi to get his own side, he said: “Please, please, please. Talk to EFCC. It’s a criminal case and the matter is already in court in Jalingo.”

Last week, Bola was hopeful that her husband would be set free, after some discussions with the police, but the hope was dashed when she couldn’t meet up with the money she was allegedly asked to pay for bail.

Re: My Money Or Your Life: Police Chief Cage-up Business Partner For Months by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
Bail is free grin

So says the IG

(1) (Reply)

Bar Man Jailed For Using Hotel Money To Play Naija Bet / SHOCKING!! 17 Years Old Girl, Cuts Her Fiancee’s D!ck For Trying To Dump Her For / Police Officer Arrested After $1 Million Gold Vanishes From Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.