Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,017 members, 7,803,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Five Major Reasons Why You Should Not Squat In A Typical Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Major Reasons Why You Should Not Squat In A Typical Nigerian University (556 Views)

Typical Nigerian Universities In Meme Collection / Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Major Reasons Why You Should Not Squat In A Typical Nigerian University by Nijablog: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2018

Squatting is a popular phenomena among undergraduate and even post-graduate students studying in various institutions of higher learning spread across the country. This act involves a student, who was unable to secure an hostel accommodation illegally sharing bed-space with a supposed friend or brother of his.
The major reasons for squatting among students is usually as a result of lack of funds for securing hostel accommodation which is further connected to parents financial status and the recklessness of the student involve in the case of a student, who was provided appropriate fund for securing hostel accommodation but prefers buying other accessories like clothes, phones and others with the hope of finding a friend, who will squat him in. While the former reason is uncontrollable but students in the second category are advised to be wise and secure their respective accommodation as squatting have a bad effect on the life of students who engage in it.

SEE ALSO : Tips For Nigerian Defence Academy AFSB Screening Exercise
The reasons are listed below:

Low Self Esteem

You will definitely agree with me that students, who do squat do usually possess low self esteem as they are left out of major activities in the room. Squatters don’t engage in major discussions, activities in the room and you are even seen as a pest.

Responsible For Loss

The truth is as a squatter, you are the first suspect in every theft or loss in the room where you are squatting.
I can remember during one of my undergraduate years when a roommate’s phone got missing, the person that was reported to the security office of my school was the squatter, this led to him not only leaving the room since squatting was against school policies but also paying for the phone as well.

Unwarranted Obligation
Another reason why you should not squat in a typical Nigerian university is because you are naturally and unnecessary oblige to fulfill some duties to the room. Others believe they have secured the accomodation, therefore you should be able to do other menial stuffs like sweeping, fetching water and In a case where any accessories is needed, you should be the one to provide them.

SEE ALSO : Nigerian Police Recruits To Write JAMB Before Enlistment
Gossip

You become the subject for major room gossip and discussions which do usually involve your friend, who brought you in.
Every of your move become a subject of discussion and ridicule.

Others See You As A Worthless Pest

They don’t want to talk to you much afterall you aren’t worth their standards. They perceive you are a worthless pest who squandered his/her parent hard earned money and now wants to eat from where you did not sow.

By the time you experience the five above in a full academic session, you would have regretted your step and agree with me that squatting is not good at all.

http://www.9jahyper.com.ng/five-major-reasons-why-you-should-not-squat-in-a-typical-nigerian-university/

Cc.
Seun
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Five Major Reasons Why You Should Not Squat In A Typical Nigerian University by Bintabisiriyu: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lol, who cares?? I should not squat as if you are the one paying my rent. Yeye

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Departmental Cut-off Marks | 2018/19 Session / OAU Admission Thread 2018/2019 / Technical College To Issue Int’l Certificates In Industry-relevant Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.