Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

This New PHCN Trick Has Improved Power Supply In My Area. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This New PHCN Trick Has Improved Power Supply In My Area. (404 Views)

Photos Of 10-Foot Python Killed In My Area / See The Puff Adder Killed In My Area / See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This New PHCN Trick Has Improved Power Supply In My Area. by Realexcel(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Power supply has improved greatly in my area, Pipeline, Rumuokwurusi, Port Harcourt. The new method that the PHCN adopted has made it difficult for people to be connected illegally. There by saving lots of energy as the energy is almost totally consumed by only those who paid for it.
This is how it works; Once the authorities appear and do their disconnection of defaulters. The normal thing is (as na naija we dey) those who are to be disconnected will simply bribe the officials with about #1500 and the officials will leave.
About three days later, a different set of PHCN officials will arrive and demand to see the bills, then the defaulters who are still connected to power supply will choose either to bribe the officials again or get disconnected.

The two options they (customers) are left with are
1. Bribe the officials with another #1500. Which means#3000 in less than a week
2. Allow the officials disconnect you and go with the wire (because your connection is illegal) You will have to pay the street electrician about 1500 for reconnection and you still have to buy new wires

Whichever option you take means you will spend at least 3000, and you haven't paid your bills yet. Meanwhile the officials will return the following week and you will keep paying
So, almost everyone has decided to pay their bills when due.

This is certainly not good news for some persons but it's really working
Re: This New PHCN Trick Has Improved Power Supply In My Area. by bigtt76(f): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
And we keep on complaining of poor power supply when people like you won't pay bills angry
Re: This New PHCN Trick Has Improved Power Supply In My Area. by CTechHub(m): 5:01am On Jul 18, 2018
This has been the case since time immemorial. it's doesn't improve power supply anything. it helps in enriching the pocket of the officials with "beer money"

(1) (Reply)

Updates Of The Lunar Eclipse In Your Area. / Is It A Shark? / Nigeria At 58: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Still Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.