Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl (32794 Views)

I Didn’t Want To Die – Teni Explains Reason For Her Weight Loss / Boy Promised N1m By Davido, Says He Didn’t Receive Any Money / Chika Ike: 'I Don't Have Butt/Hips Implants' - Actress Replies Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Lautechgossip(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
Over the weekend, Chika Ike was caught again in the klieg light, not for starring in a new movie. With a throng of people, petulant to catch a glimpse of her and get a copy of her book, the young Nollywood actress has raised the bar of hard work, ingenuity and serendipity. Walking majestically into the waiting arms of the media, Chika – decked in cream jacket and a pair of pants – enthralled all with her beauty – an embellishment of her brain. Though reticent, Nigerians can read all about her in her new book, Boss Up.

“I am a very private person but if you read this book, ‘Boss Up’ you read me, the truth and my journey. Boss Up is a 41-chapter book that covers all the obstacles we go through in life: money, self-esteem, fear, relationships. With Boss Up, I opened up a lot about myself. I dabbled into what we go through in life and gave a guide on how to conquer our fears. People say I try to live my best life. Yes, I try to because life is short,” she says.

But to her, life is more than being short.

“Life is a journey and is full of ups and downs. I am talking from an angle of my mother who died at a very young age and I realise that life is a journey and as a being you can’t determine how long you are going to live because you don’t even know what happens tomorrow. So you have to embrace today and make the best out of it,” she counsels.

The book, Boss Up, has five sections: one talks about Chikaidibia – her full name – which means ‘my God is greater than any soothsayers or any obstacles’. According to her, the name came up out of an event “during my birth”.

She explains further:

“I was rejected from birth by my father because he didn’t want a girl. So, it (that section) talks about me, my challenges growing up and the rejection I faced from my family. The book also talks about the business world because people think I like money. Well, they may be right because I grew up with nothing and don’t want to be a failure and I always push myself to succeed. I want to challenge myself to be somebody people thought I can never be.

“In the business world (section), I talk about how to have a successful business. I went to Harvard Business School. Harvard Business School was a launch pad for me because I found myself in a room with professionals – big people who run global businesses – sitting among business tycoons. I talked about tricks and how to run a successful business.”

Chika also underscores the importance of the society in human’s existence. To run a successful business empire goes beyond huge money and Chika explains why.

“When I was in Harvard Business School, the first two weeks was about personal case studies and personal development. I was given a coach and I was like I didn’t come here to talk about my family and my life. But the school authority realizes that before you can be successful in your business you must deal with the home front first. Every successful man and woman you see out there has succeeded in their families. They gave me a personal coach who went deep into my personal life: my family, my upbringing and me. I was someone who was brought up guided but Harvard Business School unguided me. They made me stand in front of over 200 professionals to talk about my life. I spoke so much about my life, family and how I was rejected by my father who was a good husband and father to all his children. But I didn’t have a good relationship with him growing up. I learnt early that you have to fight for yourself because at the end of the day it is you alone. I talked about my father, my mother and my siblings.”

Still throwing more light on what her readers should expect, she talks about another factor pertinent to success.

“I mentioned grace because I believe that we do not exist alone on this earth. I believe that there is a superior power you can go to and ask for forgiveness because human beings can be very judgmental because they see everything that you do but God is the only one that cannot criticize you and will protect you in all your ways. So I have this relationship with Him. A friend of mine once told me that to succeed in life you need 40 per cent hard work and 60 per cent grace, favour and lucky. For me, I call it favour, I call it grace. It is good to work hard to succeed but you must have a guiding power which is God,” the author states.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/chika-ike-i-was-rejected-from-birth-by-my-father-because-he-didnt-want-a-girl/

10 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Fahrenhite(m): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
Let me wait and see here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Merimental(m): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
writing a book ain't no child's play thumbs up 4 dat..slay mama wit Brains n intelligence not d type looking left n right 4 yahoo boys to lavish n party only, yet empty upstairs.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by OneCorner: 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
So we should help u beat ur father or wat?

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by OneCorner: 12:00am On Jul 18, 2018
Merimental:
writing a book ain't no child's play thumbs up 4 dat..slay mama wit Brains n intelligence not d type looking left n right 4 yahoo boys to lavish n party only, yet empty upstairs.
Okoro, so because she’s d author mean she penned it down herself abi sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by MicheyJ1: 12:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Everybody sha wants to tell success story of how things used to be bad for them and how they were rejected.

7 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by chicoMX(m): 12:07am On Jul 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:
Everybody sha wants to tell success story of how things used to be bad for them and how they were rejected.

The sky is enough for all the stars.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by izzou(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2018
OneCorner:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by pocohantas(f): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Maybe he will prefer a female son.

10 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Factfinder1(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2018
And how didbyou know all this
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by nonix22(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
hmmm, that should not be what we should be worrying about now. post ur contacts online, men dey search for Wife abeg
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by handsomeyinka(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
At least you are better than buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Drniyi4u(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
OneCorner:
Lmao

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Sirpaul(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
eh yh pele
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by izzou(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
pocohantas:
Maybe he will prefer a female son.

angry angry angry angry angry

Eyan Bobrisky

2 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by phreakabitoo: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
Will somebody tell David Mark's side chick to shut up already!
Her recent hunt for relevance reeks of desperation...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Liftedhands(f): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2018
Sensational headline.
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by linkszelda: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2018
Story from the other side
You should be even happy that he didn't substitute you for money ritual or sell you out to the highest bidder

1 Like

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by 21savages: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2018
If i hammer i go twist my own story too, so dat pipo will be inspired.

10 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by lexy2014: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:
hope she provided info about who sponsored her to Harvard, whether it was her father or family she said rejected her

8 Likes

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Bamoski1: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2018
The same way lzaa father should have rejected him undecided

1 Like

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by pocohantas(f): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2018
izzou:

angry angry angry angry angry

Eyan Bobrisky

Perfect example.
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by wildcatter23(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2018
smiley
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2018
Chika don't blame ur father....If my wife gives birth upto 3 girls without a boy...a male child....i won't be happy.....Is not easy not to have a male child.....in a family...

There must be a boy even if it is one....so don't blame ur dad....i will do same....but not rejecting my children just that my happiness won't be full....

because onye ga anochim ma achom.....who will take over if am not there.....
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Nightmareo07: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2018
Headline is misleading

1 Like

Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by abworld6deep(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2018
But now you’ve proven him wrong: it’s not easy but can always be done: focus and dedication. Congrats on your achievements.
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by LZAA: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2018
Bamoski1:
The same way lzaa father should have rejected him undecided
grin grin grin
Re: Chika Ike: I Was Rejected From Birth By My Father Because He Didn’t Want A Girl by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2018
OneCorner:
lmao

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo / Tiwa Savage And Son, Jamil Step Out Hand-In-Hand / 2face, Tonto Dikeh, Annie Idibia, Segun Arinze, Francis Duru, Angela Okorie: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.