Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others (33218 Views)

2023 Elections: Observer Group Presents Report, Calls For Unbundling Of INEC / Nigeria’s 2023 Election Fell Short Of Expectations – US Institutes / US Observer Group Says Election Shortcomings Orchestrated To Benefit Incumbent, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fallout87: 6:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Mynd44:

Even as at when the bailouts were owed, the state government was owing. What are you talking of?

Again, say all the truth not only the parts that fit your narrative.

Is Ekiti the only state which has been owing? In SW only Lagos hasn't owed. Ondo, Oyo and Ogun (Ogun situation hasn't been severe) have owed.

Osun state is the absolute worse and Aregbesola doesn't have an excuse of being withheld monies for political purposes!

How can the FG refund the Ekiti state government for a bridge? Is the bridge a federal bridge?

It belongs to the state and the FG has no business with it. It is not on a federal road and so why is he expecting payback according to you?

Lol, this isn't a discussion of how, what or why.

It is very simple. The federal government owed Ekiti N12 billion. The federal government attempted to reimburse Ekiti, but it was blocked by court actions initiated by Fayemi.

Why did Fayemi block it?

You can avoid the facts all you want but no lies or falsehoods can distort this.

So I will ask you again, if Fayemi means well for Ekiti why would he block money being reimbursed to the state?

What purpose? What benefit was it for Fayemi to collude and go to court to stop this money from being distributed?

Oh, the money Fayose is crying that he wants back was not for roads constructed by his government but by Fayemi's government which GEJ's admin did not payback. If you want to debate it, please show me the projects he built, the FG roads he fixed that the funds should be refunded

You have no proof of this. Provide a source which proves this statement.

5 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Ihateyoumod: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

Why aren't you being truthful?

* The Paris loan refund was received a year ago and it was supposed to be distributed between all local governments. As far as we know it was done properly.

* One of those bailouts was years ago. The recent bailout EFCC needed to get involved at Fayose's request because the commissioner of finance and AG were diverting/stealing funds.

You mention the bridge he built and how it could have paid salaries, correct?

That is my point.

The Federal Government OWES Ekiti state for construction and road works; that bridge being part of it. Had Fayemi not went to court to block the reimbursement of the funds; wages would have been paid.

Fayemi delayed the release of the N12 billion using court action, then built his campaign on Fayose not paying the workers.... something Fayemi was accused of doing during his tenure. It worked perfectly and as we can see you bought the charade hook line and sinker.

Source of Fayose addressing Fayemi's action to impede Ekiti from receiving their federal reimbursement of monies owed: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/129652/

This man u r not making sense at all...so of all the monies fayose has received, d bailout specifically given to offset salaries, d Paris club refund, d monthly allocation all these monies were not used to pay salary.

Fayose only wants to use d debt for fed govt projects n his state to pay salary. This makes sense to u.

Now is he the only gov owed money by d FG for fed govt projects?...if he is not r others who r been owed paying salaries??....my friend wake up u r sleeping

12 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fallout87: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

This man u r not making sense at all...so of all the monies fayose has received, d bailout specifically given to offset salaries, d Paris club refund, d monthly allocation all these monies were not used to pay salary.

Fayose only wants to use d debt for fed govt projects n his state to pay salary. This makes sense to u.

Now is he the only gov owed money by d FG for fed govt projects?...if he is not r others who r been owed paying salaries??....my friend wake up u r sleeping

Do you understand how governance works?

Do you think governments especially those in Nigeria which live day-to-day on FG allocation and are in heavy debt have the ability to store money or do you think they use the money as quickly as it comes to pay workers, build and grow the state?

It's funny because SW has four others states struggling like Ekiti, one of which is severely worse then the others and yet you make it seem like Ekiti is a special case.

If these are Nigeria's youth an bright minds it's no wonder Buhari's and Atiku's will rule forever.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Mynd44: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

No sense in his inchorence.

After bailouts, Paris fund refund and monthly allocation, he still owes salaries of state and he has also dipped his fingers into LG funds too yet it was all Fayemi's fault after 4 years.

But if PNB mentions Buhari, everyone will be up in arms

8 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by phemmyfour: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2018
Babyforever:
When GOD wants to punish a state he gives them fayemi
cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by wristbangle: 7:08am On Jul 18, 2018
@ fallout87, I don't think you are updated on salary payment in Nigerian states.

FYI, Ogun state has cleared all payment inclusive of money deducted after tax and net pay. This is no longer a news.

6 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fallout87: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2018
Mynd44:

No sense in his inchorence.

After bailouts, Paris fund refund and monthly allocation, he still owes salaries of state and he has also dipped his fingers into LG funds too yet it was all Fayemi's fault after 4 years.

But if PNB mentions Buhari, everyone will be up in arms

Every governor in SW not named Ambode was owing salaries. Did they not all receive Paris fund? Bailout(s)?

President of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) Mr. Bobboi Kaigama on May 1st, 2018 says 35 out of 36 states owing salaries: http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/01/35-out-36-nigerian-states-owing-workers-salaries-trade-union-president

So why are you only singling out Ekiti and Fayose? Stop telling part of the truth and tell all of it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fallout87: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2018
wristbangle:
@ fallout87, I don't think you are updated on salary payment in Nigerian states.

FYI, Ogun state has cleared all payment inclusive of money deducted after tax and net pay. This is no longer a news.

You are making my point.

Ogun (note where I said their situation wasn't as severe), was able to clear all their payments because they were not blocked from receiving all of their federal reimbursements and allocations. If thess monies were blocked or delayed from reaching Ajimobi, how can he pay the workers?

That is exactly what Fayemi did here.

Fayemi blocked the disbursement of N12 billion. If he had not blocked it, Ekiti would be able to boast as well that they have paid all workers.

Don't worry. Once Fayemi enter office he will drop his court injunctions, the N12 billion naira will go to Ekiti and he will pay wages. Then people will herald him as a savior.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fratermathy(m): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2018
wristbangle:

The guy is just arguing blindly. The truth is simple in this case: regardless of whatever amounts the FG is owing Ekiti, the state receives monthly allocation, IGRs, bail out funds, and other palliative measures from the FG including loans from banks and other agencies. Why hasn't Fayose devoted some of the funds towards offsetting owed salaries? There is no justification for this.!

I am no fan of Fayose or Fayemi or their parties but I will speak the truth when I see it. Fayose plunged the state to hunger. Even the so-called Osun State that the fallout dude alludes to as the worst, one can see what caused the problem there via the quality of schools everywhere in the state. Even at that, some payments have been made.

Fayose simply refused to pay in order to lash out at the FG. He was playing an emotional type of politics: starve the people and blame Buhari for it. Unfortunately for Fayemi, he will have to do what Fayose refused to do: pay the salary arrears!

Let us eschew the politics of bitterness and lies and speak the truth regardless of our political affiliations. In this matter, Fayose lost because he was a bad administrator.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by fratermathy(m): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

You are making my point.

Ogun (note where I said their situation wasn't as severe), was able to clear all their payments because they were not blocked from receiving all of their federal reimbursements and allocations. If thess monies were blocked or delayed from reaching Ajimobi, how can he pay the workers?

That is exactly what Fayemi did here.

Fayemi blocked the disbursement of N12 billion. If he had not blocked it, Ekiti would be able to boast as well that they have paid all workers.

Don't worry. Once Fayemi enter office he will drop his court injunctions, the N12 billion naira will go to Ekiti and he will pay wages. Then people will herald him as a savior.

12 billion naira is NOT enough to pay more than 10,000 owed government workers across all cadres. What is your point again?

Is the 12 billion the highest money Ekiti State has seen or heard of? Are the state roads and bridges that Fayose did not more than 12 billion naira?

In Akwa Ibom, the FG is yet to reimburse the state government of over 50 billion naira which was used to dualise federal roads in the state. In this same Akwa Ibom that is owed such an amount, salaries are being paid, roads are being constructed, employment has been done, etc.

What again is your point?

6 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Goddex: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:
Ekiti should remember not to cry or whine about their future suffering.

This is the same Fayemi who wasn't paying salaries in 2015, who they have now brought back to show them pepper in 2018.

People who ignore history are not only foolish, they're doomed to repeat it.

They let themselves be bought for nothing. Then they cry about corruption when they themselves are inherently corrupt to their rotten core.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by jjjjj2017: 7:46am On Jul 18, 2018
Mynd44:

[s]No sense in his inchorence.

But if PNB mentions Buhari, everyone will be up in arms[/s]

NOTHING SENSIBLE COMES OUT FROM ZOMBIES BRAIN!

ALL APC SOUTH WESTERN STATES EXCEPT LAGOS STATE OWED SALARIES EVEN AREGBESOLA CASE IS WORSE THAN OF EKITI BECAUSE DESPITE PAYING HALF SALARIES, HE STILL OWES WORKERS FOR MANY MONTHS. WE READ IT HERE ON NAIRALAND HOW WINNERS CHAPEL DONATE FOODSTUFF TO OSUN STATE WORKERS SO THEY WON'T DIE OF HUNGER. WE'VE HAD CASES OF CIVIL SERVANT WHO COMMIT SUICIDE IN KOGI STATE BUT IT SEEMS YOUR HEAD IS IN HIBERNATION DURING THOSE TIME

AJIMOBI OWED LAUTECH HOSPITAL STAFFS MANY MONTHS SALARY BUT INSTEAD OF HIM TO PAY, HE SACKED THEM ALL LAST YEAR & FORFEIT THEIR OUTSTANDING SALARIES, YOUR HANDS WAS ON HOLIDAY TO MAKE ANY POST ON THAT!

OGBENI, STOP POSTING WHAT WILL MAKES WESTERNER SEES EVERY NIGERIAN AS GOAT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Adekdammy: 8:09am On Jul 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
If the country was sane, shouldn't the two parties involved in vote buying be disqualified. If to use as a lesson, let the third placed party be given the mandate.

Besides, this has got to be the funniest election as the pdp candidate seems more or less unknown. Apart from his master, haven't seen much or heard of him. Makes you wonder who exactly is trying to be governor.

My thought as well. The candidate who came third should be declared governor cos of votes buying by both apc and pdp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Omeokachie: 8:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Everything Buhari touches.....
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by PassingShot(m): 8:11am On Jul 18, 2018
[s]
thewarrior72:
But yoruba muslims says otherwise. By the way wetin concern me with ekiti election, i am a christian while yorubas and those who voted at ekiti are bloody muslims. Light and dackness have nothing in comon.
[/s]
Cry cry baby. E pain you well well.

All candidates in the election were Christians and about 75% of voters in that election are Christians too. So? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by OfoIgbo: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

The parties involved and the masses that were induced financially

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

We aren’t all serious about the betterment of our country

You also forgot to mention the arrests of PDP party stalwarts and the forceful snatching of ballot boxes, which was a wholly APC affair, that would have played a greater part in the thwarting of the people's will.

Vote buying was by both parties and of course, the party in the centre had more cash to dispose of, as they control the nation's treasury. Buhari's ANTI-CORRUPTION CRUSADE my foot

3 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by BabaO2: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2018
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by bouncing99: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2018
thewarrior72:
But yoruba muslims says otherwise. By the way wetin concern me with ekiti election, i am a christian while yorubas and those who voted at ekiti are bloody muslims. Light and dackness have nothing in comon.
Am a christian and i dont reason this way, your thinking has fallen short of light ...

3 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by els0nm0rali(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2018
That's right. Global standards. You mean like the US presidential election that was highly manipulated by Russian authorities?

Better get da f*ck out of Nigeria before I call bingo to get you now. angry

3 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by brownhawk: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2018
thewarrior72:
if only it's possible for me to watch ur life after death. If only

2 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Skmoda360(m): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2018
Everyone knows about that cuz "this is Nigeria" where shit happen and nobody grunts about it.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by cytell56: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:

http://punchng.com/election-fell-short-of-global-standards-say-us-observer-group-others/

That's what you get in a "Shithole" Country and with a "Shithole" President.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by PHILipu1(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

You are correct.

What you left out was Fayose couldn't pay the workers because the APC federal government was withholding over N12 billion owed to Ekiti state for construction and road rehabilitation works. Instead of the federal government to release these funds; Fayemi colluded with the commissioner of Finance (Dapo Kolawole) to block the federal refund through court procedures.

This court action is what has helped up the funds and made it impossible for Fayose to pay the workers.

So pray tell, how can this same Fayemi come and pretend to be Ekiti savior when he is the cause of their problems?

This is the wickedness of Nigeria. These politicians make problems of their own hands and hold the solution until they get what they want. Then they parade themselves as martyrs, saviors who have done well for the people when all they have done is brought unnecessary hardship and suffering.
You have been brainwashed to believe what ever Fayose say.
How many times did Fayose collected Paris Bail out funds and what did he do with the funds?

Fayemi was also a governor under the PDP controlled Federal government then and his allocations were being withheld and sometimes paid half but he was able to still source for funds to pay workers salaries and pensions.

4 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by CSTR1005: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2018
You can imagine how 2019 elections will be like.
Nigeria sliding back to the days of Maurice iwu.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by LordCenturion(m): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2018
I don't know what concerned them in our affairs as if their own that brought in trump is excellent,US observer ko, US destroyer ni, awon werey..

Everything in this world Is a repetition, what brought in fayose is what chase him out,now he's crying, he forgot how he came to power in 2014

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by alen4smith(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Babyforever:
you will forever be a baby no wonder you reason like one

3 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by amazon14: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2018
Ekiti people don mortgage their future. I am sure the 5000k and 3000k they collected has finished by now . idiots
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by bobnatlo(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

My dr I get uoo!
But poverty is d bane of many things evil.
The first natural instinct of humans is survival. How can a drowning man be dictated to that grabbing the only floating log within his reach is against the law

Between the two devil's presented to the poor people of Ekiti. They simply resigned to fate voting for the highest bidder.
How could I blame them??

A true leader will never take advantage of his followers no matter how vulnerable they are. That's y children don't vote because their parents are supposed to protect their interest.

A medical personale with Ekiti civil service. Is just saying he's relocating his family abroad.
Nigerians have become damn too disgusted with what these parties can offer.

A gov haven't paid salary but have enough for campaign. Transferring 3k n giving civil servants 4k to vote for u. When u are owning them months. What an insult to a people as educated as them.

When u were there earlier, u embarked on white elephant projects ( govt house n others) in a state with d only major industries like education, agriculture and civil service. Dealt alot with civil servants.
Came with federal might and security to frustrate ur opponents from buying vote while allowing u to do same with impunity.
Where did u even get such money from. U didn't care about d poor masses of Ekiti B4 now only to show with bribe for them to mortgage their future n that of their children. I need not say that as soon as u take charge, primarily u will want to recoup ur investment, while the welfare of Ekiti people becomes secondary.
How will posterity judge u

To me I kindly submit that the real losers in this election are the people of Ekiti. While the real winners are those candidates that didn't buy votes really.
While the federal government should cover their head in great shape. This is d kind of election their change could offer. Even worse than Yaradua/GEJ did.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by amstamon: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:
Ekiti should remember not to cry or whine about their future suffering.

This is the same Fayemi who wasn't paying salaries in 2015, who they have now brought back to show them pepper in 2018.

People who ignore history are not only foolish, they're doomed to repeat it.

They let themselves be bought for nothing. Then they cry about corruption when they themselves are inherently corrupt to their rotten core.
Walai u funny gan. For ur information, Ekiti people are used to been bought for nothing. Remember Fayose shared rice, pepper, tomatoes and onion during his own Time. Oga dem no fit cry of corruption because they are used to suffering. Afterall na both party share money, na d winner takes it all
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/ekiti-2014-d-day-can-rice-salt-pepper-win-votes/

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by els0nm0rali(m): 8:30am On Jul 18, 2018
Babyforever:

But if he wants to bless them he gives them Fayose right?

Iranu.

I wonder why it's the easterners that are the most affected by this Ekiti election?

I must have missed something.

6 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by KingKingKing: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2018
a
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by SoNature(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

Nigerians are now wiser is the fakest fallacy I have seen in recent times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki Threatens To Deal With APC Leaders / Ekiti: PDP Reacts To Reported Threat By Fayose To Join APC / Goodhead: Wike, others responsible for the Murder of DPO Bako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.