Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others (33210 Views)

2023 Elections: Observer Group Presents Report, Calls For Unbundling Of INEC / Nigeria’s 2023 Election Fell Short Of Expectations – US Institutes / US Observer Group Says Election Shortcomings Orchestrated To Benefit Incumbent, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Sammye(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Am not a fan of PDP, APC or any other, but a fan of good governance. Any government that owes it's workers even half month pay should be stoned. Come on, that's the base of survival in this country.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by blackpanda: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2018
[s]
ehissi:

But am aware Fayose's bailout money was delayed by the Federal government. He was the last state they paid and the excuse was that they didn't wnat him to use the money to rig local government elections so they paid it much much later after local government elections.

The very day he was paid, it was published in T.V and print media and all over social media.

The fact of the matter is that, given the circumstances he found himself, he tried.What he owes civil servants wasn't this bad, until FG/Fayemi started tampering with his alerts. The man has tried, Give him some accolades abeg........
[/s]

Smh. The way u wailers fabricate lies and falsehoods is hilarious. FG has NEVER denied or delayed a kobo of ekiti money. If that happened u can trust that the Bollywood dramatist of a Governor would have gone to town crying blue murder.

My dear your lies are unnecessary. Ekiti have had enough of the useless noisemaker and the puppet he tried to foist on them! Cheers
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

You are correct.

What you left out was Fayose couldn't pay the workers because the APC federal government was withholding over N12 billion owed to Ekiti state for construction and road rehabilitation works. Instead of the federal government to release these funds; Fayemi colluded with the commissioner of Finance (Dapo Kolawole) to block the federal refund through court procedures.

This court action is what has helped up the funds and made it impossible for Fayose to pay the workers.

So pray tell, how can this same Fayemi come and pretend to be Ekiti savior when he is the cause of their problems?

This is the wickedness of Nigeria. These politicians make problems of their own hands and hold the solution until they get what they want. Then they parade themselves as martyrs, saviors who have done well for the people when all they have done is brought unnecessary hardship and suffering.

Are you giving an excuse??

How much did Fayose borrowed during his 4 years??

What inflated that fraud fly over from #5billion to #17 billion??

Do you know he can build that bridge and pay salaries owed with that #17 billion??

Please answer. My first question is very important
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by kkboy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
Your caption reads: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group

While the body of your news says “Addressing newsmen on behalf of the domestic observers, Gabriel Nwambu”

Why are we so deceptive in our write ups.

What is the name of the US Observer group and what did they say
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by sexylado(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
In 2014 when they killed Apc member and PDP won the election U S observer said the election went well, but now when Apc won the election and nobody is been killed U S observer is saying rubbish so they want us to be killing ourselves before election can be won
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Tareq1105: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:
Ekiti should remember not to cry or whine about their future suffering.

This is the same Fayemi who wasn't paying salaries in 2015, who they have now brought back to show them pepper in 2018.

People who ignore history are not only foolish, they're doomed to repeat it.

They let themselves be bought for nothing. Then they cry about corruption when they themselves are inherently corrupt to their rotten core.

Is Fayose paying salaries?

Fayemi owned just one month before he left in 2014. Fayose is owing 7 months now.

Igbos should leave South West alone. Was money not used in Anambra election? When Fayose was sharing money in govt house nobody talks. Ipob can't tell our stories for us.

Fayose who credited account of all Civil Servants, that he's owing 7 months salary, with #3,000 each a day to election, what do you call that?

You will only shout and you will soon keep quiet.

Mark it, PDP is buried in South West simple.

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Akolawole(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

This is the same Fayemi who wasn't paying salaries in 2015, who they have now brought back to show them pepper in 2018.

They let themselves be bought for nothing. Then they cry about corruption when they themselves are inherently corrupt to their rotten core.
Forget about your political party bro!

Fayemi was not owing salary then.

Point of correction, Fayemi finished his term in 2014.

Fayemil was paying senior citizens 5000 a month which your Fayose has stopped.

Fayemi was paying teachers of core subjects more money.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Princewell2012(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
If the country was sane, shouldn't the two parties involved in vote buying be disqualified. If to use as a lesson, let the third placed party be given the mandate.

Besides, this has got to be the funniest election as the pdp candidate seems more or less unknown. Apart from his master, haven't seen much or heard of him. Makes you wonder who exactly is trying to be governor.

You see. They intentionally teargas fayose to discouraged him of causing trouble during the election so they can manipulate and have their way. Since they know he is a very stubborn person. Buhari is a wicked man take it or leave it.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by abogjohn(m): 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

bro are you normal sir, what pepper is worst than owing ur people 7 months salary. I wonder how people like you think..
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
This Fayose's loss pain Igbos no be small.

The last Yoruba clown they adore has been kicked out so they have nothing on us again.

Anything or anyone they admire in the Southwest must be evicted. cool

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Tareq1105: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
Princewell2012:

You see. They intentionally teargas fayose to discouraged him of causing trouble during the election so they can manipulate and have their way. Since they know he is a very stubborn person. Buhari is a wicked man take it or leave it.

Your thoughts
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by LadyExcellency: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
Mynd44:

Fayemi was not governor in 2015, Fayose was.

And to counter it, Fayemi left governance owning just one month and the month of the handover (which had not ended yet) while no civil servant in Ekiti has been paid salary for any month in 2018 by Governor Fayose

Look at the type of lie coming from you.

Can't you do simple research, Oga Moderator?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Tareq1105: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
ba7man:
This Fayose's loss pain Igbos no be small.

The last Yoruba clown they adore has been kicked out so they have nothing on us again.

Anything or anyone they admire in the Southwest must be evicted. cool

Igbos are in pain. Your best friend and mouth piece in Oduduwa land has been tamed.

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Suplexx: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
Dannybammz:
After scrutinizing the results released by the INEC for the just concluded Ekiti state elections, my observations were as follows...
APC: 197,459
PDP: 178,114
Total: 316,019
According to the INEC...
But 197,459 + 178,114 = 375,573 according to how l was taught Arithmetic in school, so INEC where is the difference of 59,554...
Meanwhile 4 LGs gave the PDP 178,114 While 12 LGs gave APC 197,459 according to the Malthusian Theory of INEC??
Secondly according to the empirical formula of INEC which was posted on their website # EkitiDecides2018 goes thus...
*Accredited nos of voters= 405,585*
*Valid votes=384,594*
*Reject=18,857*
*Vote cast=403,451*

*Valid + rejected=493,188.*
So now how come valid votes plus Rejected votes is greater than numbers of Accredited votes of 405,585... And u say we should not ask INEC where they got their own Pythagoras theory of 40 degrees! When we all know that Pythagoras theory says Right angle Triangle is always 90 degrees..
I stand to be corrected!

Please help me with the INEC website. Let me see for myself
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by koboko69: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

You are making my point.

Ogun (note where I said their situation wasn't as severe), was able to clear all their payments because they were not blocked from receiving all of their federal reimbursements and allocations. If thess monies were blocked or delayed from reaching Ajimobi, how can he pay the workers?

That is exactly what Fayemi did here.

Fayemi blocked the disbursement of N12 billion. If he had not blocked it, Ekiti would be able to boast as well that they have paid all workers.

Don't worry. Once Fayemi enter office he will drop his court injunctions, the N12 billion naira will go to Ekiti and he will pay wages. Then people will herald him as a savior.

This PDP minions are just too unintelligent. He kept being flogged by mynd still he keeps churning out trash....chie!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Tareq1105:

Igbos are in pain. Your best friend and mouth piece in Oduduwa land has been tamed.
Fayose the terror of Buhari. grin grin grin
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by famosh: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
koboko69:

This PDP minions are just too unintelligent. He kept being flogged by mynd still he keeps churning out trash....chie!!!
Don't mind the fallout87 guy! He thinks by being able to write fairly good English, he's intelligent! Dumbos everywhere!
How in the world will someone think after, at least, 2 bail out funds specifically for payment of salaries (which the FG gave out of its own magnanimity) & even Paris Club refunds, it's still one outstanding N12bn that is causing the nonpayment of 7 months salaries? Nawa!
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by shekauvsbuhari: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

The parties involved and the masses that were induced financially

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

We aren’t all serious about the betterment of our country
I thought the yorubas are sophisticated. They are the dumbest tribe in this country afterall. How can they sell their votes so brazenly like that? And they say Ekiti is fountain of knowledge.Almajiris upnorth cannot even do so in such a brazen manner.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
I thought the yorubas are sophisticated. They are the dumbest tribe in this country afterall. How can they sell their votes so brazenly like that? And they say Ekiti is fountain of knowledge.Almajiris upnorth cannot even do so in such a brazen manner.
You're just another Igbo guy that's hurting because of Fayose's loss.......so you resort to typing nonsense but we all know you're in serious pain. grin grin grin
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by koboko69: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
famosh:

Don't mind the fallout87 guy! He thinks by being able to write fairly good English, he's intelligent! Dumbos everywhere!
How in the world will someone think after, at least, 2 bail out funds specifically for payment of salaries (which the FG gave out of its own magnanimity) & even Paris Club refunds, it's still one outstanding N12bn that is causing the nonpayment of 7 months salaries? Nawa!

Me just tire....
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by shekauvsbuhari: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
ba7man:
You're just another Igbo guy that's hurting because of Fayose's loss.......so you resort to typing nonsense but we all know you're in serious pain. grin grin grin
I care nothing about ur useless fayose.an apology of a governor, or the fulani ass-licking fayemi. My worry is the foolishness of a supposedly knowledgeable people like U selling their votes.On what locus would U fools stand to hold him to account 2moro?U should know U just voted in a worse thief.So Ekiti has no good candidate?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by UnchangeableGod: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
somehow:

Wether you shared before or after, buttom line is that you shared.

The president is not the chairman nor the one running for governorship position. The chairman is in charge of the running of the party, not the president.

So the president is the only one that integrity should be tagged on and not pdp and everyone else including all Ekiti voters and you yourself?

Are you alien to having integrity? Since Ekiti people were only ready to vote for who would give them money (more). No thanks to the poverty in Ekiti state caused by the governor. (pdp). Should Apc now turn saint so as to allow pdp win by sharing the money as usual to please who exactly?

It's okay for pdp to share as they have been doing since 16 years ago but not okay for other parties abi?

Some people had the choice of voting for anyone, no one forced them to collect money. I have never collected money to vote before and i still voted my choice, so what?
This theory of yours that the president knows nothing about the running of the party as per the election is very much incredible. Yes, he is not the chairman of the party or the governorship candidate but they have his full backing as per the strategies to ensure the results favour their party.The money used to induce voters was approved by who? The security used to encourage the scam was deployed on whose instruction? If he is not privy, who has or will be brought to book or reprimanded for such infringements? Let me tell you sir, integrity is not a tag neither is it a title. It is honesty in all your dealings. And from your statement, I deduce that the persons comprising the two main parties do not have integrity or have lost it.Then somebody should stop preaching up and down that he is fighting corruption while he is part of the corrupt politicians and system. That is to me hypocrisy. By the grace of God, my humble self has real integrity. Of course, you do not know me but I am forced to say it because you implied that I am among those who do not have it. My concern in all this is that with this way of 'winning' elections in Nigeria, politicians would rather concentrate on stealing more money so as to buy votes in the next election instead of good governance. It is a pity. May God save us.

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
I care nothing about ur useless fayose.an apology of a governor, or the fulani ass-licking fayemi. My worry is the foolishness of a supposedly knowledgeable people like U selling their votes.On what locus would U fools stand to hold him to account 2moro?U should know U just voted in a worse thief.So Ekiti has no good candidate?
Yeah, yeah.......cry me a river

Your tears nourish me. tongue tongue tongue
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by somehow: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
This theory of yours that the president knows nothing about the running of the party as per the election is very much incredible. Yes, he is not the chairman of the party or the governorship candidate but they have his full backing as per the strategies to ensure the results favour their party.The money used to induce voters was approved by who? The security used to encourage the scam was deployed on whose instruction? If he is not privy, who has or will be brought to book or reprimanded for such infringements? Let me tell you sir, integrity is not a tag neither is it a title. It is honesty in all your dealings. And from your statement, I deduce that the persons comprising the two main parties do not have integrity or have lost it.Then somebody should stop preaching up and down that he is fighting corruption while he is part of the corrupt politicians and system. That is to me hypocrisy. By the grace of God, my humble self has real integrity. Of course, you do not know me but I am forced to say it because you implied that I am among those who do not have it. My concern in all this is that with this way of 'winning' elections in Nigeria, politicians would rather concentrate on stealing more money so as to buy votes in the next election instead of good governance. It is a pity. May God save us.

Point to where i stated the president knew nothing about what happened.

Btw, you have integrity yet ignored the founder of money politics while concentrating on just one party?

If you have integrity, why single out one of the 2 erring parties?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Jaideyone(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

too much ignorance in a single post. let me make corrections
1.) fayemi left 2014, he was not the governor for a minute in 2015

2.) he left owing just a month salary but now fayose is owing 8months.

cure your ignorance and stop polluting nairaland
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Jaideyone(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

Why aren't you being truthful?

* The Paris loan refund was received a year ago and it was supposed to be distributed between all local governments. As far as we know it was done properly.

* One of those bailouts was years ago. The recent bailout EFCC needed to get involved at Fayose's request because the commissioner of finance and AG were diverting/stealing funds.

You mention the bridge he built and how it could have paid salaries, correct?

That is my point.

The Federal Government OWES Ekiti state for construction and road works; that bridge being part of it. Had Fayemi not went to court to block the reimbursement of the funds; wages would have been paid.

Fayemi delayed the release of the N12 billion using court action, then built his campaign on Fayose not paying the workers.... something Fayemi was accused of doing during his tenure. It worked perfectly and as we can see you bought the charade hook line and sinker.

Source of Fayose addressing Fayemi's action to impede Ekiti from receiving their federal reimbursement of monies owed: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/129652/
lol why is this guy that doesn't even know ekiti fooling himself all over the thread grin fajuyi is a federal road? and the fly over must be paid for by the FG when fajuyi is a state road? grin your ignorance is comic relief.

pls mention the roads fayemi constructed in ekiti that the FG is yet to pay for grin
fayose didn't construct any road!!! fayemi did the construction and he wasn't owing salary despite the debt!!!

pls mention the roads
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by deomelo: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Election don happy, den don declare winner and Ekiti people don move on, but ipob villagers are still crying, wailing, moaning, mourning and constituting nuisance on the internet.

I mean, how pathetic and anti social can these Igbos be

grin grin grin
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by emmanuelex1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
How can you compare US and Nigeria? Please enlighten yourself. I have no interest in your teachings.
AmiciLord:
Shey Nigeria dey send observers to monitor US election ni? Must US monitor us? Dont we have our senses to know that we are not supposed to collect money to vote?

US talked dan GEJ to step dan for PMB. US remain one of the biggest problems in the world. They cause mess everywhere they go. In fact this na morning I no want to waste my time to enlighten you on some things you don't know. We can do this later after work.

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by flames01: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:

The people didn't vote fayemi. Inec rigged that election
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by DK2daworld: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

The parties involved and the masses that were induced financially

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

We aren’t all serious about the betterment of our country

I quite agree with you, but when the leaders, and politicians in particular refuse to put the necessary infrastructural development in place to help the masses achieve their different aspirations, but rather do little or nothing that end up leaving the teaming youths and even adults to their mercy. So long as poverty level in the country continue to rise, the same poverty created by those who are suppose to lead us in various sector of our national life, politicians will continue in cycle of exploiting gullible ones.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by icon02(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

The discourse here is Ekiti
The same reason those states could not pay which is apparently the drastic downsizing of every state's allocation due to the fall in the price of crude explains his too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Driver Surrenders To Police After Crushing LAWMA Officials To Death / Photos From The Heavy Fire Incident At NNPC Super Mega Station In Abuja Today / FFK Blames Peter Obi & Obidients For Obasanjo's Disrespecting Of Yoruba Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.