Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa (2591 Views)

US Customs Seizes Undeclared $68k Cash From Nigeria-bound Family / 2 Men Struggle To Carry Plus-Sized Lady On A Bike / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by itzmoni(m): 4:32am On Jul 18, 2018
Please guys need help to know how much you can come into the country with in cash from USA... Don't want harassment at the airport...and also if it is possible to make deposit at a bank in USA and then get the money over at Nigeria.. I am really confused... I have tried sending myself Money with western union and moneygram but its not working...help guys..please very urgent... What card is best for our ATM.. Can a visa American card work on our ATM... Please help oo

PS...just attached my ATM card...asked my bank here and the lady told me it should work and I should dispense in naira ...but I am not 100% sure it would go through.
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:36am On Jul 18, 2018
Money Laundering in Nigeria is a crime.
Therefore if you are carrying a cash value exceeding
$10, 000, you may be prosecuted.

This is what the Law says concerning that......

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) notes with concern the increasing trafficking of huge sums of foreign currency across our borders. This practice is in defiance of the extant dictates of Section 2 (subsection 3-5) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (as amended) which categorically states that:

·“Transportation of cash or negotiable instruments in excess of US$10,000.00 or its equivalent by individuals in or out of the country shall be declared to the Nigerian Customs Service.” (subsection 3)

·“The Nigerian Customs Service shall report any declaration made pursuant to subsection (3) of this section to the Central Bank of Nigeria.”(subsection 4)

·“Any person who falsely declares or fails to make a declaration to the Nigerian Customs Service pursuant to section 12 of the Foreign Exchange (Monitoring and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, F34, LFN, 2004 is guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to forfeit the undeclared funds or negotiable instrument or to imprisonments to term of not less than 2 years or to both.” (subsection 5).

GOODLUCK.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by HungerBAD: 4:36am On Jul 18, 2018
Universally it is $9,999 at any airport and you don't need to declare it.

Once it hits $10,000 and above, it has to be declared. And you have to declare what the cash is for.

Don't know if there is a bank in Nigeria that dispenses Dollars, so I doubt if your card will work in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:41am On Jul 18, 2018
HungerBAD:

Once it hits $10,000 and above, it has to be declared. And you have to declare what the cash is for.

Don't know if there is a bank in Nigeria that dispenses Dollars, so I doubt if your card will work in Nigeria.
You are right man......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by peacengine(m): 4:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Use world remitt
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by EsanEmmanuel(m): 4:57am On Jul 18, 2018
There's a new app called WAVE... WORLD REMIT is good too.. the money will go straight to your igerian accoumt. The former got better convertion rates though at zero charge
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by Time2Smile(m): 5:27am On Jul 18, 2018
If you don't need Dollar currency but only need Naira in Nigeria, I don't see the reason you should carry a lot of Dollars. It is not really safe. You can always transfer into your Nigeria account through Transferwise( An international, reputable company). Their rate is 355 Naira to 1 Dollar. Your money get to your Nigerian account in about 1h. You can use my referral code https://transferwise.com/w/adedamolas
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by Lewist(m): 6:19am On Jul 18, 2018
I can be of help I live here in US too, Memphis TN. Contact me.you can drop your number

itzmoni:
Please guys need help to know how much you can come into the country with in cash from USA... Don't want harassment at the airport...and also if it is possible to make deposit at a bank in USA and then get the money over at Nigeria.. I am really confused... I have tried sending myself Money with western union and moneygram but its not working...help guys..please very urgent... What card is best for our ATM.. Can a visa American card work on our ATM... Please help oo

1 Like

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by itzmoni(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2018
OK guys...thanks a lot...keep them comments coming please... Plan to come with less than 10k...
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2018
itzmoni:

PS...just attached my ATM card...asked my bank here and the lady told me it should work and I should dispense in naira ...but I am not 100% sure it would go through.
ask ur mum or father to open a skybank account here in nigeria (if u trust them) then use worldremmit to send it down here to nigeria maximum of $9k

1 Like

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
HungerBAD:

Did you get the mail?
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by HungerBAD: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Did you get the mail?

Sorry I have not looked at my email.

Checking now.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
HungerBAD:

Sorry I have not looked at my email.
Checking now.
Take your time boss
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by itzmoni(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
peacengine:
Use world remitt
please how does world remit work...in Nigeria but I can't sign up because there is no place for Nigeria on the form to register.
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by itzmoni(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
adetoroamos:
ask ur mum or father to open a skybank account here in nigeria (if u trust them) then use worldremmit to send it down here to nigeria maximum of $9k
please sir...how does world remit work...I am in Nigeria and would soon receive money from the states...but I don't see Nigeria on the form to register.. Please help me..thanks
Re: Please I Want 2 Know How Much Is Too Much 2 Carry Into Nigeria In Cash From Usa by oshobugie22: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
itzmoni:
please sir...how does world remit work...I am in Nigeria and would soon receive money from the states...but I don't see Nigeria on the form to register.. Please help me..thanks

Today is your lucky day

I have a solution to your problems

Go to localbitcoins and buy bitcoin
Avoid online deal and do a face 2 face deal so buy the bitcoin and send it to your blockchain

U can buy unlimited

So when u get to Nigeria

Sell it back.

(1) (Reply)

See The Bad State Of Roads In Epe, The Hometown Of Former Lagos State Gov - Pics / At 34 Years Of Age, Can I Still Be Admitted Into Undergraduate Program In London / Nigeria To US. What Are The Steps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.