Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads (16810 Views)

Manufacturers List Conditions To Slash Rising Cement Price / Cement Price Surges To N15,000 In Abuja / Start To Finish Of The Construction Of Concrete Top Kitchen Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by RZArecta2(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Reduce price of cement ? Ok reduce multiple taxation faced by manufacturers and provide basic infrastructure like you're supposed to do eg good roads and electricity instead of forcing manufacturers to provide those things themselves. It's a no brainer

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by sammirano: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2018
bigt2:
Tell that to my ass. How many times will the price of cement be reduced only for us to have paper numbers which will shoot back up
Is cement price a spring? angry

Spring bawo. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by hooklover: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2018
The non available power supply is a major reason why goods are expensive.

This is were govt has failed to deliver steady uninterrupted power supply to power industries..

One cannot be buying diesel to power generators and expect goods to be cheap.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by erico2k2(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2018
Aarenasbaba:
Is dangote not your northern brother...... Call his number nah
abii

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by COMPAQ(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I smell someone in the backround trying to foool the foolish government. Concrete roads can NEVER ever be cheaper than Coal tar roads. ITS A NEVER.

I read the article again. i didn't see anywhere it was said that concrete roads are cheaper. The main argument for concrete roads is that they last much longer than asphalt/bitumen roads. How true this is I don't know, but let's assume that it is.

Therefore is a bitumen road is N10bln and lasts 10 years and a concrete road is N16bln and lasts 30 years, in terms of longer term value, you could argue that the concrete road makes more sense. but it remains to be seen. This is where we need our academics to research these things and provide findings to the public, cement manufacturers and government. But our professors are busy reading out same notes for the past 10-15 years. Absolutely no research.

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2018
hooklover:
The non available power supply is a major reason why goods are expensive.

This is were govt has failed to deliver steady uninterrupted power supply to power industries..

One cannot be buying diesel to power generators and expect goods to be cheap.
instead they are planning on spending $millions in buying new planes for Nigeria Airways

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibukunmer:
Concrete road is bad news personally

Enlighten me please. What's bad news about concrete road?
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Do not think the price of cement in nigeria can fall . A lot of the cement companies borrowed money to start up. Some of them got loans at very high interest rates to start up. To make matters worse the cement companies have put nigeria economy in a alot of dates. If you go to benin republic and togo it seems dangote cement is cheaper there. in Ghana diamond cement is cheaper about 1400 to 1800 naira.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Ikpongiton: 9:22am On Jul 18, 2018
a bag of high quality cement in ghana is #800 but in nigeria where dangote and his co criminals in government hold sway,it is #2700 a bag.

1 Like

Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 18, 2018
Ikpongiton:
a bag of high quality cement in ghana is #800 but in nigeria where dangote and his co criminals in government hold sway,it is #2700 a bag.

Please tell me where can I buy diamond cement in ghana for 800 naira because where I am diamond cement is 1400 naira I live outside accra samoa.

Issue with nigeria this cement companies borrowed a lot of money to start up. A good example is dangote dangote was promising investors 100 to 200% profit if they invest in dangote holdings.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by ahiboilandgas: 9:37am On Jul 18, 2018
edunwablog:

The Federal Government has called on cement manufacturers to consider reducing the price of the commodity in order to improve local consumption for various infrastructural projects, even as they continue to build their export capacity.

Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, argued that cement price can be cheaper if per capita consumption increases through adoption of concrete roads and collaboration among local producers.

Osinbajo, during the inauguration of BUA Cement plant in Sokoto, on Tuesday, said: “Currently, Nigeria produces over 40 million tonnes of cement annually. Nigeria produces more cement than any other country in Africa. Indeed, when put together, several other countries still cannot produce as much cement.

“Nigeria’s huge market size of high urbanisation rate of 3.5 per cent, and even now, a low per capita cement consumption of about 125kg, and an estimated housing deficit of 17 million are key drivers for the growth of the Nigerian cement industry in the medium term.

“We have plenty of capacity to consume cement locally. As mentioned earlier, two issues require urgent attention. The first is the price of cement, it surely can be cheaper.

I know the standard arguments such as power, transportation, and other challenges, but it is still a lucrative business, and I know the reduction of price is possible between the major players.

“The second issue is concrete roads. We can change the narrative on road construction dramatically if we think through using concrete buildings in Nigeria,” he added.

Meanwhile, BUA Group has announced plans to commence exportation of cement with its recently inaugurated 1.5 million metric tonnes (MMT) cement plant in Sokoto to neighbouring countries, while also meeting local demand for the commodity.

With the inauguration of the Sokoto Plant, and completion of the expanded plant in Okpella, Edo State, the Group’s installed capacity is expected to hit 8MMT by the end of 2018.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu, said the ultra modern cement plant holds a significant promise for the local market, and has huge export potential to earn foreign exchange for the country.

Rabiu said: “In the event that we choose to export, the Forex savings and potential forex this could generate for the country is huge.

We are in a prime position to actually deliver the entire demand here within the North-West, which is our catchment area, and also export; even though at BUA, we have made it a policy to cater first to our home market before we export.”

Meanwhile, the Chairman also said the second line of its $1billion Obu Cement Complex in Okpella, Edo State inaugurated in August 2017, would be completed this year end. He said BUA Cement investment in Edo remains the single largest private-led investment in the entire South-South region of Nigeria, outside the oil and gas industry.

He continued: “By the time that plant is completed by the end of the year – together with what we have here, BUA Cement’s total production volumes will be in excess of eight million tonnes, and that would give us over 35 per cent of the entire volumes produced in Nigeria.”

The Governor of Sokoto State, Dr. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, urged investors to exploit opportunities in the State through the huge deposit of natural resources, adding that the State has developed a blue print on the ease of doing business to encourage investors and protect their investments.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/fg-pushes-for-lower-cement-price.html
i think say aboki no go school or sabi bussiness according to ipob
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Ibukunmer: 10:25am On Jul 18, 2018
givan:

Enlighten me please. What's bad news about concrete road?
Trust me you don't want to start laying concrete road in Nigeria. It's very expensive to maintain and build. In addition to that, it's not as grippy (good for fuel) as Asphalt which can be very dangerous during rainy season.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by CoolAmbience(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
I know they will still go and ask dangote and co to forgive them this reckless utterances. Because they don't care for the masses.

Bricklayers are now turning to petty criminals do to lack of building site.

Cement that is less than 1000 naira elswhere is now 2500 in Nigeria, the mlking of the masses continues.

"...due to lack of building sites".

Just read this quote of the Great Madiba:

"Resentment is when you take poison believing that it would kill your enemies"

If you know, you know.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by justtoodark: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2018
we should abandon asphalt roads...its not suitable for nigerias swumpy enviroment.....
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Ikpongiton: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Please tell me where can I buy diamond cement in ghana for 800 naira because where I am diamond cement is 1400 naira I live outside accra samoa.

Issue with nigeria this cement companies borrowed a lot of money to start up. A good example is dangote dangote was promising investors 100 to 200% profit if they invest in dangote holdings.
are you trying to say that,dangote is not a thief.thank God you've agreed that a bag of cement in ghana is #1400.now do the calculation and put up the answer
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
We shall get it right someday.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by okwabayi(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
All they want to do's give Nigerians something to talk about as usual. I'm not falling for this until actions are put in place.
Re: FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
COMPAQ:

I read the article again. i didn't see anywhere it was said that concrete roads are cheaper. The main argument for concrete roads is that they last much longer than asphalt/bitumen roads. How true this is I don't know, but let's assume that it is.

Therefore is a bitumen road is N10bln and lasts 10 years and a concrete road is N16bln and lasts 30 years, in terms of longer term value, you could argue that the concrete road makes more sense. but it remains to be seen. This is where we need our academics to research these things and provide findings to the public, cement manufacturers and government. But our professors are busy reading out same notes for the past 10-15 years. Absolutely no research.

There is no research to make sir, Concrete road is nothing less than 3 times more expensive than coal tars.

Don't even go there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This / HELP-- Monthly Or Quarterly Rent Accommodation Or Sublet Needed In Lagos / Farmland For Oil Palm Plantation At Cheap Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.