Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

1st Corinthians 5. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1st Corinthians 5. (429 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / 2 Corinthians (as our bodies die, our Spirits are being Renewed everyday.) / Books Of Corinthians(Paul on the foolishness of human wisdom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1st Corinthians 5. by Gggg102(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2018
1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

what is the explanation of this passage and how does it affect the teaching of salvation/justification?

cc: Jiggaz, bloodofthelamb, ken4christ, ubenedictus, solite3...
Re: 1st Corinthians 5. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2018
Gggg102:
1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

what is the explanation of this passage and how does it affect the teaching of salvation/justification?

it is a basic passage.

incest appeared among the Christians in the Church, Paul said that shouldn't even be heard among Christians and directed he should be excommunicated.

Even Christians can fall from grace, the Christian Church has the duty to ensure discipline.

as for salvation, the passage isn't classically about that, it only shows that even Christians sin and sometimes in horrible ways.
Re: 1st Corinthians 5. by NewsOnline: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gggg102:

The key to understanding is in verse 1-2: "A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?"

The key is also in verse 11 - "But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people."

Paul says two things here:

1. These people are proud and see nothing wrong with this kind of behaviour

2. These people committing sexual immorality "CLAIM" to be in Christ. They are not in Christ, even though they profess to be.

Being under Grace and not living in triumph over sin and bearing the fruit of the Spirit is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet. Paul was absolutely confident that these people only claimed to be in Christ because CHRIST SAYS WE BEAR MUCH FRUIT WHEN WE ARE IN HIM. See John 15:5-

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

So is Christ lying when He says this? Certainly not!!!! Christ said if you are in Him you will bear "much fruit." What fruit? See the fruit of being in Christ in Galatians 5:22-23:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."

These people who are committing sexual immorality and so on are not in Christ, even though they profess to be, or else they would bear much fruit. Christ said so. But these immoral ones do not have the supply of the Spirit and so cannot bear the fruit of the Spirit. The supply of the Spirit is required for us to bear fruit. So HOW does God supply us with His Spirit? See this in Galatians 3:5-

"Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—"

See the Good News Translation: "Does God give you the Spirit and work miracles among you because you do what the Law requires or because you hear the gospel and believe it?"

WHEN A PERSON IS UNDER THE HEARING OF FAITH, GOD SUPPLIES HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SO HE GETS TO BEAR THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.

The hearing of FAITH is what Paul talked about in Romans 1-

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News (gospel) about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in His sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”

And how does God make us right In His sight? See Romans 3-

"26...for He Himself is fair and just, and He makes sinners right in His sight when they believe in Jesus. 27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law."

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH. TRYING TO KEEP THE LAW - whether in order to get right with God or as a guiding principle for morality or in order to escape God's wrath or just for whatever- IS BEING FAITHLESS.

Thinking that your sins are not forgiven until you do certain things or that God's wrath can still fall on you for whatever reason or that you can perish and not have everlasting life IF YOU SIN while claiming to be in Christ is to deceive yourself. Let’s take our blessed brains to church. Matthew 1:21 says:

“And she will have a Son, and you are to name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Titus 2:14 too- "He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Christ came to save us from our sins. How can our Saviour who came to save us from our sins use those very sins that He came to save us from as an excuse for not saving us and even punish us with death for them? This is akin to an oncologist dad refusing to treat his own beloved child who has cancer and even punishing his child....because his child has cancer.

The one who is in Christ CANNOT continue to wallow in sins because CHRIST SAVES FROM SINS.

But many are trying to save themselves from their sins using the arm of flesh (human effort) that will fail. THIS IS NOT THE GOSPEL. THIS IS NOT CHRISTIANITY. The hearing of faith is the GOSPEL OF CHRIST which is captured in Romans 5:9 -

"And there is still much more to say of his unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

The gospel is NOT that horrid mixture that says "Now that you are born-again, you have to do your best to keep the Law and live a righteous life so that God can bless you and so you can go to heaven." This horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace is the "neither cold nor hot" that Christ speaks of in Revelation 3. The law is not of faith.

But this is what many "Christians" are practicing- calling on Jesus yet depending on human effort at keeping the Law for salvation. SIN HAS DOMINION HERE; according to Romans 6:14-

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace."

Those immoral people who Paul talked about in the bible passage that you quoted and their counterparts today are under the dominion of sin as they are trying to keep the law in order to be godly. They CLAIM to be in Christ but they are not. Remember Paul said in the passage you quoted:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people."

They claim to be a part of us but they are not because what they believe is not the gospel.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL-

Romans 10:9-10 says: "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ”

In order to be saved, one must confess with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believe that God has raised Him from the dead. But why was Christ raised from the dead? What did He accomplish for us in His resurrection? God raising the Lord Jesus from the dead was not just because He could. His resurrection is the divine receipt showing that we who believe have been forgiven of all of our sins and made righteous by His "single sacrifice for sins, good for all time" (Hebrews 10:12.) This according to Romans 4:25-

“Who was delivered up because of our offences, and was raised up because of our being declared righteous."

See the TPT: “Jesus was handed over to be crucified for the forgiveness of our sins and was raised back to life to prove that He had made us right with God!”

Christ would not have risen from the dead if our lifetime of sins had not been forgiven and we had not been declared righteous by God. His resurrection is akin to seeing someone who went to serve a death sentence in an impregnable prison for the crimes of another walking free. As believers, we know that the wages of our lifetime of sins (death) have been fully paid and we have everlasting righteousness because Christ is risen. To think that God is still hanging some sin over our heads until we do something or that we can miss the Rapture BECAUSE OF THE SAME SINS THAT CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE TO FREE US FROM IS UNBELIEF. SIN HAS DOMINION OVER SUCH WHO BELIEVE THIS WAY, "FOR SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU FOR YOU ARE NOT UNDER LAW BUT UNDER GRACE."

Remember Romans 10:10 "For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Only when we believe that we have been made righteous in Christ and apart from works, believing in our heart and confessing with our mouth that He is "The Lord our Righteousness" are we saved, even salvation from sins.

THOUGHT TO ADD: Many people think that not being ashamed of the gospel of Christ is being able to preach inside bus. Even Satan can preach inside bus. But Satan's minister's preaching focuses on what YOU must do by HUMAN EFFORT to be righteous/godly (be like God) and not what CHRIST has done. Same strategy Satan used on Eve whom God made to be like Himself. The result of believing that horrid mixture of Law and Grace is sin has dominion and death reigns, just as it was with Adam and Eve. Hence immorality among those who profess Christ and are trying to be godly (be like God) through human effort aka using their knowledge of good and evil, just as Eve did with the tree of the same name.

The Spirit of the antichrist is not anti-God. In fact, it preaches STRONGLY about living a godly life but its own way of being godly (be like God) is through human effort aka the arm of flesh. Adam and Eve fell for this demonic doctrine.

But Christ suffered to make us "be like God." Isaiah prophesied the suffering of Jesus in Isaiah 53. See the result of the work that He accomplished for us in Isaiah 53:11-

"After He has suffered, He will see the light of life. And He will be satisfied. My godly servant will make many people godly because of what He will accomplish. He will be punished for their sins."

Christ died to make us godly aka "be like God." But Satan, through his seemingly holy ministers, tries to deceive believers whom Christ has made godly into keeping the Law that kills (a picture of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) as the means of attaining godliness/righteousness. Same way he deceived Eve. Believer, eat FREELY of the TREE OF LIFE and LIVE FOREVER. HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST!

1 Like

Re: 1st Corinthians 5. by NewsOnline: 11:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ubenedictus:
it is a basic passage.

incest appeared among the Christians in the Church, Paul said that shouldn't even be heard among Christians and directed he should be excommunicated.

Even Christians can fall from grace, the Christian Church has the duty to ensure discipline.

as for salvation, the passage isn't classically about that, it only shows that even Christians sin and sometimes in horrible ways.

The bible is very clear about how a Christian can fall from grace and it is not by committing sin. See Galatians 5:4-

"For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace."

Please run away from that church that is telling you that your sins are what make you fall from grace! Matthew 1:21 says of Christ:

“And she will have a Son, and you are to name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Titus 2:14 too- "He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Christ came to save us from our sins. How can our Saviour who came to save us from our sins use those very sins that He came to save us from as an excuse for not saving us and even punish us with death for them? This is akin to an oncologist dad refusing to treat his own beloved child who has cancer and even punishing his child....because his child has cancer.

In Christ, we are children of God. He fills us with His Spirit, the only sin "chemo" that transforms us to "the image of His glory...." as it is written in 2 Corinthians 3:18-

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Our Saviour's eyes burn at and destroy the cancer that is sin but radiates perfect love for the sinner who trusts in Him.

Romans 5:19 says- "By one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."

The verse above is very clear: committing acts of sin is not what makes a person a sinner. The sin (old nature) inherited from Adam made all of his descendants sinners. Sinners have the sin nature and thus will produce sin. Likewise, our righteous acts cannot make any righteous in God's sight. Christ's obedience did for all who believe, so we get to bear fruit to righteousness in Christ.

Romans 5:9 says of God: "And there is still much more to say of his unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

The one with the old nature inherited from Adam is not a new creation in Christ. He does not believe that Christ's blood is enough. He tries to keep the law in order to be godly or for whatever reason. He feels he can still experience the wrath of God when God says NEVER for we who are in Christ. He thinks he falls from grace when he sins. This is the story of many churchgoers today. The sin nature, when activated by the law that many are trying to keep in order to be godly, causes sin to multiply: Romans 7:5-

"When we were controlled by our old nature,[a] sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death."

Only when we receive God's abundance of Grace and His gift of righteousness to us in Christ do we get to live in triumph over sin and death: Romans 5:17-

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

The one who is in Christ CANNOT continue to wallow in sins because CHRIST SAVES FROM SINS.

How can the blind lead the blind? The fact that a church is trying to "enforce discipline" in order to keep believers from "falling from grace" shows that the church is hearing what Paul described as "doctrines of demons." God's word says human effort (the arm of flesh) will fail, is powerless and cannot as we see in Romans 7:18: Paul who knew and kept the law more than anyone among us today realised how powerless he was against sin

"For I know that nothing good lives within the flesh of my fallen humanity. The longings to do what is right are within me, but will-power is not enough to accomplish it."

But Pride in the arm of flesh (human effort at obedience) that will fail makes some say: "No, I can. God's word must be wrong. I still have some good in me. I can keep the law and do good by myself.”

This is not a good place to be for anybody because it gives Satan the opportunity to "sift you like wheat" as he did with Peter after Peter boasted that he would not deny Christ. You can be sure that God cannot lie. All who trust in their human effort to do right (the arm of flesh) will utterly fail when temptation comes, just like Peter. But there is something about the arm of flesh that wants to be relevant in the story of our salvation. That something is Pride. The earlier we all see that of ourselves, there is no good in any of us, the better.

The reason why we are not committing particular sins is because God did not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. The potential to commit heinous crimes is in everybody. God sees this potential and how favourable circumstances can make some people think that some sins are beneath them and that they can obey the law...until like Peter, a temptation that is beyond them happens. We all need God's saving Grace who saves from sin and death.

We are earthen vessels. Christ is the good in us. We who believe were dead branches. God grafted us to Christ the Tree of Life. It is His power that flows in us and causes us to bear "much fruit.:, so we who believe cannot boast in our own strength. We have none. The Lord is our Righteousness and our Strength.
Re: 1st Corinthians 5. by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2018
NewsOnline:

The key to understanding is in verse 1-2: "A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?"

The key is also in verse 11 - "But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people."

Paul says two things here:

1. These people are proud and see nothing wrong with this kind of behaviour

2. These people committing sexual immorality "CLAIM" to be in Christ. They are not in Christ, even though they profess to be.

Being under Grace and not living in triumph over sin and bearing the fruit of the Spirit is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet. Paul was absolutely confident that these people only claimed to be in Christ because CHRIST SAYS WE BEAR MUCH FRUIT WHEN WE ARE IN HIM. See John 15:5-

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

So is Christ lying when He says this? Certainly not!!!! Christ said if you are in Him you will bear "much fruit." What fruit? See the fruit of being in Christ in Galatians 5:22-23:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."

These people who are committing sexual immorality and so on are not in Christ, even though they profess to be, or else they would bear much fruit. Christ said so. But these immoral ones do not have the supply of the Spirit and so cannot bear the fruit of the Spirit. The supply of the Spirit is required for us to bear fruit. So HOW does God supply us with His Spirit? See this in Galatians 3:5-

"Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—"

See the Good News Translation: "Does God give you the Spirit and work miracles among you because you do what the Law requires or because you hear the gospel and believe it?"

WHEN A PERSON IS UNDER THE HEARING OF FAITH, GOD SUPPLIES HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SO HE GETS TO BEAR THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.

The hearing of FAITH is what Paul talked about in Romans 1-

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News (gospel) about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in His sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”

And how does God make us right In His sight? See Romans 3-

"26...for He Himself is fair and just, and He makes sinners right in His sight when they believe in Jesus. 27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law."

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH. TRYING TO KEEP THE LAW - whether in order to get right with God or as a guiding principle for morality or in order to escape God's wrath or just for whatever- IS BEING FAITHLESS.

Thinking that your sins are not forgiven until you do certain things or that God's wrath can still fall on you for whatever reason or that you can perish and not have everlasting life IF YOU SIN while claiming to be in Christ is to deceive yourself. Let’s take our blessed brains to church. Matthew 1:21 says:

But many are trying to save themselves from their sins using the arm of flesh (human effort) that will fail. THIS IS NOT THE GOSPEL. THIS IS NOT CHRISTIANITY. The hearing of faith is the GOSPEL OF CHRIST which is captured in Romans 5:9 -

"And there is still much more to say of his unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

The gospel is NOT that horrid mixture that says "Now that you are born-again, you have to do your best to keep the Law and live a righteous life so that God can bless you and so you can go to heaven." This horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace is the "neither cold nor hot" that Christ speaks of in Revelation 3. The law is not of faith.

But this is what many "Christians" are practicing- calling on Jesus yet depending on human effort at keeping the Law for salvation. SIN HAS DOMINION HERE; according to Romans 6:14-

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace."

Those immoral people who Paul talked about in the bible passage that you quoted and their counterparts today are under the dominion of sin as they are trying to keep the law in order to be godly. They CLAIM to be in Christ but they are not. Remember Paul said in the passage you quoted:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people."

They claim to be a part of us but they are not because what they believe is not the gospel.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL-

Romans 10:9-10 says: "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ”

In order to be saved, one must confess with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believe that God has raised Him from the dead. But why was Christ raised from the dead? What did He accomplish for us in His resurrection? God raising the Lord Jesus from the dead was not just because He could. His resurrection is the divine receipt showing that we who believe have been forgiven of all of our sins and made righteous by His "single sacrifice for sins, good for all time" (Hebrews 10:12.) This according to Romans 4:25-

“Who was delivered up because of our offences, and was raised up because of our being declared righteous."

See the TPT: “Jesus was handed over to be crucified for the forgiveness of our sins and was raised back to life to prove that He had made us right with God!”

Christ would not have risen from the dead if our lifetime of sins had not been forgiven and we had not been declared righteous by God. His resurrection is akin to seeing someone who went to serve a death sentence in an impregnable prison for the crimes of another walking free. As believers, we know that the wages of our lifetime of sins (death) have been fully paid and we have everlasting righteousness because Christ is risen. To think that God is still hanging some sin over our heads until we do something or that we can miss the Rapture BECAUSE OF THE SAME SINS THAT CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE TO FREE US FROM IS UNBELIEF. SIN HAS DOMINION OVER SUCH WHO BELIEVE THIS WAY, "FOR SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU FOR YOU ARE NOT UNDER LAW BUT UNDER GRACE."

Remember Romans 10:10 "For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Only when we believe that we have been made righteous in Christ and apart from works, believing in our heart and confessing with our mouth that He is "The Lord our Righteousness" are we saved, even salvation from sins.

THOUGHT TO ADD: Many people think that not being ashamed of the gospel is being able to preach inside bus. Even Satan can preach inside bus. But Satan's minister's preaching focuses on what YOU must do by HUMAN EFFORT to be righteous/godly (be like God.) Same strategy Satan used on Eve whom God made to be like Himself. The result of believing that horrid mixture of Law and Grace is sin has dominion and death reigns, just as it was with Adam and Eve. Hence immorality among those who profess Christ and are trying to be godly (be like God) through human effort aka using their knowledge of good and evil, just as Eve did with the tree of the same name.

The Spirit of the antichrist is not anti-God. In fact, it preaches STRONGLY about living a godly life but its own way of being godly (be like God). Adam and Eve fell for this demonic doctrine.

Isaiah prophesied the suffering of Jesus in Isaiah 53. See the result of the work that He accomplished for us in Isaiah 53:11-

"After He has suffered, He will see the light of life. And He will be satisfied. My godly servant will make many people godly because of what He will accomplish. He will be punished for their sins."

Christ died to make us godly aka "be like God." But Satan, through his seemingly holy ministers, tries to deceive believers whom Christ has made godly into keeping the Law that kills (a picture of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) as the means of attaining godliness/righteousness. Same way he deceived Eve. Believer, eat FREELY of the TREE OF LIFE and LIVE FOREVER. HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST!

nice one

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / The Cross / Spirit Meat: Becoming A Masterpiece Of God In Your Generation - Gen 6:5-8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.