Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

How I Stopped Messi –enyeama - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Stopped Messi –enyeama (10101 Views)

Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Keshi Calls Enyeama, Mikel Obi, 21 Others For Ethiopia / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by kobikwelu(m): 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2010
enyama, kudos

nice job man,
you would always be known as the man that stopped messi.

just finished watching obama on channel o and dude were talking of him as if he was messi's kryptonite tongue tongue tongue
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by gambomails(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
Very big thanks to the young man.This is a man that Diego Maradona acknowledged as the man of the match,and yet,some people are saying that he bluffs.We love you.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by gambomails(m): 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2010
Kobkwelu,wetin Obama been do for Channel O?
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by kobikwelu(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
Kobkwelu,wetin Obama been do for Channel O?

my mistake, regrets,
i meant OBOMA SHOW,

ONE AGAIN MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by lescey(m): 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
HE REALLY TRIED, HE IS AWESOME, I CANT BELIEVE HE CAN HAVE SUCH A GREAT PERFORMER.
LETS JUST HOPE AND PRAY FOR THE SUPER EAGLES, IT IS WELL.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by osifred(m): 12:50am On Jun 15, 2010

"I just feel wonderful with the way I played , but I feel horrible because we lost. I wish Messi had come to talk afterwards, but he is the best player in the world and he wouldn't come to the player he doesn't know to congratulate him," quipped the 27-year-old.

i read this part of the post with pride, enyema dont worry messi have congratulated you already and am sure must have checked your profile.
kip doing nigerian proud, i cant nt really remember enyema being distratious to SE, he has alway be good from the word go atleast if i can remember.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 15, 2010
Let's be real. He deserves to brag.

He was a champion out there.

Waiting for June 17th
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by princekevo(m): 6:42am On Jun 15, 2010
Now this is man my talking. I dont see why people see this as braging. You brag when you say what you can not do. Enyema has proved himself as one the best keeper Nigeria ever had. He took Enyimba to their first win in Africa champions league.

The only nations cup we beat cameroon at semi finals, Enyema was the one who gave us the victory by saving even a one on one goal from Eto. Go to youtube and see uncountable saves from enyema you will know his is not bragging, but talking abt what he has done. i dont know how that is bragging to you haterz.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by sirvick(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2010
any body wey say beter thin no good no fit see beter thin
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Vincent41(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2010
How can eyema watch messi 20 matches wen him(eyema no get television), laughs,
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by plahtnaum: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2010
He watched them at Nnemeka Viewing Center in Aba. grin
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by davidif: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2010
what a dilligent keeper. he studied messi very well.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by onyeokwuak(f): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2010
Enyeama is one of the best keepers in the world.He won the best player award in Isreali league.And has been consistent in international matches.He has conceded the least of goals in his career at super eagles.
No let Oyibo dey decieve u.They consider there own players first b4 the African players.Watching Enyeama comparing him with Casilas, Enyeama is a better keeper.Some of u go say na lie, bocs Casilas na Oyibo.Inferiority complex don kill ina finish.TAAAAAAAAA!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Tobe01: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2010
This is pure preparation, knowing your opponent and understudying him. infact i believe Enyeama was sharper than Messi cos he anticipated all his moves, something casillas has never thought of doing!!!! it simply depicts a keeper with a focus. Above all his belief in God makes the whole thing awesome. GO ON SUPER EAGLES AND MAKE NIGERIANS PROUD!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Kgdavid(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2010
today we must thank vincent enyeama for what he has done for his country. i was amazed to check him out on youtube and i saw so many videos of him with extremely positive comments from foreigners comparing him even to casillas. vincent enyeama is a true son of nigeria and i am extremely proud of him. let no one think that what vincent did against argentina was a lucky fluke, no way! his videos will confirm that this guy knows what he is doing. who says he is not up there with the best? to vincent, i pray for you and may God continue to bless you with skills and may you eventually receive the promotion that you deserve. the child that washes his hands shall eat with the elders and you have washed your hands thoroughly, may you now receive your invitation to the table of the elders. Amen
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Kgdavid(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2010
do you know Enyeama scored 9 goals for his club as well as bagging a few assists?
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by mystikal(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2010
I for one know Enyeama is better than Almunia
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by onyengbu1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
Posted by: Kgdavid

do you know Enyeama scored 9 goals for his club as well as bagging a few assists?

I was going to point out that one too.

Now tell me, how many goalkeepers has ever done that?

At the nations cup he saved one penalty and scored one in one game and the commentators couldnt stop shouting.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by tosinaded(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
Fck Mannone
Fck Almunia
Fck fabianski

Wenger is an a$$ !

Enyeama God bless u jare!
just watch videos of this guy on youtube. . . . . no be say shoot bird, Guy is world class!
we no just sabi hype our own for naija!

Isreali player of the year? a goal keeper for that matter!
No1 penalty taker for Hapoel Tel aviv!

i remember he saved for penalities against tunisia at the natiions cup
i remember the save he made from scholes at the world cup in 2002
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Ranoscky(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
I stil dey talkam dey go! Na Ogun na'em go pieces any routine soul wey go talk rubbish against Enyeama!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by wazobiang: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
i wish all the team members were this smart
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Sharon6(f): 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
enyama ni joooor. Bleep all 'em haters!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by TmeD0(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
9ijaprince

Enyeama make you no brag o! You just had a great day.

where in the article did he brag? 

perhaps, you didn't  understand read what he said:  undecided
"I believe in God a lot and that was definitely God's doing. He was the defence for me today. God is my secret.

**shakes head in disgust** typical naija mentality. . .will never appreciate their own.

if na oyinbo man performed as brilliantly as the guy did so, na so so praises oponus like this go dey praise am.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by netbizzy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
Enyeama, has always been a team player. I remember when he was made a second keeper by berti vogts, he did not complain but kept supporting the team. Still came for all the matches that Ejide was in post. I think the secret of Enyeama is loving God and his educational background(graduate of UNIUYO),

He is a complete man, let us pray he continues to be better and at the end succeeds with the SE. GO AFRICA
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by mamagee3(f): 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
I can't wait until June 17th. . .

But, I'm hoping Nigeria wouldn't watch Greece beat them.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 16, 2010

"I just feel wonderful with the way I played , but I feel horrible because we lost. I wish Messi had come to talk afterwards, but he is the best player in the world and he wouldn't come to the player he doesn't know to congratulate him," quipped the 27-year-old.
- enyeama

Messi salutes 'phenomenal' Enyeama

Posted: 2010-06-14 12:37

Lionel Messi described Vincent Enyeama as "phenomenal" after the Nigeria goalkeeper produced what he described as his 'best performance' to keep the Argentine forward at bay on numerous occasions in their Group B game on Saturday.   

"The goalkeeper was phenomenal," Messi said after he and his Argentina mates were limited to a 1-0 win mostly thanks to Enyeama's series of stunning saves.

"He takes all the credit. We played a great game today and created a lot of chances. We just couldn't get the second goal."

Enyeama, who has enjoyed some sparkling performances for Nigeria in the past, described it as his best

"It would be my best possible performance playing against the best possible player in the world, so it was my best," Enyeama told a news conference after he was named Man of the Match.

Asked how he had, the deeply religious Enyeama said: "God is my secret, just God. He made me calm and he made me quiet."

Argentina's winner came from a corner after the goalkeeper finger-tipped a goal-bound Messi chip over.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Ranoscky(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2010
If Cassilas can stil conceed more goals with the likes of defender that he had infront of him, and if Enyeama can conceed less goal with likes of defender infront of him, that means Enyeama is berrer than Cassilas.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by creamofluv: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2010
Are you guys dumb head or what, We nigerians are useless appreciating our fellow brothers, atleast outsider appreciates him, maybe you guys have not watched him played for Hapoel Tel Aviv or have you guys forgot that he was selected for the player of the year  in Israel in 2009. Atleasts all isrealites appreciate his efforts if you silly dumbass mofo cant appreciates him.

You only have to go on youtube to see his wonderful save, he should come to europe that is where he belong
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Ranoscky(m): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^Don't worry very soon he'll be in premiership.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by noblegas2(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2010
creamofluv:

Are you guys dumb head or what, We nigerians are useless appreciating our fellow brothers, atleast outsider appreciates him, maybe you guys have not watched him played for Hapoel Tel Aviv or have you guys forgot that he was selected for the player of the year  in Israel in 2009. Atleasts all isrealites appreciate his efforts if you silly dumbass mofo cant appreciates him.

You only have to go on youtube to see his wonderful save, [size=20pt]he should come to europe that is where he belong[/size]

I saw it in za news dat Wenger wants to talk to him again, He truly deserves to be playing in the premiership cuz he`s za man!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by rapheal10: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2010
good of u enyeama, u are to be proud of in nigeria. kip it up

Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Seun(m): 4:39am On Jun 19, 2010
does he look like enyeama to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Funny Football Meme Collection / Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Neymar Becomes Highest-scoring Brazilian In Champions League History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.